Bullet ban

This is a discussion on Bullet ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; He's already effectively banned ammo... go to the store and try to buy some....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Bullet ban

He's already effectively banned ammo... go to the store and try to buy some.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Stormin1155 View Post
    Hmmm.... I don't understand what advantage "armor piercing" bullets would give anyone when an ordinary FMJ bullet from most any high-powered rifle (30-06, .308, 7.62x54 or whatever) will go through 1/2" of steel.
    This is the subterfuge. My 243 goes through at least 3/8" steel with soft nose bullets almost as well as a 5.56 penetrator round (M855). So how far is it to classify the cheapest round I have to be armor piercing? Will they end up calling everything much more powerful than the 243 armor piercing as a first step? I am guessing that would not happen at first, but would come down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    Yup, bingo. The average Joe will consider this a "victory." Keep in mind, many sheeple think that AR-15's are fully automatic machine guns that the military uses. They'll believe whatever they hear in the news. No fact checking needed.
    Exactly I asked a guy i work with who is a left Democrat. We like to argue politics so i figured i would ask his thoughts on a AWB. He said people dont need automatic weapons. So had to educate him on the gun laws and what a ar is. The media is not going to educate people on what is really on the line. So we as pro gun people need to talk to people and explain what is really going on.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future
    Carrying since 2013
    NRA member since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by 84jeepjohn View Post
    i agree. I just wish I could FIND ANY AMMO.
    As for thinking for ourselves. :( we look like fools when on gun appreciation day there are three seperate negligent discharges at gun shows that end up injuring people. No pun intended but we seem to be shooting our own feet here (I know it's not us here on the board. But it's still gun owners)
    Good point. I'm thinking that the incidence of negligent discharges is going to increase for this reason. We are increasing our population of gun owners at a record pace, which means NEW gun owners. We are going to see more of this and other dumb newbie tricks in the months to come. Remember that in today's world everyone already knows enough "Stuff" to not need to listen to advice. Combine gross ignorance, arrogance, an enormous sense of privilege, and too much "disposable" income and you have
    a perfect formula for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokinFool View Post
    It's all smoke and mirrors, folks. He knows most if not all of his recommendations will fail in Congress. The masses are calling for action, so he is making it look good to appease the masses. He is simply trying to make it look like he is doing something.
    Agree with the smoke & mirrors.

However, I am not so sure the "masses" are calling for action. I believe the leftist media is calling for action to support Obozzo, and they are trying to brainwash the public (exactly what Holder wants) into believing that the call for gun-control is much greater than it is.
    cmdrdredd likes this.

Senior Member Array Maverickx50's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    The economic factors associated with the civilian gun market won't make a whit of difference to an administration with an anti-gun agenda. Hard-core data will be diluted and facts "spun" to show that there is no negative effect. See what happened in the Dept of the Interior regarding the Klamath River dam removal project in CA - several scientists who refuted the "party line" were fired. What you CAN expect is a line of propaganda saying "we support the Second Amendment" while crippling civilian gun rights with incremental policy edicts and executive orders.
    Exactly correct. It's also very likely that importing of all ammunition specific to AR and other long guns will be stopped. Causing huge shortages and price increases.
    I carry to protect myself and my loved ones from the BG's. Not to solve societies problems. That said: if more carried the deterrent would only have a positive overall effect on those problems.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links