Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

This is a discussion on Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dben002 This has and will be debated here for a long time....All I am relaying to you is that it was stated ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 81
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

  1. #31
    Distinguished Member
    Array Chorizo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    This has and will be debated here for a long time....All I am relaying to you is that it was stated that the DNC's own internal's show that a bill introduced with weapons or mag bans has no chance of passing within their own membership not to mention the R's stance....so you can take the Ripley stance (believe it or not).
    Thanks for sharing and sorry about all the rounds you are taking for that. That is good information. This is a long term battle to be sure, but it is good to know we are winning on the first salvo.
    For those who don't understand, it is real important to know that there isn't the votes for the most important part of their agenda, a ban. As for the other parts, when the time comes, we need to shift fire and defeat that too.

    Again, thanks for sharing and sorry about the friendly fire.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

    "The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    VIP Member Array Dangerfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,575
    That's great!

    Dear Magpul please make lots more mags.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

    NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

    Friend of Bill

  4. #33
    VIP Member Array Aceoky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,478
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Registration is one of the worst things that could happen. That would be the lead in to everything else.
    There will be no registration, Without use of the dealer records to know who is or is not going to comply it' s a paper tiger, no teeth and they know it

    The McClure-Volkmer Act is also known as the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA).

    It prevents the government from creating a list of gun owners from dealer records.

  5. #34
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Thanks for sharing and sorry about all the rounds you are taking for that. That is good information. This is a long term battle to be sure, but it is good to know we are winning on the first salvo.
    For those who don't understand, it is real important to know that there isn't the votes for the most important part of their agenda, a ban. As for the other parts, when the time comes, we need to shift fire and defeat that too.

    Again, thanks for sharing and sorry about the friendly fire.
    Unsubstantiated claims from an unnamed source is good information? What, precisely, have we won? New York just overwhelmingly approved legislation which makes the '94 ban look lame. California isn't far behind.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  6. #35
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    There will be no registration, Without use of the dealer records to know who is or is not going to comply it' s a paper tiger, no teeth and they know it

    The McClure-Volkmer Act is also known as the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA).

    It prevents the government from creating a list of gun owners from dealer records.
    Talk to HotGuns about what that and $0.25 will get you...
    DontTreadOnI and BugDude like this.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  7. #36
    Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kernersville NC
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    There will be no registration, Without use of the dealer records to know who is or is not going to comply it' s a paper tiger, no teeth and they know it

    The McClure-Volkmer Act is also known as the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA).

    It prevents the government from creating a list of gun owners from dealer records.


    Yeah....and Area 51 is a summer camp for military children.........
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

  8. #37
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceoky View Post
    There will be no registration, Without use of the dealer records to know who is or is not going to comply it' s a paper tiger, no teeth and they know it

    The McClure-Volkmer Act is also known as the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA).

    It prevents the government from creating a list of gun owners from dealer records.
    Might as well throw the Dick Act in there while discussing things relevant to protecting gun owners' rights.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  9. #38
    Member Array RevTracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    133
    This president has no regard for the Constitution or what it stands for. So today (just as he did yesterday) he will swear an oath he has no intention of keeping. That being said, we need to keep pressure on our elected officials and support those groups that defend the second amendment...we also MUST speak to friends and family about this issue. It is going to take a grass-roots effort to stop Feinstein, Reed, King Cuomo, and Obama. If we don't stand up for our rights we will lose them. However, if we do keep the pressure up Obama will not get away with using an executive order.

    As others have said, do not get complacent and think this is a short-term battle. The anti-gun fanatics are in it for the long haul. I've used the anti-smoking campaign as an example. They started with small steps, chipping away at smoker's rights: no smoking in elevators, then lobbies, then office buildings, then 100 feet from the door of a building, then entire school properties...now in some places a smoker can't exercise his/her right in their own home. As they passed laws they also began brainwashing young people. This has resulted in demonizing smokers almost to the point of making them evil. Now I am not a smoker...nor do I condone smoking, but my point is that this is what the anti-gun lobby will do, and have been doing. Take small steps until they have taken all guns and demonized those of us who are gun enthusiasts. We must stand together and fight, or we will see the loss of our second amendment rights...and that will be quickly followed by the loss of other Constitutional rights.
    SpringerXD, PPKman and Crowbait like this.

  10. #39
    Distinguished Member
    Array Chorizo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SW Idaho
    Posts
    1,938
    Come on, Mike.
    Why are you shooting a messenger because you are passionate? I am equally passionate about this. Unnamed source? Look Reid said if he doesn't have the votes, he isn't even bringing it up for a vote. Better it dies in Committee than make the floor. Additionally, we can shift some of of fires to attack the registration scheme and tell them it is unacceptable. Jumping up and down on your fellow members is wrong, especially since we are all in this for the long haul. I doubt anyone in this conversation has been in the fight longer than I have, having been a NRA life member for over 40 years and been active in legislative battles. It is always good to look at the talisman bones as things progress to see if your "cards and letters" are having any affect. I appears that we are having an affect, all the more reason to ramp it up and continue. But to try to slap down someone because we can see light instead of all doom and gloom....give me a break.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

    "The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

  11. #40
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion County, Ohio
    Posts
    10,133
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    This president has no regard for the Constitution or what it stands for. So today (just as he did yesterday) he will swear an oath he has no intention of keeping. That being said, we need to keep pressure on our elected officials and support those groups that defend the second amendment...we also MUST speak to friends and family about this issue. It is going to take a grass-roots effort to stop Feinstein, Reed, King Cuomo, and Obama. If we don't stand up for our rights we will lose them. However, if we do keep the pressure up Obama will not get away with using an executive order.

    As others have said, do not get complacent and think this is a short-term battle. The anti-gun fanatics are in it for the long haul. I've used the anti-smoking campaign as an example. They started with small steps, chipping away at smoker's rights: no smoking in elevators, then lobbies, then office buildings, then 100 feet from the door of a building, then entire school properties...now in some places a smoker can't exercise his/her right in their own home. As they passed laws they also began brainwashing young people. This has resulted in demonizing smokers almost to the point of making them evil. Now I am not a smoker...nor do I condone smoking, but my point is that this is what the anti-gun lobby will do, and have been doing. Take small steps until they have taken all guns and demonized those of us who are gun enthusiasts. We must stand together and fight, or we will see the loss of our second amendment rights...and that will be quickly followed by the loss of other Constitutional rights.
    While I agree with the spirit of your post, smokers' rights isn't the greatest of analogies to draw. Cigarettes, unlike guns have no positive benefit to the health of their users, and those about them.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

  12. #41
    Member Array RevTracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    While I agree with the spirit of your post, smokers' rights isn't the greatest of analogies to draw. Cigarettes, unlike guns have no positive benefit to the health of their users, and those about them.
    You're missing the point...it has nothing to do with smoking...I used the analogy to show the tactics that anti-gun forces are using and continue to use.

  13. #42
    VIP Member
    Array TX expat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by RevTracy View Post
    You're missing the point...it has nothing to do with smoking...I used the analogy to show the tactics that anti-gun forces are using and continue to use.
    Except there's one fairly huge difference. You have no guaranteed Constitutional right to smoke.

    I understand your point about losing the 'right' due to attrition, but restrictions on smoking have never been in direct conflict with the Constitution.
    NRA Life Member

    "I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

  14. #43
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    I dont believe reports on unnamed politicians. And yeah, registration is worse than a magazine ban my opinion.

  15. #44
    Member Array RevTracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Except there's one fairly huge difference. You have no guaranteed Constitutional right to smoke.

    I understand your point about losing the 'right' due to attrition, but restrictions on smoking have never been in direct conflict with the Constitution.
    Geez...you guys are not seeing the point! It is not about smoking or smoker's rights. I'm not making a connection between "rights" of a gun owner and "rights" of a smoker. However, because tobacco is a legal substance there is no reason to go to the extremes that the anti-smoking crowd has gone. The logical answer would have been to make tobacco an illegal substance, but they couldn't. So they placed restrictions on smoking. Similarly, gun ownership is legal and more importantly a Constitutional right...thus, outlawing guns is even more outrageous. But making them "illegal" in one draconian law will be impossible, so the anti-gun crowd will place restrictions. That is my point...and as I said, I'm not a smoker nor do I condone smoking.

  16. #45
    Member Array MACC12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    85
    [I bet you also believe in Santa Claus, Obama won't raise taxes, and Obama is not a divider! They are quiet because they need to get re-elected next year! Why do you think Al Frankin is not backing Gun Control, because he believes in the 2nd amendment!

    If everyone keeps drinking the Kool-Aid we'll live happy every after just like OZ![/QUOTE]

    I think the Dems will try and drag this legislation out until next year. After they are re-elected they will start going after gun control. JMO.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

democrats good gun selling tools
,

good gun news

,

good results of second amendment gun control legislation

,

gun control

,
how to write our tx legislators on gun control
,
powered by mybb class 2
,
powered by mybb class action lawsuit
,
powered by mybb denver auto show
,

powered by mybb internal control procedures

,

powered by mybb marion county property appraiser

,
powered by mybb the american court system
,
volkmer-mcclure bill, new infringements
Click on a term to search for related topics.