Now I've heard it all

This is a discussion on Now I've heard it all within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There's a bill to make all owners of "assault" weapons store them in a government-approved facility: Democrat?s Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Now I've heard it all

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar

Now I've heard it all

There's a bill to make all owners of "assault" weapons store them in a government-approved facility:

Democrat?s Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Approved Storage Depots | The Gateway Pundit
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

2. Remove Ads

These people are absolute idiots. It is time to stand up and say "You sir, are an idiot!".
    Spirit51 and PAPADALE1 like this.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    Americans fought a revolution over this kind of crap. The Lexington and Concord Powder Magazines the British wanted to seize.

Some folks are simply unfit for office.
    Spirit51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    The Gov't to is not going to "force me" to do any such thing. Period. What an absolute moron.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Senior Moderator
    Right now I'd be embarrased to be a Democrat if I was a Democrat.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Right now I'd be embarrased to be a Democrat if I was a Democrat.
    This administration has shown time and time again it knows no shame. They don't seam to know any better. It's like they're Zombies.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

I dont think anything this stupid can pass congress. If it does then I guess we will be forced into a position we hoped we never would be. Dont think there is any choice if this kind of stupidity is passed nationally.

One word: NO
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

It keeps getting weirder and weirder in the North East.

First it was ban all magazines over 7 rounds in NY (means almost everything that isn't very small or a 1911)
    Then it was proposed to ban everything that holds more than 1 shot in CT'
    Now in MA they propose making all "high capacity" magazines, and firearms listed as an "assault weapon" be stored at a range or gun club. Plus they want a 25% tax on all firearms and ammunition. What the hell?

So you buy a new gun, say a Glock which costs $530. You pay 6.25% in MA sales tax plus 25% on top of that. So that gun went from $563 to around $700! Lets not forget a $1000 gun will have $250 extra tax added in. Wow... I also find it a little suspicious that they say "assault weapon" not rifle because they can include anything they want to in that category
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

cmdrdredd--

I believe the terms are evolving. Assault rifle-->Assault weapon-->and soon Assault Pistol...Assault bow....Assault sling shot...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    We've talked about this for years here. They will try to raise the tax so no average income person will be able to afford to buy a firearm or ammunition. That will be their version of gun control. The criminal on the other hand only has to steal what he needs to be back in business.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Come and take them....
    justintimeagain likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by 8th ID View Post
    cmdrdredd--

I believe the terms are evolving. Assault rifle-->Assault weapon-->and soon Assault Pistol...Assault bow....Assault sling shot...
    Yeah that's what I mean. They can now just toss anything they want into the category.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Come and take them....
    This might sound nice and make you feel strong with the chest thumping but I assure you they do want to. Logistically and realistically it is not feasible, but I personally don't like this phrase. I think the wrong party(not politically speaking) could construe it as a challenge or something.
    justintimeagain likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Oh, and another thing, "And let me be clear on this," when the poop hits the oscillating blades, we'll give them right back to you.

Yeah, right...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Part of the reason this stupidity is going on is that the other side wasnt challenged in no uncertain terms 20 yrs ago or more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links