Here's the facts on NY's gun ban

This is a discussion on Here's the facts on NY's gun ban within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Gun Reforms 2013 Initiatives - Frequently Asked Questions | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Here's the facts on NY's gun ban

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Q: What do I do if I don’t want to register my assault weapon?

A: You can sell it to a New York State dealer or anyone out of state by January 15, 2014. Federal law has certain restrictions on shipping guns between states that you should consult before making a transfer.
    He forgot to include the third and best option; move out of the Marxist, nanny-state of New York.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

I feel safer just knowing that NY has adopted those very sage laws.
    TX expat and SpringerXD like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I feel safer just knowing that NY has adopted those very sage laws.
    Like safer as in it makes your vacation choice easier by eliminating a destination for you?
    Brad426 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    From article;

Below are FAQ intended to help gun owners in New York understand and comply with the NY SAFE Act enacted on January 15, 2013. If your question is not answered here, please continue to check back, as this list will be updated regularly
    END.

Oops, they for got this very important portion of the headliner,

Up until the time when a train with many cattle cars attatched rolls into your town, and armed Jack-booted Thugs hop off and order you to get on for your re-location to a private resort of their choosing.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    He forgot to include the third and best option; move out of the Marxist, nanny-state of New York.
    Good Lord! I hope they all move to someplace like KC, MO, as FL is already full of 'em! This place is already like a Bronx with palm trees.
    8th ID and TX expat like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If I were a bad guy, I'd be moving to MA NY or NJ right now! It looks like you have to give up your 10+ round mags or pay to modify them. No grandfathering here I guess. Such a joke. It will be interesting to see their responses when another mass shooting occurs in a supposedly safe state where the threat of big mags and assault rifles was outlawed. Its like the concept of gun free zones. These laws do nothing but waste time and money.
    crue2009 likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Good Lord! I hope they all move to someplace like KC, MO, as FL is already full of 'em! This place is already like a Bronx with palm trees.
    At least the dogs transplanted there appreciate their surroundings and probably don't want to change it so it's more like where they came from!
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    It will be interesting to see their responses when another mass shooting occurs in a supposedly safe state where the threat of big mags and assault rifles was outlawed.
    Sadly, a mass shooting will happen in NY. They all know it, and have probably already penned the next bill that will reduce all the law-abiding NY residents to a single shot rifle/shotgun.

Once the horses nose is in the barn, the rest of him will soon follow.
    crue2009 likes this.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

And while target shooters need to buy in bulk, criminal shootings involve less than four rounds, on average, said Lawrence Keane, the foundation's (National Shooting Sports Foundation) senior vice president, quoting a 2003 study of Jersey City, New Jersey, police records in the early to mid-90s.

What's missing in U.S. gun control scramble? Bullets - Yahoo! News

So the bottom line is that a 7 round limit doesn't affect the average criminal. It sure affects the average recreational shooter. Kinda shines a light on the true intent, huh?
    8th ID likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckNekkid View Post
    And while target shooters need to buy in bulk, criminal shootings involve less than four rounds, on average, said Lawrence Keane, the foundation's (National Shooting Sports Foundation) senior vice president, quoting a 2003 study of Jersey City, New Jersey, police records in the early to mid-90s.

What's missing in U.S. gun control scramble? Bullets - Yahoo! News

So the bottom line is that a 7 round limit doesn't affect the average criminal. It sure affects the average recreational shooter. Kinda shines a light on the true intent, huh?
    Or better yet, no law affects the average criminal!
    crue2009 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I am sorry to say this, but we have enough left wing liberals from NY now in Florida without an influx of more because of their stupid governor. I'm sure most Floridians would much rather see them relocate to NJ. Most would fit in better there.

Would love to send Debbie Wasserman Schultz back to her birth place, Queens, N.Y?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

the Govenor had a good reason for limiting the magazine capacity to 7 rounds,that number will make about 85% of handguns illegal in NYS.in reality he stripped New Yorkers of their 2nd ammendment rights.
    8th ID likes this.

Wonder when the first court case will question the new law??

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by crue2009 View Post
    the govenor had a good reason for limiting the magazine capacity to 7 rounds,that number will make about 85% of handguns illegal in nys.in reality he stripped new yorkers of their 2nd ammendment rights.
    correct!!!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links