Sent Email To Sheriff

Sent Email To Sheriff

This is a discussion on Sent Email To Sheriff within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have already sent letters to my representatives, and got the usual canned responses. I sent an email to my local sheriff (Berkeley County WV) ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By krisspy

Thread: Sent Email To Sheriff

Sent Email To Sheriff

I have already sent letters to my representatives, and got the usual canned responses. I sent an email to my local sheriff (Berkeley County WV) from the sheriff department's website over the weekend to get his stance on the gun control issue, as I haven't seen anything from him about it. I'll let you know when/if I hear back from him.

I wrote my sheriff last week and received this response today:

Dear Mr. xxxxx:

I have received numerous phone calls, e-mails, and in person questions from citizens who are concerned about their Second Amendment Rights. I would like to share with you my position on the Second Amendment, which I am a staunch supporter of.
    In 1983, I took an oath prescribed by the Kentucky Constitution to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. In addition to that oath, every Sheriff swears to an additional oath, required by state statute. Furthermore, the first page of our policy and procedure manual is the Bill of Rights.
    During my 30+ year career I have been committed to the safety and security of our citizens.

Every Deputy Sheriff has taken these oaths to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America as well as the Constitution of the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

I do not believe the Federal Government or any individual in the Federal Government has the right to dictate to the states, counties or municipalities any mandate, regulation or administrative rule that violates the United States Constitution or it various amendments. I would view any such mandate, regulation or administrative rule illegal and refuse to carry it out.

Respectfully,
    Sheriff Michael A. Helmig
    QKShooter and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Kudos to Sheriff Michael A. Helmig. A patriot and a man of honor.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I sent one to my Sheriff too. He's always been a 2A supporter and even has had gun giveaway raffles in the past. However I dont think he's answering emails about gun control anymore. He was actually friends with Adam Lanza's mother growing up, and somehow was dragged into the Newtown hysteria

Quote Originally Posted by Exacto View Post
    Kudos to Sheriff Michael A. Helmig. A patriot and a man of honor.
    +1.

Sponsored Links