...Rousing the Giant...

This is a discussion on ...Rousing the Giant... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...it seems to me that by the new members coming on board here, the 250K new members the NRA's claiming, and other signs like this ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Snub44
  • 3 Post By kdydak
  • 2 Post By mkh
  • 1 Post By suntzu

Thread: ...Rousing the Giant...

...Rousing the Giant...

...it seems to me that by the new members coming on board here, the 250K new members the NRA's claiming, and other signs like this weekend's meets and gunshows...that they're finally waking up a lot of gun lovers, owners, shooters, hunters, and just FREE MEN who've been too ostrichsized to pay attention...now if we can get EVERY one of them to vote in EVERY election and contact their representation at all levels...we might hold 'em off after all...I believe that there are more of us than them...we've just been quiet...time to make loud and intelligent noise!!!
    Exacto likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Tell someone they might loose something and suddenly everyone wants it. A few months ago it was on their to-do list. Now its a priority. Wake everyone up and get involved in the process I say.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

They come out of the woodwork and in a short time they just fade away again.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I came out of the woodwork after 08. My flame did not fade away over the next 4 years and is burning brighter then ever.
    ppkheat, Spirit51 and atctimmy like this.

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by kdydak View Post
    I came out of the woodwork after 08. My flame did not fade away over the next 4 years and is burning brighter then ever.
    Same here. I carried in my younger days when I was a LEO and into all kind of security work. Marriage and children took priorities for about 15 years and I slipped away. Then 2008 came and I got involved again. Now I carry all the time and I too have no intentions of fading away.
    ppkheat and Spirit51 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I agree.....election time comes they will be looking at their paycheck..not their gun collection. Sorry, but that is how a lot of gun owners feel.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I know a number of non gun-owners who support the 2A 100% and are greatly opposed to more gun control. I know a number of gun owners who just have one or two but don't really think much about it or keep up with the issues. I also know some gun owners who SAY they support the 2A and then have the "BUT" in there and spew the liberal gun control kool-aid. Then there's the people who don't really know much about it or care much one way or the other.

Of these broad groups of people, it is the first two groups that I have been hugely succesful in bringing it to the forefront of their minds and getting them involved. One co-worker than fell into the second group just this past week bought several carry guns and he and his wife are getting their carry permits. They've started writing letters to legislators too. Sometimes all it takes is some awareness, education, and encouragement to get someone on board.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

...Rousing the Giant...

I've been involved since '08... It was only a short time before that I was legally permitted to purchase what I wanted. 2012 saw me finally able to afford one of those "evil black guns" and enough ammo to support it. My light won't be burning out any time soon. I've realized I can't let my enthusiasm for these topics to fade away since I feel I can educate those in the same age group and some younger ones.

I was kind of annoyed with the NRA, but I signed up last week. A lot of us are seeing the threat to gun freedom is greater now than ever. I think a lot of people are realizing that they need to do something, or our rights will be gone. When I used the link on Ruger's site to send letters to my elected officials a week ago,(here if you haven't seen it Ruger - Protect Your Rights) the counter on the page showed 67,000 uses. I just looked, and that number is 612,000. I think some of us are finally waking up.

Got tired of my dad sitting on his duff, so I signed him up with the NRA via a gift membership.

Unfortunately, there was some loud and UNintelligent noise at a few gun shows this weekend, with negligent discharges and injuries that the lamestream media is promoting to paint gun owners as rubes. PLEASE folks - now is the time to be extra safe, extra informed, and extra articulate. Set an example. And remember that appearances matter. Look, act, and talk as a professional. Those who do not understand the issues involved will be judging us - like it or not. These people also vote. Be sharp lads - be sharp!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Links