Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

This is a discussion on Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With respect to all, I believe the point we're missing is strategy . The Administration just reassembled its election machine to run their agenda. They've ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

With respect to all, I believe the point we're missing is strategy. The Administration just reassembled its election machine to run their agenda. They've signaled their intension to risk the full force and prestige of the White House on the success of the anti-gun agenda. The campaign machine is filled with highly skilled, exceedingly well financed, and religiously motivated people. Their capacity for disinformation was fully revealed over the last year. They've already signaled an end run around congress. They will target micro groups of people across their constituency to place extraordinary pressure first on resistant Democrats in House and Senate and then on resistant Republicans. None of this would have happened if they didn't really believe they can succeed. I believe they can be successfully resisted, but if we (falsely) believe we're sitting in the cat seat, we're already four steps behind. I believe this is gonna be a long, hard, expensive slog. I'm preparing for a marathon, not a sprint.

PC
    Crowbait likes this.

2. Remove Ads

The administration can campaign with the sheeple all they want. The fact is the Senate and especially the House won't pass a new AWB.

It just won't happen.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Actually thats not how it's supposed to work..

Illegal laws need not be overturned since they are null and void automatically. They only exist because of corruption and treason.

Those laws are Un-Constitutional by default because they violate the 2nd Amendment. Law makers who create illegal and unconstitutional laws are corrupt and should be dealt with either in congress or the courts. Because it doesn't work like that, either because of treason or corruption, doesn't make it constitutional or legal it only means its a law that we have the Constitutional and lawful right to resist until it is corrected by any means lawful under the Bill of Rights.

As long as Americans keep reinforcing and enforcing the illegality of the laws and courts we will always remain the victims of them, guess who made up that rule, the guys who own the system.

Damyanky lll

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Don't think for one second that this fight will be over simply because the community organizer can't get a bill past Congress right now.
    (SNIP)
    Not only do we as a group need to pressure lawmakers to do the right thing now, we need to pressure the conservative party to start critically examining their own failures and make sure that every single candidate they promote has enough mass appeal to get elected. The days of standing behind an idiot simply because they choose to oblige the same unelectable platform needs to come to an end.
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will repeat something that is becoming critical with recent events. In essence, the gun community has two options. One either expand their base beyond that of the Conservative / Republican party. This will take the equivalent of affirmative action in actively pursuing and recruiting members outside of the core base. I have recently discovered that there are pockets of Liberal gun owners, such as the RKBA group on dailykos, most of whom share the same views as I've seen on this forum with respect to gun control. Option two is to reform the Conservative party. While I believe ultimately the party will need to evolve in order to survive this is more of a Pickett's Charge than an uphill battle. It is likely that everyone here knows which extremist views are major turn offs to large swaths of people and in order to get more support the party is going to have to start better representing their interests and stop declaring war on social and moral issues.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I will repeat something that is becoming critical with recent events. In essence, the gun community has two options. One either expand their base beyond that of the Conservative / Republican party. This will take the equivalent of affirmative action in actively pursuing and recruiting members outside of the core base. .
    It wouldnt take that much at all. However the attitudes of many Republican/conservatives towards other-affiliated gun owners can be pretty offensive. At the least, unwelcoming.

They often act that if we dont vote the same, then we have *nothing* in common and we are only gun owners because 'something terrible happened that forced us to see the Light.'
    SL1ckOne likes this.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Good news on gun control from an un-named Democrat

I hope Obama gets impeached for this. He's treating the constitution like toilet paper.
    -Kel-Tec P3AT .380 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (summer carry)
    -Kahr PM9 9mm w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (new summer carry)
    -Glock 27 .40 w/ Crimson Trace Laserguard and Clip Extension (winter carry)
    -Taurus PT945 .45 (more or less retired from carry)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links