Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

This is a discussion on Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dben002 As announced on Good Morning Joe this AM..an un-named Democrat has reported their are no where near enough votes for any ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    As announced on Good Morning Joe this AM..an un-named Democrat has reported their are no where near enough votes for any gun control measures that would include a weapons ban or mag ban. They have taken an internal poll and the votes ain't there for that kind of bill. Registration, background checks is about all they will get.

Re-load and carry on..............
    Un-named Democratic sources have more credibility than the drama we are watching unfold before our eyes?
    zacii likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Un-named Democratic sources have more credibility than the drama we are watching unfold before our eyes?
    This has and will be debated here for a long time....All I am relaying to you is that it was stated that the DNC's own internal's show that a bill introduced with weapons or mag bans has no chance of passing within their own membership not to mention the R's stance....so you can take the Ripley stance (believe it or not).
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

[QUOTE=onacoma;2562723]I bet you also believe in Santa Claus, Obama won't raise taxes, and Obama is not a divider! They are quiet because they need to get re-elected next year! Why do you think Al Frankin is not backing Gun Control, because he believes in the 2nd amendment!

If everyone keeps drinking the Kool-Aid we'll live happy every after just like OZ![/QUOTE

Since he used to teach Constitutional Law, one could easily believe he regards himself as an expert on the topic. With his next Supreme Court justice appointment, the Constitution will mean whatever he says it means, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    ...yep...all good news...go back to sleep, America...nothing happening here...we're taking good care of you...for the children...
    Three shots...three centered hits! Well said folks...
    Who is John Galt?

Sometimes there's justice, sometimes there's just us...

Since they don't read any of the bills anymore, they will just pass a bunch of bills so that we can find out what's in it...such as gun bans, magazine bans, round limits, gun registration, confiscation, etc.

They will get the infringements passed one way or the other and you should expect them to hide the infringements in bills which contain unrelated legislation.
    ErnieNWillis and PPKman like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

...and we all were asleep at the switch in 1994 because Clinton did not have the votes to get the AWB passed......and then one day
    on my way home from work, it was announced on my car radio that the AWB had indeed passed. I got very, very sick to my stomach
    and remember it like the day Kennedy died and the planes hit the World Trade Center.

No time to act like its all just OK. This is a fight to the finish, and Obama will not stop until we the People are disarmed. To believe anything less
    and we will have the AWB to deal with permanently this time, and there will be no ten year sunset clause like last time.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ...and we all were asleep at the switch in 1994 because Clinton did not have the votes to get the AWB passed......and then one day
    on my way home from work, it was announced on my car radio that the AWB had indeed passed. I got very, very sick to my stomach
    and remember it like the day Kennedy died and the planes hit the World Trade Center.

No time to act like its all just OK. This is a fight to the finish, and Obama will not stop until we the People are disarmed. To believe anything less
    and we will have the AWB to deal with permanently this time, and there will be no ten year sunset clause like last time.
    If you had said this a year ago, I would have disagreed adamantly. Today, your post gets a like.
    Tuco

If we stop the fuss and stop the fight, congress will "sneak" things in when we are not as united. Don't forget the state legislature that said
    Yes, we need to carry on, we need to carry on this fight and never let it up, because the left won't.
    zonker1986 likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    " Originally Posted by Mike1956
    Since he used to teach Constitutional Law, one could easily believe he regards himself as an expert on the topic. With his next Supreme Court justice appointment, the Constitution will mean whatever he says it means, anyway."

But who did he teach, when many folks were trying to investigate his past, they found no past classmates nor could they find any students that he taught from what I have read. Could he be a self professed Constitutional Law Professor?
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Make that two of them. This issue will not go away any time soon. It will keep rearing its ugly head until such time as it either succeeds or is stricken down by the courts.
    I would also like to comment on the statements about appointments to the court. Even if there were a sufficient number of appointments to the court to change it's makeup, there are a few things to keep in mind: one, the court is exceptionally loath to overturn or overrule itself. Two, in the last few years there have been some rulings that provide verbiage as to the definition of militia, common use, and rules against categorical bans. Three, the court system tends to borrow on precedent quite a lot and this takes the effect of SCOTUS rulings using lower court rulings as justification and vice versa and there have been some notable rulings that have overturned the most egregious of the restrictions.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Since he used to teach Constitutional Law, one could easily believe he regards himself as an expert on the topic. With his next Supreme Court justice appointment, the Constitution will mean whatever he says it means, anyway."

But who did he teach, when many folks were trying to investigate his past, they found no past classmates nor could they find any students that he taught from what I have read. Could he be a self professed Constitutional Law Professor?
    Former Obama Law Student Speaks Out... | Thom Lambert | Fox Nation
    Tuco

I fear registration more than any other measure.
    GH, whoppo and PPKman like this.

VIP Member
    I firmly believe the administration to be in for the long haul on this one, with a willingness and the ability to come at it from all directions, on all fronts. The president has waited his entire career to fight this one, and now that it is here, it shall be fought, long and hard.
    ^^^this is exactly correct^^^

Don't think for one second that this fight will be over simply because the community organizer can't get a bill past Congress right now.

First off, you have to understand this: The AWB and mag caps would probably not pass the SCOTUS as it sits right now. The anointed one plans to sit multiple justices in the coming 4 years. With the SCOTUS stacked against the Constitution, you can bet nothing will be off the table in terms of disarming the American people. Nothing.

Obama is any number of things, but stupid isn't one of them. He knows where his agenda can go, and how it'll get there, and right now he knows it's all about manufacturing the American public's perception so he can justify what he does later. Obama has broken the law without consequence on multiple occasions (F&F and DREAM, to name a few), and tearing the very fabric of liberty is not too lofty a goal for him. He'll do it and nobody will oppose him if we don't stay organized.

Not only do we as a group need to pressure lawmakers to do the right thing now, we need to pressure the conservative party to start critically examining their own failures and make sure that every single candidate they promote has enough mass appeal to get elected. The days of standing behind an idiot simply because they choose to oblige the same unelectable platform needs to come to an end.
    Darrow75 and d2jlking like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post

He was not a "Professor" he was a "senior lecturer" he gave seminars and spoke in front of audiences.

Obama law course cited 'institutional racism' in US society | The Daily Caller

FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    He was not a "Professor" he was a "senior lecturer" he gave seminars and spoke in front of audiences.

Obama law course cited 'institutional racism' in US society | The Daily Caller

FactCheck.org : Obama a Constitutional Law Professor?
    These facts are what folks in the magic industry call misdirections.
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Make that two of them. This issue will not go away any time soon. It will keep rearing its ugly head until such time as it either succeeds or is stricken down by the courts.
    I would also like to comment on the statements about appointments to the court. Even if there were a sufficient number of appointments to the court to change it's makeup, there are a few things to keep in mind: one, the court is exceptionally loath to overturn or overrule itself. Two, in the last few years there have been some rulings that provide verbiage as to the definition of militia, common use, and rules against categorical bans. Three, the court system tends to borrow on precedent quite a lot and this takes the effect of SCOTUS rulings using lower court rulings as justification and vice versa and there have been some notable rulings that have overturned the most egregious of the restrictions.
    Good points, and I'd also add that it is more likely one of the justices already considered to be on the liberal side of the spectrum that would be retiring in the next four years. Justices historically look to retire under the term of an ideologically like-minded president, and/or when they feel like they no longer bring the type of utility/value to the Court that they once did. Looking at the current age, health, and ideological classification of the current justices, barring a sad unexpected passing or retirement by one of the conservative justices another Obama appointment would likely just mean replacing one liberal justice with another. In other words, I wouldn't expect it to change the overall makeup of the court much in drums of its current 4-4-1 split.
    relentless likes this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links