Guns across America how did it you in your state? What is your story? - Page 2

Guns across America how did it you in your state? What is your story?

This is a discussion on Guns across America how did it you in your state? What is your story? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by krisspy I'm sorry to hear that. I guess you didn't hear that the Florida rally was in Brooksville, not Tallahassee. Oops....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Guns across America how did it you in your state? What is your story?

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I guess you didn't hear that the Florida rally was in Brooksville, not Tallahassee.
    Oops.

Carson City NV went well, I was worried about the turnout since apathy is our biggest enemy. But I was happily surprised that there was a lot of folks out there. Some open carry and a few rifles over the shoulders but just like other places a very respectful rally. Some good info going around. I'd guess more than 500 there.

They had one at the state capital here in S.C.I didn't go,but,a friend of mine did.He said there were around a couple of hundred people there,give or take.They had a 2 day gun show,not far from it.He said it was so crowded,he didn't stay long.

Alabama went well. We had about 500 folks.

The guy with the Confederate flag and the handful of Confederate reenactors did not help our image... Nothing against the Confederacy, but unfortunately those symbols have been demonized.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...-2nd-Amendnent
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/

Picture from Austin. I'm really not sure how many people attended, it was a good crowd.

2013-01-19_12-24-15_438.jpg

Not sure how things went in Springfield. Up in northern IL folks are too busy cracking fun at the two negligent discharges all over the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Well I made it a point to be in Madison today. It went well we had a few of the Local Madison Union crowd showed up to call us a names but they were ignored for the most part. A few pictures for you. A lot of open carry a few open carry long guns but hey did secure the bolts and trigger lock them.
    People are feed up with Obama that was clear and pretty sure most will not give up their weapons .
    Attachment 66904Attachment 66905Attachment 66906Attachment 66907
    We were in Madison as well (Me, hubby, and all of our children). The Anti-gun guy on the corner with his "Keep Your Guns Away from Our Children" sign didn't have much to say to me OC-ing while pushing my toddler in a stroller. I guess "my children" weren't important to him . Some reports say 500-600 people. I'd say more than that. 20 people wide x 50+ people deep=1,000+
    19399_198327043641655_1223584438_n.jpg408432_198316413642718_1048709545_n.jpg424128_4813663631978_1464215980_n.jpg
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Distinguished Member
    Was at the capital in Nashville, not near as many as I hoped, prob 200 maybe near 300. But it was a great crowd, had good speakers. Saw James Yeager and hickok 45 there. Was proud to be there and a part of it. If your in Tn you need to contact your representatives and tell them to support hb 42!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Great turnout in Olympia today! The wife and I were there. We had some good speakers and a good cross-section of the population; ex- and current military, moms with kids and dogs, some in business casual, and even a few in camo but not too many. The only bad part was it was cold. Glad I went.

Thousands of gun rights supporters rally in Olympia - Local News - Seattle, WA | NBC News
    Last edited by Hoganbeg; January 19th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.

Distinguished Member
    Pretty good turnout in Salem. Police estimated over 1k. Not bad for a "liberal" state, and with the capitol so far from the demographics most likely to support the cause.

Quite a few good speakers. Lots of cars driving by honking and giving thumbs-up. Only problems were the cold, and bikers occasionally firing up their engines making it impossible to hear the speakers.

One counter-protester spotted. Grungy-looking stoner type, marijuana pin and all.

250 plus or minus in Topeka, Ks would like to have seen more but it went well..

VIP Member
    I couldn't get off from work. : (
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Quote Originally Posted by krisspy View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. I guess you didn't hear that the Florida rally was in Brooksville, not Tallahassee.
    That's funny when was brooksville named the Capitol of Florida?

I heard about brooksville but was informed that there was a gunshow in brooksville today that's y people were being steered there.

March on the capitols except for in fla?
    rigel42 likes this.
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

One news station here in Cali said 500 showed up. My daugter and I attened.
    jrizzleP95 likes this.
    Proud IDPA Member

"Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid." ― John Wayne

"Necessity of action takes away the fear of the act, and makes bold resolution the favorite of fortune." -Francis Quarles

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links