registration, importation, executive order, DC, puerto rico, SCOTUS

This is a discussion on registration, importation, executive order, DC, puerto rico, SCOTUS within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I still maintain that nothing will actually happen (federal level) until after mid-term elections concerning firearm laws. Maybe something sneaky concerning backgroud checks and healthcare ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thanis

Thread: registration, importation, executive order, DC, puerto rico, SCOTUS

registration, importation, executive order, DC, puerto rico, SCOTUS

I still maintain that nothing will actually happen (federal level) until after mid-term elections concerning firearm laws. Maybe something sneaky concerning backgroud checks and healthcare privacy.

But an actual ban of some type, the anti-2a do not have the political capital.

Want to make sure I'm clear, I do not support required registration or a ban on imported firearms.

With that said, just an FYI, with all this talk of executive order that have been issueed, the real threat would be an executive order to require registration or to stop imported firearms (and components).

No matter how much you support 2a, and know historically what can (and mostl likely will) be done done once there is a national registry, 2A does not protect against essentially titiling property. State infringement all you want, registration is not infringement, it is just the step before infringement. Likewise 2A deals with the right to purchase arms, own arms, etc. However, it does not apply to US policy concerning importation of firearms. These are the EO you have to be concerned about.

So lets say you want to make changes in a 2nd term, after the mid-term elections. You don't control both houses if all things remain about the same. Does not matter how you split the pie, you don't have the votes. So you need to add votes. Now you have the votes, but the courts might block you, and none of the justices of the SCOTUS are leaving.

If you add states, like for example DC and Puerto Rico, by mid-term, you might be in a situation by mid-term elections where the POTUS might have the political capital, and votes, to also add two more seats (because it would remain an odd number) to the SCOTUS. I wonder how those two new judges would vote in a case like Heller v. District of Columbia?

Just a little rant that maybe belongs in a blog, but as I see it, these are the roads to undermining 2a in reality vs all the media hype we are watching.
    mbguy29577 likes this.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

The "something sneaky" about healthcare privacy would be as damaging and egregious as anything else you mentioned. That should be just as infuriating as any gun restriction.

Links