AMMO Shortage: Conspiracy or Panic? - Page 3

AMMO Shortage: Conspiracy or Panic?

This is a discussion on AMMO Shortage: Conspiracy or Panic? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought some 9mm ammo from my LGS on Saturday.. They had a 1 box limit per caliber....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: AMMO Shortage: Conspiracy or Panic?

New Member Array Chrischandler71's Avatar

I bought some 9mm ammo from my LGS on Saturday.. They had a 1 box limit per caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
    HLS security bought ammo before elections. There was a thought that the general public is so divided, that election results could cause social unrest and turmoil, in which case the gov't had to be in position or be ready to control or enact upon such issues as needed. There was a document somewhere stating this and the amount of ammo purchased online but that amount was crossed out. The ammo that HLS purchased is strictly from Federal only.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358794796.151070.jpg
    Just be careful out there!

If you think education is expensive try Ignorance

Considering three years of firearms inventory was sold in three weeks and enough guns have been sold since Obama was elected to outfit the Chinese and Indian armies. I would a think shortage would be possible now matter how fast you pump em out. Adding to that we have troops overseas that need ammo also. Sportsmans guide is backorder on Winchester .223 until Sept. and Oct. of this year.

Our govt has gotten so large it is by nature full of corruption. That being the case, I never rule out conspiracy with anything they touch, say, or do. Not to say that it is, but I'm not naive enough to think it couldn't be.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

The places around my home are either out, have only certain brands/loads and are limiting the number of boxes per purchase. If we go to background checks for ammo this will be the standard as people will buy more each time they buy.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Here in Vermont it seems like ammo is somewhat easy to find. I have been to my LGS's as well as Wally World and Dick's sporting Goods, all with good luck.
    I will admit though that I can find .40 caliber quicker than 9mm but its not too much trouble. I can't say for sure about any price gouging though as I haven't purchased ammo in a while. I am running seriously low. I bought 100 rnds of .40 and there was plenty on the shelf at Dick's, no 9mm at the time. 50 round count of S&B .380 FMJ for only $9.95 + tax but not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911_Kimber View Post
    I would buy more ammo but I don't have space where to store it.. The last thing I need is a house full of ammo cans.. I am sure my wife would notice that and ask me if she can start stockpiling jewelry, shoes, and purses!
    Mine already does, so I figure I can stash all the ammo I want, just to be fair.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

I think is 100% panic driven and hopefully it will get back to normal before long.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Ammo conspiracy ?? I think not....what next a sun rising conspiracy..?? poor folks..every little thing that happens is not a conspiracy......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I don't know where you all are from but apparently, it hasn't hit Vermont yet.
    No shortage at my LGS! Plenty to buy, weapons too!
    Shelves full of AK's and AR's. great selection of pistols too!

One word - panic. We did this to ourselves.

I bought 18 boxes of 9mm over the weekend. Some stores seem to have priority with manufacturers. This place also owns a range across town so theyve been getting huge orders for something like 15 years. Id imagine a manufacturer would want to maintain that relationship over stores that dont keep that much in stock even during good times

Give it a couple months. When nothing happens with the AWB , the Gun Control advocates for an AWB will crawl away again.

The credit card bills will come due. The 2000 rounds @ a dollar a round and $1500 dollar MSRP ($800.00) won't seem like such a good idea.

This happens all the time with iPhones, iPads , game systems etc. my one son works at a large electronics retailer part time. The last 2 weeks he has been busy restocking a new game system that people thought they were going to make a killing on over the holidays selling them on eBay or Craigslist. The returns are a dozen units per customer at a time.

I think this was a perfect storm. The election, the shootings , the Gun Control advocates and the Holidays.

New York and some other states were hit hard, but I am hopeful that the laws will be repealed or found unconstitutional. We have to stay vigilant to protect our rights

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    I don't know where you all are from but apparently, it hasn't hit Vermont yet.
    No shortage at my LGS! Plenty to buy, weapons too!
    Shelves full of AK's and AR's. great selection of pistols too!
    Looks like i'm taking a trip to Vermont.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links