Bullet ban - Page 2

Bullet ban

This is a discussion on Bullet ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RightsEroding How is (ARMOR) defined by the fed? honey_ham.jpg...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Bullet ban

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    How is (ARMOR) defined by the fed?
    honey_ham.jpg
    accessbob likes this.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

My thought is Obozo knows exactly what ammunition he wants to ban. The agenda is clear -- they want ALL weapons and ammo.
    mg27 likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

It's a huge leap to go from banning armour piercing ammunition to banning all. It's not going to happen. My problem is the deer in Wisconsin often travel in armoured personnel carriers and without armour piercing rounds how would I ever get a buck?

Senior Member Array stanislaskasava's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    He has demonstrated his ignorance once again by calling to ban something that has been banned for the last 30+ years. I'm surprised someone hasn't called him out on it. Amazing
    It's not Obama who is ignorant. It's the people who are ignorant. That's exactly how Obama works. He uses peoples ignorance against them. Obama knows very well that AP ammo is banned. He only has to talk about a ban and all his followers get warm and fuzzy. He leads the masses around by the nose by saving them from casted shadows.
    kukla, accessbob, OD* and 1 others like this.

Hmmm.... I don't understand what advantage "armor piercing" bullets would give anyone when an ordinary FMJ bullet from most any high-powered rifle (30-06, .308, 7.62x54 or whatever) will go through 1/2" of steel.

I think they will try and reclassify armor piercing as anything that will defeat personal body armor. That's what he talked about when he made the statement about banning it, that people don't need bullets that will shoot through a policeman's vest. Well, that's just about every center fire rifle round made.
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    How is (ARMOR) defined by the fed?
    Well to me Armor is what they put on tanks and the trucks that carry money to the bank, so if a bullet can't penetrate one of those it is not armor piercing in my book. Of course I will be proven wrong if it becomes law.
    "Those without swords can still die upon them."

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    The average American knows next to nothing about existing gun laws nor do they even know that armor piercing is presently banned, and most don't care one way or the other. Obama is again using smoke and mirrors in attempt to get their support. Ignorance is our worst enemy and he capitalizes on it every chance he can.
    kukla likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    He means those "hollow end" bullets. Those hollow ends make them slice through plate steel like Rosie O through a dessert buffet.
    Yep. And personally, I think Rosie O' Donnell should be banned. She clearly has a very high capacity and no sporting purpose.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    The average American knows next to nothing about existing gun laws nor do they even know that armor piercing is presently banned, and most don't care one way or the other. Obama is again using smoke and mirrors in attempt to get their support. Ignorance is our worst enemy and he capitalizes on it every chance he can.
    And the majority of the media is willingly assisting that effort, not realizing how it will come back to bite them in the end. If the 2nd falls, so do the others.
    SigPapa226 likes this.
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Yep. And personally, I think Rosie O' Donnell should be banned. She clearly has a very high capacity and no sporting purpose.
    True, True.....................
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    If it's already against the law, why is Obama wanting a new law to make it illegal?
    Maybe this will answer that question....
    58.png
    accessbob and TX expat like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

It's all smoke and mirrors, folks. He knows most if not all of his recommendations will fail in Congress. The masses are calling for action, so he is making it look good to appease the masses. He is simply trying to make it look like he is doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    Obama is proposing that Congress prohibit the possession of projectiles defined as "armor piercing ammunition."
    Since federal law has prohibited the manufacture and importation of such projectiles since the 1980s, we are left to wonder whether such action by Congress would be followed by a new ruling by the BATFE, as to what kinds of projectiles the law would cover. Is banning almost all common projectiles (bullets) the Administration's back door way of banning civilian gun ownership? Guns are not very much use without bullets.

Obama stated that no one needs armor piercing ammunition, which is true and which is why Federal law prohibits the manufacture, importation, sale or delivery of armor-piercing ammunition, with very limited exceptions such as military and police.

If it's already against the law, why is Obama wanting a new law to make it illegal?
    Well... ATF ban all ammo that does not have a core of lead..... then the EPA wants to ban all bullets with lead in them. So, guess where that leaves everyone. Gee.... not hard to figure this one out.

Also... there are many 'common' bullets that can penetrate some armour, so the definition could be so broad as to actually eliminate most any ammo made in some calibers. It's a very very slippery slope, for anything beyond the present laws, which pretty much cover it.

I heard a few want to ban (sorry, not joking) who want to ban "those heat seeking bullets" as well. OMG .... they must have been dropped on their heads from the 2nd floor by their parents when they were young.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Obama stated that no one needs armor piercing ammunition ...
    ... that is, until an "armored" felon shows he's in serious need of being effectively stopped.

To my way of thinking, it's just as pointless as, say, the concept of wanting to protect the lives of your loved ones not constituting a "good and sufficient" reason (in states that require such things) for acquiring a gun or a CHL.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; January 20th, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links