Bullet ban

This is a discussion on Bullet ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Obama is proposing that Congress prohibit the possession of projectiles defined as "armor piercing ammunition." Since federal law has prohibited the manufacture and importation of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Bullet ban

Bullet ban

Obama is proposing that Congress prohibit the possession of projectiles defined as "armor piercing ammunition."
    Since federal law has prohibited the manufacture and importation of such projectiles since the 1980s, we are left to wonder whether such action by Congress would be followed by a new ruling by the BATFE, as to what kinds of projectiles the law would cover. Is banning almost all common projectiles (bullets) the Administration's back door way of banning civilian gun ownership? Guns are not very much use without bullets.

Obama stated that no one needs armor piercing ammunition, which is true and which is why Federal law prohibits the manufacture, importation, sale or delivery of armor-piercing ammunition, with very limited exceptions such as military and police.

If it's already against the law, why is Obama wanting a new law to make it illegal?
    Annual Member NRA 1972-88
    Life Member NRA 1988
    Endowment Member NRA 2013
    SAF Member 2013

2. Remove Ads

Subterfuge, as usual. Look to see the liberal press drag up "cop killer bullets" from the past. The thing to educate the uneducated masses about is that virtually any center-fire rifle bullet will defeat soft body armor, and thus the "armor piercing" misnomer may be applied to the detriment of nearly all the shooting community.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I don't believe they will try to ban civilian gun ownership.You do that,then look at how it would totally rock the economy with all the people that works in gun stores all over the U.S. N.Y. might would try it.I say that because there are so many guns that,there isn't 7 rd mags for.I'm wondering what those people will do.That said,its guns and politics,ugh.So who knows?.Thankfully,im not up there.

I'm sick of them telling us what they think we need and dont need. I can think for myself, which seems to be frowned upon these days.
    Alex_C, OD*, Clodbert and 4 others like this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    He means those "hollow end" bullets. Those hollow ends make them slice through plate steel like Rosie O through a dessert buffet.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Personally I think Obama has bitten off more than he can chew on this one. No poll ive seen or news story indicates that he will be able to get any mag bans ammo bans etc thru. Or keep his EOs operating for long as they are challenged.
    He of course does not have to worry about reelection but as the smoke settles his cronnies in gubment are realizing that a lot of them do and this is political suicide. He will keep pushing but its looking like hes getting more and more in a position of pushing by himself for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    I'm sick of them telling us what they think we need and dont need. I can think for myself, which seems to be frowned upon these days.
    i agree. I just wish I could FIND ANY AMMO.
    As for thinking for ourselves. :( we look like fools when on gun appreciation day there are three seperate negligent discharges at gun shows that end up injuring people. No pun intended but we seem to be shooting our own feet here (I know it's not us here on the board. But it's still gun owners)
    SIG_guy likes this.

He has demonstrated his ignorance once again by calling to ban something that has been banned for the last 30+ years. I'm surprised someone hasn't called him out on it. Amazing
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    How is (ARMOR) defined by the fed?
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    He of course does not have to worry about reelection but as the smoke settles his cronnies in gubment are realizing that a lot of them do and this is political suicide.
    THIS right here folks. I believe IF Reid even let's Feinstein's bill make it to the floor, he will be toast.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Quote Originally Posted by samh View Post
    If it's already against the law, why is Obama wanting a new law to make it illegal?
    To make the un-educated think he's done more than he has. To make the un-educated think there's a problem where there isn't.
    8th ID and accessbob like this.

VIP Member
    With the AR and AK style pistols available now he may be trying .223 and 7.62X39 ammo as a start.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by gregnsc View Post
    I don't believe they will try to ban civilian gun ownership.You do that,then look at how it would totally rock the economy with all the people that works in gun stores all over the U.S. N.Y. might would try it.I say that because there are so many guns that,there isn't 7 rd mags for.I'm wondering what those people will do.That said,its guns and politics,ugh.So who knows?.Thankfully,im not up there.
    The economic factors associated with the civilian gun market won't make a whit of difference to an administration with an anti-gun agenda. Hard-core data will be diluted and facts "spun" to show that there is no negative effect. See what happened in the Dept of the Interior regarding the Klamath River dam removal project in CA - several scientists who refuted the "party line" were fired. What you CAN expect is a line of propaganda saying "we support the Second Amendment" while crippling civilian gun rights with incremental policy edicts and executive orders.
    mwhartman and ccw9mm like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Careful TX you might give em a reason lol
    TX expat likes this.

To make the un-educated think he's done more than he has. To make the un-educated think there's a problem where there isn't.
    Yup, bingo. The average Joe will consider this a "victory." Keep in mind, many sheeple think that AR-15's are fully automatic machine guns that the military uses. They'll believe whatever they hear in the news. No fact checking needed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links