Members of both NRA & GOA?

This is a discussion on Members of both NRA & GOA? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I like 99% of what the NRA does, and I'm proud to be a card carrying member. They stick to the relevant topic, 2A, and ...

Thread: Members of both NRA & GOA?

Members of both NRA & GOA?

I like 99% of what the NRA does, and I'm proud to be a card carrying member. They stick to the relevant topic, 2A, and while the politics on the topic can be muddy, they do a good job of keeping it to that topic. I don't always agree with every NRA member on every issue, but I agree with most every NRA member when it comes to 2A. There are times that I may disagree with some nuance on how to move forward on an agenda, but in the end, I agree with the policies they support in light of the politics that are involved.

I like both organizations. I see one as a guard dog (NRA) and the other as an attack dog (GOA). I just don't like it when they bite each other.

Has anyone joined both groups?
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Belong to both hoping one attacks while the other guards.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

VIP Member
    After I sponsored a bunch of family members, we're nearly all NRA life members, along with GOA and SAF. I say the more the merrier.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Yup, memberships to both.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I like 99% of what the NRA does, and I'm proud to be a card carrying member. They stick to the relevant topic, 2A, and while the politics on the topic can be muddy, they do a good job of keeping it to that topic. I don't always agree with every NRA member on every issue, but I agree with most every NRA member when it comes to 2A. There are times that I may disagree with some nuance on how to move forward on an agenda, but in the end, I agree with the policies they support in light of the politics that are involved.

I like both organizations. I see one as a guard dog (NRA) and the other as an attack dog (GOA). I just don't like it when they bite each other.

Has anyone joined both groups?
    I am a member of both.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

I am a "Life Member" with GOA, regular member of NRA. I don't agree with either group on every single issue, but value both. I like the NRA because they are big and have clout, and have a lot of "value add" to being a member other than legislative. I like that GOA is very much on top of legislative actions and gives me tools to respond directly via a fool proof interface. (The NRA just says "Contact your legislator" while GOA gives me a link to their system that helps fill out all the contact, provides a form letter and talking points for you to form your own letter and sends it directly to the appropriate people.)

NAGR is the only group I don't particular care for. I followed them for a while, but they are like a bad telemarketer. I think they nag you more about giving money than they nag the government about policy.
    "Legitimate use of violence can only be that which is required in self-defense."
    Ron Paul.

Both these organizations have and will be helpful to our second amendment rights. However what worries/upsets me is it appears these 2 organizations and the other 2nd amendment advocate organizations are doing very little to counter the anti-gun propaganda that is being blitzed upon the American public by the anti-gun media. They are hammering away day in and day out with not a peep from our side.

List of National Gun Rights Organizations
    Links to National Gun Rights Organizations

Personally I believe that the 4 women orientated gun right organization could do our cause a lot of good if they endeavored to counteract the anti-gun propaganda. They possibly don't have the funding but it would really nice if they could find someone wityh "dip pockets" to fund them...... Just saying........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I'm also a member of both. I try to support any organization that fights for our freedom. I've donated and been a member of Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment Foundation.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

I do find it funny when politicians and the media refer to the NRA as the "Gun Lobby." They fail to realize that the NRA represents millions of individual gun owners. Yes, I am a member of the NRA, and I just joined GOA online this weekend.

Both here too.
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

I need to get my life membership funds put together for NRA, then I'll but in for an annual with goa. Thanks for posts.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Links