What's missing in U.S. gun control scramble? Bullets

This is a discussion on What's missing in U.S. gun control scramble? Bullets within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Excerpt: Some 70 percent of ammunition is for non-hunting use, primarily target practice, according to a survey of its members by the National Shooting Sports ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: What's missing in U.S. gun control scramble? Bullets

Excerpt:

Some 70 percent of ammunition is for non-hunting use, primarily target practice, according to a survey of its members by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

"The consumption of 1,000 rounds or more is often routine for a weekend trip to the range," the foundation said in a note opposing ammunition regulation.

And while target shooters need to buy in bulk, criminal shootings involve less than four rounds, on average, said Lawrence Keane, the foundation's senior vice president, quoting a 2003 study of Jersey City, New Jersey, police records in the early to mid-90s.

So tracking bulk purchases will primarily track the activity of target shooters instead of criminals...........That tells me that if something like this is enacted, the true purpose is simple harrassment of target shooters.....average Joes.......
    atctimmy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    The idea of being ID'ed for a perfectly legal activity ought to make a free man puke.

The thought of being proven innocent of a crime by giving up a thumbprint so that you are "ok to buy ammo" ought to enrage a free man.

Reading some of these posts make me realize that as a country,we really are screwed, and there is no turning back.

Its over...most of us just dont realize it yet.
    atctimmy and bombthrower77 like this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    The only reason any convictions have been made is because the criminals didn't know how it worked. Make it a national law, put it on the news and you know what you get? You get educated criminals who let their girlfriends buy the ammo.
    I remember having to put my thumbprint in a book every time I bought ammo. It was a pain, you had to find the employee with the ammo key and they had to find the book, etc...

As far as letting their Girlfriends buy their ammo, its the addresses the detectives are looking at. Crime associated address= Possibility of an illegal purchase.
    Most gang houses here have a punch bowl of stray ammo. If they steal some ammo that doesn't fit their gun it goes in the punch bowl! Our gang team looks for these bowls to know if they are in a real gang house, or just an associate's house. For Me its just more confirmation that criminals don't buy ammo, they steal it. DR

Talk about painting us all with a broad brush. Why not keep guns and bullets from criminals and leave the rest of us alone? It just seems like they take the easy way out which is to punish everyone for the actions of a few.
    atctimmy likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

...with him wanting to ban ammo that's already been banned...he's looking for new wording to apply to other ammo...

...search the net to see how many rounds the gooberment's buying...and their "plausible" reasons for doing so...

...this ain't yer granddaddy's America...
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clodbert View Post
    Please don't give the federal lawmakers any ideas.

this!!!!!!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

...too late...among their "legislative initiatives" is: Protect police by finishing the job of getting rid of armor-piercing bullets.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links