KUDOS to Cabelas!!

KUDOS to Cabelas!!

This is a discussion on KUDOS to Cabelas!! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ------------- AP News | The Times-Tribune | thetimes-tribune.com PHILADELPHIA (AP) Hunting and fishing retailer Cabela's Inc. will not participate in what has been billed ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By AKsrule
  • 1 Post By 8th ID
  • 1 Post By wsquared

Thread: KUDOS to Cabelas!!

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar

KUDOS to Cabelas!!

-------------
    AP News | The Times-Tribune | thetimes-tribune.com

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Hunting and fishing retailer Cabela's Inc. will not participate in what has been billed as Pennsylvania's largest outdoor sports show next month following the decision to ban the display and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines.

The nine-day show is scheduled to open Feb. 2 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg.
    Cabela's said on its Facebook page on Saturday that after carefully considering their business practices "and the feelings of our customers, Cabela's will, unfortunately, not have a presence at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show."

Several other companies earlier announced their intention to withdraw from the show. The (Lancaster) Intelligencer Journal/Lancaster New Era said Kinsey's Outdoors of Mount Joy, Lancaster Archery Supply and Trop Gun Shop of Elizabethtown had said they do not intend to participate.

BRAVO!
    357and40, 10thmtn and atctimmy like this.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    One of the most unfortunate things to have happened as a result of the Conn shooting was the predication that a renewal of the old AWB and capacity limits be imposed upon everyone. It is probably the one biggest thing that is standing in the way of making any sort of real progress. I hope that more companies like Cabelas pull their support when the antis start demanding that things be banned, even if it is the name of "20 dead babies" as they have taken to saying.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

KUDOS to Cabelas!!

Good for them
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Great to hear this. I will order something from Cabelas this week. And write to them and tell them why.
    SpringerXD likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Pro

KUDOS to Cabelas!!

Good call. 👍
    Minimum government, maximum freedom.

NRA - Member
    GOAL - Member
    Comm2A Supporter

VIP Member
    Did Pennsylvania have a ban on this type of weapon?

At any rate, is this secretly what the anti's will be rubbing their grubby little mitts over?
    A major retailer, bowing out, for whatever reason, shows a feather in the antis cap, as far as I can see.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    A major retailer, bowing out, for whatever reason, shows a feather in the antis cap, as far as I can see.
    I don't think so. The way I read it, Cabela's decided to withdraw from the show because the show organizers knuckled under and decided not to display or sell the modern sporting rifles and standard-capacity magazines that the anti's are targeting. It looks like a case of a major retailer standing up for gun rights - something we could definitely use more of!
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    OOPS, already runninghere, W/O the link though.

Cabelas removes sponsorship of Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Going to go buy something I don't need just because.

I posted this in the other thread. Here is is again in case you missed it.

Maybe its just me but I see it in a much different light. Cabella's isn't standing up to anyone. IMHO they are playing both sides of the street in a VERY shrewd manner. The anti crowd will think they have been successful in bullying a major retailer while Cabella's hopes they aren't quite as evil in the anti's eyes. Lets hope it doesn't encourage the anti's. Our crowd says "good job" and goes to Cabella's and spends more money (just what they want). Since Cabella's isn't spending money on sponsoring the show they win there.

The losers? You and me and everyone with similar interests who might go to the show. It won't be as big and nice as it could have been w/ Cabella's there.

Re: KUDOS to Cabelas!!

Our nation faces an unprecidented retail dilemma: Due to the potential AWB and the resulting panic buying, many retailers (read FFL's) will be forced out of business due to the inability to obtain extremely popular merchandise to sell to their customers!

Truly a sad state of affairs.

sent from my rotary dial phone using tapatalk2

KUDOS to Cabelas!!

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Did Pennsylvania have a ban on this type of weapon?
    No ban on semi-auto rifles or mag capacities in PA.

I frequently travel to Cabelas in WV (closest to me) for hunting/shooting gear. The other store choices I have in this area are Gander Mountain and Dick's (which never really had a good selection of outdoor things but will not receive another dime from me on hunting/shooting things).

I originally wanted to go to that show, but I'd rather stay home now.

Nice job Cabelas.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and money talks.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links