Shooting Less?

This is a discussion on Shooting Less? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by RightsEroding W/o divulging any secrets; I wonder how long you can maintain it? Seems even reload material is beginning to dry up. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shooting Less?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    W/o divulging any secrets; I wonder how long you can maintain it?
    Seems even reload material is beginning to dry up.

I maintain a "minimum # of rnds threshold" for the SHTF scenario. Sadly; I've reached that threshold and just won't shoot for recreation now.
    Reloading mats took a big hit when this 'panic' started, it's just that fewer people reload so it took longer for the supply to drop below the demand. It's also a little easier to restock components because there's less manufacturing involved.

But to confirm your hypothesis, I'd say they have definitely gotten scarce. I placed my yearly order for supplies about a month before this stuff happened and I can tell you that I would not have been able to place that same order a month after it happened.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    We generally shoot less in the winter anyway... other than that, no real reduction.
    If we get close to our "low water mark" we may cut back, but we're not there yet.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

The only obstacle to my outdoor range time has been the cold weather. So I've been shooting my custom CO2 pistol indoors.

And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    I hate it because since my wife died six months ago target shooting was one of the things that helped me get my mind off my loss.
    Hang around revldm. With all the silly things I post, I feel confident that alone will keep your mind entertained if not agitated. LOL
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    Yes, absolutely shooting much less. Between scarcity and cost, its tough. Also, I've been wanting to buy a new
    one and the store just doesn't seem to have them, though they keep promising to call if or when it comes in.

Its no joke when a single session runs around 70 bucks for ammo and range fee. Sure, I spend that much on
    other stuff, personal trainer & MA instruction every week, but there is an immediate health benefit to the workouts.

Any health benefit from shooting comes only randomly and rarely--and hopefully never!!!!!
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

VIP Member
    Ammo is a problem all over but you can get around that, one way or another. My bigger issue is with all of the NEW shooters that show up at the indoor range that I frequent when I am feeling too pansy-ish to shoot outside at the private range. Oh, and that private range has lots of new members joining everyday so, that gets a little crazy at times also.

I still try to get out at least once a week. I just may not stay as long.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    But deer season is over
    Yeah. And besides that, no one needs 10 rounds to kill a deah.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by revldm View Post
    I hate it because since my wife died six months ago target shooting was one of the things that helped me get my mind off my loss.
    I hear you, because I'm also a widower.

Hang in there.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Shooting Less?

Defiantly, I even have a new gun I have not taken out yet.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I do believe I have enough handgun target ammo, in 9mm, .38, & .40 cal., to last for the next two years if I only expend 1K rounds per month. Not so for the rifles, less than three months for most calibers.

Based on the present BS I will reduce my range time and only train with my EDC and BUG.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

The joys of handloading. Spent a couple of hours in my workshop last night and I have another 4 boxes of 38 special wadcutters. I think I'll head out to the range and shoot a couple of boxes. See ya

VIP Member
    I used to invite family to go to the range with me, and we'd make an entire day of it, while they blasted through my ammo.

I've cut back on those events.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    But deer season is over
    "Deer"?

Oh yeah...right...deer ...that's exactly what I was talking about...It is very useful for um "deer".
    TX expat likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I havn't been shooting much lately, but that's mostly due to the single digit/below zero temperatures and high winds blowing arctic air on us more than anything else!

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I haven't been able to afford to stock up on ammo in the past year, so when the panic hit, I wasn't able to replenish what little stock I had left. I am not planning on going to the range until I can find more ammo.
    Hopyard likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links