Don't Underestimate this administration

This is a discussion on Don't Underestimate this administration within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by hartlathers Maybe I should take a worry pill. I feel left out. Here's my take on the White House and the current ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Don't Underestimate this administration

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hartlathers View Post
    Maybe I should take a worry pill. I feel left out. Here's my take on the White House and the current administration. I keep reading that gun control is the most important thing Obama wants to contend with. Let's be logical. The real issues facing this country are unemployment, the budget and health care. While discussions about gun control have a tendency to raise our neck hairs, it's just rhetoric. Shakespeare said it best "sound and fury signifying nothing". There's nothing wrong with trying to understand and stop the needless murder of innocent people. Talking about ways to thwart idiots from mass shootings isn't a sin. At the end of the day, we'll still have our guns.

It is rhetoric that reveals a dangerous mindset and intention. Also, I prefer to look further ahead than just the end of the day.
    Gun Bunny and bmcgilvray like this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Don't Underestimate this administration

This is a permanent change for ever, dems will almost always want to take ur guns.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I read a post today that Bill Clinton warned Dem. Congressmen to tread lightly on the subject of Obama's gun control agenda because when he, Clinton pushed for the AWB, the Dems lost numerous seats in the next mid-term election. There is a mid term election coming up in 2014. Several Dems have already said they support the 2A and will not vote an anti-gun law. I hope slick Willie was right!

VIP Member
    Maybe I should take a worry pill. I feel left out. Here's my take on the White House and the current administration. I keep reading that gun control is the most important thing Obama wants to contend with. Let's be logical. The real issues facing this country are unemployment, the budget and health care. While discussions about gun control have a tendency to raise our neck hairs, it's just rhetoric. Shakespeare said it best "sound and fury signifying nothing". There's nothing wrong with trying to understand and stop the needless murder of innocent people. Talking about ways to thwart idiots from mass shootings isn't a sin. At the end of the day, we'll still have our guns.
    New Yorkers can take comfort in your reassurances today. Massachusetts and Connecticut to follow.
    Gun Bunny, phreddy and bmcgilvray like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Once Obama and the crew start blackmailing the Dems in congress he will get his way. He from Chicago remember they got something on everyone.
    NY is just the start.

No you won't have them anymore that is Obama plan.
    Gun Bunny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fla View Post
    We all have out opinions as to why the politicians want the gun bans so badly and where escalation of the bans me go, so I won't go there. I will say ( IMHO ) that they saw a chance to garner public sympathy for the bans which would make it easier than trying to sneak through laws tacked on to humdrum bills no one reads unless the topic is of special interest to them. Lucky for us that didn't work so well. It put spotlights on the actions they were taking and even on sneaky bills and got a much larger response from the pro-gun than they thought would happen. Too late for them to back off without loosing face and saying " Gee the people should have a voice." They do not like things voted on by the people as their agenda is not about the people but self promotion. A bill giving lifetime protection to presidents ( they are more special than my kids ) a bill to allow a third term for president ( I wonder who that is aimed at ) Bills to hold up the removal of illegal aliens ( hmm who has aliens they need to protect ) Now they have a scramble as the wave against the abuses rise.
    Based on performance I would suggest that all politicians get a major pay cut and all " bennies " removed.
    That anyone running for political office must have held a blue collar job for 1 full year and supported family on that income only.
    Another note. When talk of succeeding from the union by the individual states the Pres was super fast in responding " They can't do that" If all the states that wanted to could and did succeed there would be little left to work with and little money coming in to support special interest groups and political plans of gaining more power.
    Just FYI: it's secede...Not succeed...
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Obama's team has proven to be a master of marketing, and the OP is right to point out that we should not underestimate them even a little bit. The media will continue in its quest to whip up baseless hysteria, and when someone asks you why you think gun control is a scam, you better know what you're talking about. That person has probably been lied to, and it's your job to set them straight. This is in addition to all the letter writing and everything else you should be doing to stop your representatives from voting against your freedoms.
    Spirit51, Hoganbeg and Gun Bunny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    I read a post today that Bill Clinton warned Dem. Congressmen to tread lightly on the subject of Obama's gun control agenda because when he, Clinton pushed for the AWB, the Dems lost numerous seats in the next mid-term election. There is a mid term election coming up in 2014. Several Dems have already said they support the 2A and will not vote an anti-gun law. I hope slick Willie was right!
    If those "Dems" get reelected....wonder how fast they will run to this Administrations "Gun Control". I bet it will be so fast you could bet money on it.
    Rock and Glock and Gun Bunny like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I do talk to people that matter.We have had some sheriffs here,that said less guns won't matter.As the saying goes,i was born at night,but not last night.I know we have anti-gun people here to.That said,i haven't really heard much from them,around here,anyway.One thing i don't do anymore,is say anything to a anti-gun person.They hate them,as much as i love them,and it's a waste of time,to say,anything.

Re: Don't Underestimate this administration

The real issues facing this country are unemployment, the budget and health care
    The real issue facing this country is the all out assault on our Constitution, which is in place to limit our gov't.

The real issue in this country is the incessant fight the federal gov't takes to consolidate power to itself. Once fully empowered by severing the last thread by which the Constitution hangs (the second amendment) it will systematically, by flattery first and by force second, impose all of its ungodly desires upon the people. We will ultimately become commodities, not human beings.

This sounds outrageous, and it is. But we are fighting a fight of right and wrong as old as the human race.

Our forefathers fled across the ocean to get away from tyranny. Then the tyrant also crossed the seas to disarm his subjects. With no where else to flee, Patrick Henry said it best "Give me liberty, or give me death", and at the threat of disarmament we waged a war for our liberty.

The liberty secured by the blood of our fathers is again threatened. Truthfully this threat began as soon as the ink was dry on the Constitution, but it really took steam after the war between the states.

This is the last line in the sand. We are not Britain. We abandoned those silly laws and customs centuries ago. We are not Australia, Japan, Germany or Russia. We are Americans. We used to be a beacon of freedom, now our light is in jeopardy of being destroyed.

Are we going to stand their like effeminate, pusillanimous men? Or are we willing, at least in principle, to do as our fathers did?

This is not meant to be a condescending post, hartlathers, nor is it directed at you solely. But, we cannot for a minute suffer the thought of complacency in our minds.

If we can mount a counter-offensive against our enemies, not with bullets, but with the truth; then perhaps we can give rising generations better field position to restore more liberty in the future.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    Good points. The current administration is arrogant and will push this country to ruins in pursuit of its agenda.
    Spirit51 and Gun Bunny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    The real issue facing this country is the all out assault on our Constitution, which is in place to limit our gov't.

The real issue in this country is the incessant fight the federal gov't takes to consolidate power to itself. Once fully empowered by severing the last thread by which the Constitution hangs (the second amendment) it will systematically, by flattery first and by force second, impose all of its ungodly desires upon the people. We will ultimately become commodities, not human beings.

This sounds outrageous, and it is. But we are fighting a fight of right and wrong as old as the human race.

Our forefathers fled across the ocean to get away from tyranny. Then the tyrant also crossed the seas to disarm his subjects. With no where else to flee, Patrick Henry said it best "Give me liberty, or give me death", and at the threat of disarmament we waged a war for our liberty.

The liberty secured by the blood of our fathers is again threatened. Truthfully this threat began as soon as the ink was dry on the Constitution, but it really took steam after the war between the states.

This is the last line in the sand. We are not Britain. We abandoned those silly laws and customs centuries ago. We are not Australia, Japan, Germany or Russia. We are Americans. We used to be a beacon of freedom, now our light is in jeopardy of being destroyed.

Are we going to stand their like effeminate, pusillanimous men? Or are we willing, at least in principle, to do as our fathers did?

This is not meant to be a condescending post, hartlathers, nor is it directed at you solely. But, we cannot for a minute suffer the thought of complacency in our minds.

If we can mount a counter-offensive against our enemies, not with bullets, but with the truth; then perhaps we can give rising generations better field position to restore more liberty in the future.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    I wish you weren't right Zacci
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Senior Moderator
    This administration wants a civil war. They want to kill the U.S. from within.

If you want to do something about it, get more food and ammo and quit pretending that they care what you think, becasue none of this is by coincidence, they have been planning it for years.

Plan for a war, because it is coming. You will ethier be prepared for it...or you wont.

If you want to win, you will spend time preparing and not giving it lip service because if you are still doing that, you do not fully understand what is about to come.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    So lets rewind back to November and the vote. There were several liberals on DC who came on this site with a bit of arrogance and many said "look Obama has not even mentioned firearms in his first term", many of us sat back and knew better and I am sure many were warned due to strict political polices of Defensive Carry. My question is NOW ARE YOU WITH US? Throw away all the rhetoric and lets answer the hard questions. Just as the OP mentioned, this is not a joke and rights are on the line. Here is how I see our rights being attacked in order 2A, 22A (yes he is looking at the limit on terms), 1A, and finally 4A. Now is the time to unite! We need to all come together.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links