NY's Magazine ban unconstitutional?

This is a discussion on NY's Magazine ban unconstitutional? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I personally think New York is Unconstitutional. Can we Please sell them to China?....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: NY's Magazine ban unconstitutional?

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I personally think New York is Unconstitutional. Can we Please sell them to China?.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    As long as Mr. Bloomberg's security detail only carries 7 rounds, I'm o.k. with the law. They had it right the first time, before the LE exemption.
    I don't like the limitation, but I wanted to respond to your post. You might be right. If NY limited LE to 7 rounds, then you might have a resonable standard argument. Not an argument I would agree with, but one the state could use as a defense for the limitation in a court hearing.

CA needs to be challenged on their round lmitations based on the fact that CA LE can have more than 10. Wonder if that was ever done?
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Magazine ban unconstitutional?

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    No doubt that their new rules and bans are illegal. I also think that many of these same provisions, most notably the banning a class of weapons, in common use, and serving a valid function for (citizen militia) towards the common defense do a fine job of rendering any sort of ban on semiautomatic sporting rifles illegal too. Part of what is interesting is that a number of states on both sides of the issue are racing to implement preemptive regulations by either banning or declaring bans nullified even though there has been no official federal action taken towards a ban. Just the talk of Obama supporting a ban has been enough, though in reality this is one issue on top of several other states rights issues that have been pushed in the last few years.
    Then how has Ca already made it law? How can it be overturned, or can it at all. I do not believe this administration respects the constitution and basically does whatever it wants. What can we do against a sitting president?

I dont think the Constitution makes any room for administrations not respecting it. It does spell out what to do if a government refuses too respect it and the right of the citizens. Just a thought.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by bhowerton View Post
    Then how has Ca already made it law? How can it be overturned, or can it at all. I do not believe this administration respects the constitution and basically does whatever it wants. What can we do against a sitting president?
    As far as state laws go the law can be overturned by the state Supreme Court(if they are willing to hear a case) or by the state legislators with a repeal bill.

As far as a federal law either all of the US Courts of Appeal would have to rule it unconstitutional if they get a case or the Supreme Court rules the law unconstitutional.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Impeach HIM but then we are stuck with joe.
    BugDude likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Impeach HIM but then we are stuck with joe.
    Joe Blow scares me more than Oblamer.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by The Old Anglo View Post
    I personally think New York is Unconstitutional. Can we Please sell them to China?.
    We could GIVE NY to China to pay off some of our debt if they agree to take the numbskull politicians with the deal. Given its current state of affairs I'm not sure they would take it.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    This represents what I think is the biggest problem with not being very active in standing against the gun restriction movement. If bad laws get passed, it can be many years before they are reversed and a lot of irreparable damage can get done in the mean time. Look how long it took to overturn the IL ban on concealed carry.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links