VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen - Page 4

VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good for the mayor, and good for the gentleman who spoke up for our rights....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

Good for the mayor, and good for the gentleman who spoke up for our rights.

VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

Also note. That the citizen said that almost all that were in attendance thanked him. And that it only dwindled down toward the end and that the video was cut to just show the parts we saw. Read the article below the video it goes into better detail.
    Rob
    -----------
    Play in the heavens baby girl. For we will again one day see you.
    Gracie Rae P Nov 16,2004 - Sept 2,2012
    Forever daddy's girl!
    -----------

Nice job to both the Mayor and our fellow soldier, good job gentleman. I would hope we have more of our elected lawmakers and upholders on this side. We need it today !
    And I do think this Vet should show up at all the various meetings. It sets a good example on our side for once.
    Now for my current state of Maryland, We would go through the same security as an airport trying to get into anything Government related in Maryland, even camera's and cell phones are restricted along with HATS.

Good stuff in the video. I applaud the mayor and (most) of the council. That's why it's so important for us to voice our opinions to all of our elected officials, including at the local level. And vote!
    tcox4freedom likes this.

I think everybody in the video did great. Hopefully, the councilman who got up and left won't ever come back.

SCOTT DUDLEY FOR PRESIDENT.

The City Council Member that excused himself was a typical, tyrannical liberal that thought he could put his knee on the neck of the citizen that served our great Nation. GOD Bless Mr. Dudley
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Not really "typical tyrannical" liberal...just a stuffed shirt, with a high opinion of his position in life...and to thin skin...These juys mis-run a small community that has as its major sourse of jobs a Naval Air Station (NAS Whidby Island)..most of the residents are eather dependants, retired, or active duty Navy...or people who serve them...

Thanks Mr Mayor!
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I wish individuals in higher government positions would stand up and call out those who want to pass laws that go against our 2a rights like that mayor did. If every elected official understood their oath as well as he did this country might be a better place.
    airslot, ccw9mm and tcox4freedom like this.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

This hits pretty close to home. A member of the public with a CCW had asked if he were permitted to carry his weapon into chambers. (background: In CO some gov bldgs ban concealed carry. To do so they must screen at all entrances. EG: the Capitol, however they don't check the elected officials. Talk about a double standard)

Back to it,
    The city staff had no idea if it were allowed and forwarded that Q to the mayor. The mayor puts it onto our workshop to discuss the issue. We're a small town in Colorado not to dissimilar to Gig Harbor in size and people on council on both sides of the isle. What really surprised me about the video is they never took it to discussion prior to a vote. Most cities in the US follow Robert's Rules of Order. A motion, a second, discussion then a vote. Skip that discussion part and you'll have a lot of people making uneducated decisions and sometimes illegal ones. It's a great time to consult your city attorney instead of waiting until the council comments portion.

Our 2A discussion was a short one. A couple conversations prior to the meeting with my fellow council democrats brought them around to respecting the rights individuals have to carry. (yes you read that right, I lean left but also support 2A) I didn't mention to them that OC is allowed and I sure didn't want them to go down that road. Oh and the Mayor who put it on the agenda is a Republican. Party lines aren't cut in stone.

my first comment and I'm outing myself as a pinko lefty.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCO View Post
    This hits pretty close to home. A member of the public with a CCW had asked if he were permitted to carry his weapon into chambers. (background: In CO some gov bldgs ban concealed carry. To do so they must screen at all entrances. EG: the Capitol, however they don't check the elected officials. Talk about a double standard)

Back to it,
    The city staff had no idea if it were allowed and forwarded that Q to the mayor. The mayor puts it onto our workshop to discuss the issue. We're a small town in Colorado not to dissimilar to Gig Harbor in size and people on council on both sides of the isle. What really surprised me about the video is they never took it to discussion prior to a vote. Most cities in the US follow Robert's Rules of Order. A motion, a second, discussion then a vote. Skip that discussion part and you'll have a lot of people making uneducated decisions and sometimes illegal ones. It's a great time to consult your city attorney instead of waiting until the council comments portion.

Our 2A discussion was a short one. A couple conversations prior to the meeting with my fellow council democrats brought them around to respecting the rights individuals have to carry. (yes you read that right, I lean left but also support 2A) I didn't mention to them that OC is allowed and I sure didn't want them to go down that road. Oh and the Mayor who put it on the agenda is a Republican. Party lines aren't cut in stone.

my first comment and I'm outing myself as a pinko lefty.
    Being a Dem does not make anyone Pink or a Lefty! Both of my parents are confirmed Conservative Dems. It pains them to even say the "R" word. But neither of them are left leaning. DR

Re: VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

OUTSTANDING......finally a politician that understands and adheres to their oath of office.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Commonwealth of Virginia CCW
    SA XD .45 ACP 4" Service Model - Black
    Taurus Millennium Pro PT145
    Remington 798 .243 w/Leupold Scope
    Benelli M1 Tactical Special 12ga 18.5" open sight w/Muzzle Brake
    Mossberg - Maverick 88 12ga 18.5"

If anything, it goes to show that there are a lot of solid, constitution-supporting politicians in blue Washington, once you get the heck out of Seattle and King County. If it wasn't for the huge population sway in the Puget Sound area, Washington would not be very darn blue at all. I live just north of Seattle and a large portion of the folks around where I live are irritated to no end by the granola politics of the city.
    jumpwing likes this.
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

The councilman that walked out should be ashamed of himself. That soldier risks his life defending the very rights that lowlife enjoys everyday. He owes that soldier an apology.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post

Go to 3:30 for the fun stuff but the whole 9 minutes is 2A gold.

Followup: Mayor has his full say in the local rag and rains heck on the Councilman:

Island Politics · Oak Harbor City Councilman Rick Almberg walks out of City Council meeting. He refuses to follow his oath by supporting the laws of the State of Washington and our Washington State Constitution.
    The most intelligent thing I have heard in a long time. Common sense goes a long way!
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links