Original "Assault" Weapon

This is a discussion on Original "Assault" Weapon within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We know this is what Senator Feinstein and the rest of the anti-gun politicians want but.......... Is this where America should go............

Like Tree15Likes
  • 13 Post By Crowman
  • 1 Post By Timkid
  • 1 Post By Daddydon

Thread: Original "Assault" Weapon

Original "Assault" Weapon

We know this is what Senator Feinstein and the rest of the anti-gun politicians want but.......... Is this where America should go.........

pittypat21, ctr, Alex_C and 10 others like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

I have been thinking about this myself. I thought this country would revolt when entitlements were cut. Now i am thinking it will be when the taxpayers decide that to muchit of therea rights have been taken. Not that it will be a gun issue that finally breaks the camels back. But it very well could be. It would not be a bad thing for the American people to stand and say enough.
    niks likes this.
    Every saint has a past
    Every sinner has a future
    Carrying since 2013
    NRA member since 2013

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timkid View Post
    I have been thinking about this myself. I thought this country would revolt when entitlements were cut. Now i am thinking it will be when the taxpayers decide that to muchit of therea rights have been taken. Not that it will be a gun issue that finally breaks the camels back. But it very well could be. It would not be a bad thing for the American people to stand and say enough.
    Yes we have all been thinking about this for quite a while, and I'm not sure we are using the proper language at all. We all have rights and freedoms and their are limits on a lot of them...Once we leave the confines of our own personal property and go into the public domain more rights and freedoms have limits...

2A is in intact..we do have the right to bear arms, however we are already under a weapons ban as there are many weapons we can't own, and there are many places we can't go with our weapons (a ban in effect) but no body much is complaining about that.

When in the public domain (as opposed to private domains) there are many limits to our freedoms and rights mostly bound under "public safety".

No one is coming for our guns, there will always be 2A (with limits as there is now) (and possibly more to come). I don't ever see 2A being done away with but I do see additional limits placed on 2A.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Awesome post! Thanks for sharing this. I've been talking to anyone who will listen lately about the assault musket and the parity between military and civilian arms. However, for all my gabbing...altogether now...

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Especially a picture with some words on it!

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    2A is in intact..we do have the right to bear arms, however we are already under a weapons ban as there are many weapons we can't own, and there are many places we can't go with our weapons (a ban in effect) but no body much is complaining about that.

When in the public domain (as opposed to private domains) there are many limits to our freedoms and rights mostly bound under "public safety".

No one is coming for our guns, there will always be 2A (with limits as there is now) (and possibly more to come). I don't ever see 2A being done away with but I do see additional limits placed on 2A.
    I disagree.. The 2nd amendment is intact only in language. If no one is coming for our firearms why have "they" been making and proposing laws that will ultimately do just that. "They" know that all the so called gun control laws presently do not do what they claimed they would. "They" know that the so called "military looking" weapons proposed ban will only impact on the law abiding citizens only. The ban is not based on anything except to disarm law abiding citizens so that they can obtain total control over us. History has shown this time and time again.... So at some point in time if left unopposed by "we the people" they will achieve their goal.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Listen, look at the big picture. Our enemy, yes enemy...anyone who is against our countries rights and is in a position of power is a domestic threat. Our enemy knows what they are doing. They have been planning this for years, look at fast and furious. The reasoning for that was to get guns to criminals to come and kill innocent people here and in Mexico. What makes you think they aren't just limiting this stuff in attempt to get to the next step. They think that something like banning guns will STOP crime. This is government run amuck. We are entitled under the constitution to be as well armed as the army of our government for when the time comes that they have gotten too...SWOLLEN with power...we can fight their army on even terms. That's what it's about. Not an invading force, not for hunting or just protection from criminals and petty thieves. It's to protect ourselves against people that are in power that threaten our rights. And if you are former military, you should still remember swearing an oath to the constitution first and THEN to your president and so on down the line. But your top boss is the constitution, not Hussein oblahblah
    Crowbait likes this.

We are almost at that point of no return. We as Americans need to pick a side and prepare to fight. Your either on obamas side or the side of the constitution

Re: Original "Assault" Weapon

I'm on the Constitutions side :)

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

I think we all are...hopefully. But I think I may be alone in this but I think we just might need another civil war. This country is a little outta control. Our forefathers must be doing backflips and cartwheels In their graves...I know I felt a shiver down my spine watching them announce oblahblah gets a second term. I knew we were doomed. But sobeit. I'd rather fight and die free than live a slave of tyranny

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    I think we all are...hopefully. But I think I may be alone in this but I think we just might need another civil war. This country is a little outta control. Our forefathers must be doing backflips and cartwheels In their graves...I know I felt a shiver down my spine watching them announce oblahblah gets a second term. I knew we were doomed. But sobeit. I'd rather fight and die free than live a slave of tyranny

Your tag does not say DC or State (I will assume Washington state)..but I am curious as to your comment of what tyrannical impositions you are currently under be it you live in DC or Washington state. And please expound on how a 4 year term of a lame duck President will result in our doom. Thanks...
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    ArmaLite/Colt started this whole ruckus about assault rifles when they used AR(Automatic Rifle)15, most dumb arse civilians and news reporters thought the AR stood for Assault Rifle. The in the know news reporters no longer use the term Assault Rifle, " military style" weapons is now thepreferred term because military style covers a broader spectrum of weapons that they can demonize.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    ArmaLite/Colt started this whole ruckus about assault rifles when they used AR(Automatic Rifle)15, most dumb arse civilians and news reporters thought the AR stood for Assault Rifle. The in the know news reporters no longer use the term Assault Rifle, " military style" weapons is now thepreferred term because military style covers a broader spectrum of weapons that they can demonize.
    AR = "Armalite Rifle", not "Automatic Rifle".

FYI, the Pope banned the crossbow in 1139. Wonder if they made "Crossbow Free Zone" signs?

Medieval Crossbow
    Never get out of the boat....

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xader View Post
    AR = "Armalite Rifle", not "Automatic Rifle".
    Yes, that is what I thought I typed.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Links