Shooting Less?

Shooting Less?

This is a discussion on Shooting Less? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With the scarcity of ammo, is anyone else curtailing their time at the range? I feel my right to " the pursuit of happiness" has ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Shooting Less?

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar

Shooting Less?

With the scarcity of ammo, is anyone else curtailing their time at the range?

I feel my right to " the pursuit of happiness" has been infringed.
    1MoreGoodGuy and mano3 like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    Have kept plenty since the last coronation and was able to pick up plenty at the gun show today, that and reloading I can shoot as much as I want.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    just changed what I'm shooting (would go thru withdraws otherwise) heading to range tomorrow shooting shootgun and clays 20.00 for 100 rounds and 4.99 for 90 clays don't know why but shot gun ammo is still available here even though you can't even get 22 ammo and don't ask about anything else you have to know what day they get ammo and be there when they open to get pistol ammo by the way wal mart tuesday academy saturday LOL
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Yes. And due to current shortages i had no other choice but to buy some terrible PPU JHP ammo for my practice needs.

Looked on youtube and saw nothing but bad news about the cartridge. Decided to do a little water jug/denim test of my own due sheer boredom and true to form it had complete jacket separation and passed through all jugs including the backstop. I found the jacket lodged in the backstop.

i have little over 400 bullets for my 40 cal saved up and i can go shoot if i wanted but i haven't in a few weeks. been trying to pick up ammo here and their cause i'm on a tight budget. theirs alota bullets in my town i can get em from 3 or 4 different stores in 50 100 or 250 round packs at the normal price but i'm seeing how every things going to play out before i make my every other week range time. ill wait till i get a few hundred more until i go to range again.

Yes I have cut back, more time with the .22 and less rounds with the AR, .45 and 9 mm's.

I won't go to the range unless I can find ammo to replace what I will probably shoot and lately, that's pretty much nil. I guess my Mosin will see most of the action now, since that ammo is still around and cheap. I wish .308/7.62x51 was as cheap as Mosin ammo
    I can find almost any ammo, but not trying to go broke with todays prices.

i am glad i live in small town i have been surprised at how much ammo i can get here where i live. i feel sorry for all you guys! good luck and be safe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post

I feel my right to " the pursuit of happiness" has been infringed.
    I have a funny feeling that the ammo may have another, more useful, purpose.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

It hasn't been over 20 degrees here in a while and I shoot outside.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Last week the range I frequent restricted ammo to one box. I'm loathe to part with any of my precious horde at this time so in answer to your question: yes.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by RightsEroding View Post
    Nope.

Yep, I've been feeling exactly that way. Haven't been to the range since this started because I don't want to burn through my supplies without being able to replace them.

Reload everything but 22lr so no I haven't
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    I'm a little jealous of you reloaders; though my friend who does reload told me he is having a hard time finding primers.

Like a few others here who responded, I like to keep X amount of rounds on hand, so I don't go as much as I want at this time.

I can't prove it, but I believe the big box stores are in bed with the fed until they see if the fed will profit them or not. Yeesh!
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links