Now I've heard it all

This is a discussion on Now I've heard it all within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sounds like they are trying to turn us into British. Yes you can have your shotgun but it must be locked up at the gun ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Now I've heard it all

VIP Member
    Sounds like they are trying to turn us into British. Yes you can have your shotgun but it must be locked up at the gun club and then only available from 9AM to 5PM and must be returned by closing time.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I've also heard plenty of horror stories about weapons that were left in charge of the "authorities." Back when I was in the Air Force, we were told that we could own guns but they must be stored in the SP (Security Police) Armory on base. They could be checked out if going on a trip, to the range, etc....

I heard from some guys who would leave guns there with a fresh cleaning, then go to get them and find them very dirty from where they had clearly been fired, broken parts, or whatever.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    He's a State Representative so probably filed in the Peoples Republik of Mass. It may actually pass there or somewhere like New York.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    cmdrdredd--

I believe the terms are evolving. Assault rifle-->Assault weapon-->and soon Assault Pistol...Assault bow....Assault sling shot...
    Ha! Pretty soon people will be telling me I have an 'assault brain.' Hey, I kinda like that!

You know, the Swiss went through a period (probably isn't over yet) where some ANTIs were trying to get them to change their militia system and curb gun ownership. I wasn't there for that, but since 2008 I believe, they do store all military service ammo at the barracks. Any personal stash of ammo for their full auto Sig 550s they may keep at home with the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    cmdrdredd--

I believe the terms are evolving. Assault rifle-->Assault weapon-->and soon Assault Pistol...Assault bow....Assault sling shot...
    Is that one of those dreaded Bond Arms Snake Slayer High Capacity 2 Shot Derringers in your pocket?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I was talking with someone from Brazil last week and from what he was telling me this is similar to how it is there (which I think is stupid). You keep things like this in a locker at a range and go there to shoot it. You also have to account for all of your ammunition. You buy a box of 20 rounds, you better come back with 20 empty shells in the box. Crazy stuff.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Wow!!! Just when ya thinks they can't get any stupider they do........
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    It's like they're Zombies.
    Wow! So they have made progress have they.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I was talking with someone from Brazil last week and from what he was telling me this is similar to how it is there (which I think is stupid). You keep things like this in a locker at a range and go there to shoot it. You also have to account for all of your ammunition. You buy a box of 20 rounds, you better come back with 20 empty shells in the box. Crazy stuff.
    Why own a gun? Just rent it at the range and the bullets too. It what it sounds like and then have to join a club then buy range time. It's all abt control and money..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Being in the Navy I've not seen my fare share of poo that some Army and Marines those that truely have gotten their hands dirty fighting the ground war while I servived out in the sea lobbing massive amounts of firepower down range. I still will stand with you to the end leaving my family behind to fight another war with what Iv'e got to work with using any and all that I have to to the best of my obilities even if it means doing the right thing yet wrong as well.

Senior Moderator
    I'm wondering when my hands will have to be registered once they find out that I got a few degrees of Black Belt a couple of decades ago.

Assault hands and assault feet.

I can see it now. Sir...you must register your hands... in case you use them against somebody.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    There's a bill to make all owners of "assault" weapons store them in a government-approved facility:

Democrat?s Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Approved Storage Depots | The Gateway Pundit
    I'm pretty sure you haven't heard the half of it yet.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I'm wondering when my hands will have to be registered once they find out that I got a few degrees of Black Belt a couple of decades ago.

I can see it now. Sir...you must register your hands... in case you use them against somebody.
    heh, funny you mention that. I am trained in various martial arts myself including Jujitsu, Taekwondo, Kenpo, and Jeet Kun Do. They are gonna ban me next I know it.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Right now I'd be embarrased to be a Democrat if I was a Democrat.

I'm ashamed to be a human after reading that nonsense...

VIP Member

The hands and feet are the two oldest weapons known to mankind; it is amazing there has been no requirement to register them yet.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links