The Second Amendment and knife rights

This is a discussion on The Second Amendment and knife rights within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Interesting that the Supreme Court used the definition " in common use" as a test for the legality of owning a firearm. Since the Second ...

VIP Member

Interesting that the Supreme Court used the definition " in common use" as a test for the legality of owning a firearm. Since the Second Amendment states the right to keep and bear arms, which included knives and swords historically, I wonder how it would be applied to knives?

If a 4 inch blade folder is in common use, how can localities enact laws to ban them?

Gun laws are nuts, but knife laws are just insane. Too bad there aren't ANY politicians that have any common sense.

In my state my ccw covers the carrying of a host of things besides a gun that are illegal to possess without it. Switchblade, brass knuckles, throwing stars etc etc some legal to have and not carry some not. When I leave my state I dont carry the other stuff since trying to keep up with just the gun laws is hard enough state to state much less the blade laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    In my state my ccw covers the carrying of a host of things besides a gun that are illegal to possess without it. Switchblade, brass knuckles, throwing stars etc etc some legal to have and not carry some not.
    I love living in Kentucky!

Links