VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen - Page 5

VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Outstanding representation by the Mayor. Finally, an elected official that understands the limits of their elected position, and respects the rights of the citizen. Darn ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

VIP Member
    Outstanding representation by the Mayor. Finally, an elected official that understands the limits of their elected position, and respects the rights of the citizen. Darn few like him.

VIP Member
    VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

^^^^^^^^^^Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Eh, hem,...

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and suggest that perhaps, just maybe the council wom, er councilman spilled his water on his skirt,

What a clodhopper.
    Thats one city council that is probably more productive with twinkletoes absent, than when he's there.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Sent my congratulations and thanks to the Mayor. Even though I live in Seattle, I'd support him!

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    My guess is the councilman would be doing the same exact thing if there was ever a time when citizens had it thrust upon them to defend this nation/constitution.

Sneaking out the back door...
    Bark'n and Snub44 like this.

Thats what I'm talikn about, Thank you Mayor Dudley!

Email him and tell him Thanks! ......... I did.

Contact Information:
    Mayor Scott Dudley
    360-279-4502 Office
    360-279-4507 Fax
    mayor@oakharbor.org

My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Hats off the mayor and the others that voted his amendment down....

I did notice that many of the citizens appeared to have left with the councilmen.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

The late Tip O'Neill was fond of repeating that "all politics is local."

Here we have a perfect example of how it representative government should work. Not all legislative bodies will be as receptive as the Oak Harbor Mayor and Council, but this is where it starts, folks. Great oaks from little acorns, you know (and no, not ACORN).
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Thank God for a real American leader. I am deeply impressed! I was begining to think there were none left.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    I saw this video a few days ago (a friend sent me the link) and I sent the Mayor an email. Elected officials who have their head screwed on straight need support even if you aren't in their voting district. It's very encouraging to get positive feedback for doing the right thing, even for a politician.

Mr. Mayor,

I recently saw a video clip of a Council meeting presided over by you. This was a short clip (about nine minutes) from Jan 15th and did not show enough to identify what the purpose of the meeting was, but it was open to the public and the public had been invited to address the Council.

One person, Louis Yonkman (sp?), spoke politely in defense of the Second Amendment and identified himself as a wounded veteran and a civilian professional who carries a firearm in defense of others. One of the Council members inquired as to whether Mr. Yonkman was armed at that moment and subsequently made a motion to have the man removed until he was disarmed. Sadly, this motion was seconded but, fortunately it was also denied after a quick vote.

I want to commend you for your handling of the situation, your recognition of the oath you took, for reminding the public and the Council of that oath and its seriousness, and your presence of mind in consulting the city's attorney and having him state for the record that, had the motion passed, it would have been unenforceable in Washington state. You acted correctly, in good faith, and with integrity.

I am not a resident of Oak Harbor (I live in nearby XXXXX) but I am a U.S. Army veteran and I continue to respect the oath I took when I joined 20+ years ago. I don't know anything about your policies or plans for Oak Harbor, but if you are grounded in respect for the Constitution as indicated in this event, then I think the residents of that city will benefit from your leadership.
    Bark'n and DaveInEdmonds like this.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Sent e-mail to Mayor Dudley thanking him for his support given to a resident and for his support of our rights.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I'm currently working on this and will write about it Thursday. I'll post a link.

Thanks so much for sharing this! We all know we are on the side of the Constitution of the United States of America as that mayor is. He did not have to follow up with his explanation of the oath of their office. He was right for calling out the two individuals for attempting to do just the opposite. I have personally felt "beat down" by the media, politicians and civilians for expecting and demanding that our rights not be taken away. This video is up lifting to me and I will keep fighting the good fight for our country as so many have and continue to.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Sent my thanks/congratulations as well.

Now there's a politician I could support! Eloquent, but not in a mesmerizing, Hollywood way; just a simple man going about the people's business, keeping his eye on guiding principles rather than emotions and popular causes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    I'm currently working on this and will write about it Thursday. I'll post a link.
    As promised

Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope

The mayor of Oak Harbor, Wash. has revealed to Examiner that he will revive a discussion about the city’s illegal prohibition on firearms in city parks at a Feb. 5 city council meeting...

Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

I have to say the mayor gave a very good interview and I wish I could have completely transcribed it. But he ended up chatting with SAF's Alan Gottlieb and I believe the two are on the same page.
    jumpwing likes this.

...Thanks!!! nice to read someone in the press who thinks AND writes...please stay with this till the tar and feathering's done!!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links