Most people are wrong about the NY mag limit law - Page 2

Most people are wrong about the NY mag limit law

This is a discussion on Most people are wrong about the NY mag limit law within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SpringerXD I just read the FAQ site and it says: Q. What if I have a magazine that can contain more than ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Most people are wrong about the NY mag limit law

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I just read the FAQ site and it says:

Q. What if I have a magazine that can contain more than ten rounds?

A. You can permanently modify the magazine so that it holds no more than ten rounds, responsibly discard it, or sell it to a dealer or an out of state purchaser by January 15, 2014.

Forum posters have been saying that they can still own a 10-round mag as long as they don't load more than seven rounds in it. According to the site, this is incorrect.

Re-read what you posted.

10 round magazines are grandfathered. With the way the law reads right now, NYS residents will not be able to purchase them after April and then at that time can only purchase 7 round mags (if they exist).
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    Ah, yes, watching America crumble was exactly what I thought I'd witness...not
    My grandfather told me this would happen. Kinda eerie but this is what the majority of Americans wanted. They elected this group of people to dictate...to those who voted for him or didn't vote at all...enjoy the chaos, you voted for it
    I don't believe that the votes were valid. Way too much fraud in Flordida and all over to actually say most of the people wanted it. A lot of senoirs did not vote. It was a crazy election. However I totally agree with you. America is so totally broke and it needs to be fixed if it is still possible. Not sure it is.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by granma4 View Post
    I don't believe that the votes were valid. Way too much fraud in Flordida and all over to actually say most of the people wanted it. A lot of senoirs did not vote. It was a crazy election. However I totally agree with you. America is so totally broke and it needs to be fixed if it is still possible. Not sure it is.
    Glass half full/half empty. We are in better shape than many believe. As the old saying goes.
    count your blessings. We have many. Stop listening to the folks who tell you everything stinks,
    because it doesn't, and scaring you is how they make their living.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My dad told me many years ago that this country was going to hell. It must be a long way to hell...
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    ok....RELAX...PUT DOWN THE KOOL-AID...HAVE AN AFTER DINER MINT...TAKE DEEP BREATHS....

The NY law will be challenged and defeated....it will not stand....so all this "the sky is falling" is mis-placed nonsense.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Hoping nazi yorks magazine capacity limit helps to reduce the states population capacity down to those who wish to be subjects instead of citizens. Hopefully enough so they lose some electoral votes or better yet just fade away.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links