VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen - Page 6

VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DaveWorkman As promised Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope The mayor of Oak Harbor, Wash. has revealed to ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWorkman View Post
    As promised

Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope

The mayor of Oak Harbor, Wash. has revealed to Examiner that he will revive a discussion about the city’s illegal prohibition on firearms in city parks at a Feb. 5 city council meeting...

Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

I have to say the mayor gave a very good interview and I wish I could have completely transcribed it. But he ended up chatting with SAF's Alan Gottlieb and I believe the two are on the same page.

Well done, Dave! Nice write-up. Sock it to 'em.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Timeline of Video

Several people have commented about the number of people in attendance at the beginning of the video and at the end. The video was edited as the length of the meeting was nearly 2 hours and most of the citizens left after the public comments portion of the meeting.
    I am proud of the Mayor and a proud military member of Oak Harbor. I wish I had a picture of my shipmates lined up outside the Police Department to apply for their CPL last week.
    darbo likes this.

Nicely done Mr. Mayor!

As promised

Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope

The mayor of Oak Harbor, Wash. has revealed to Examiner that he will revive a discussion about the city’s illegal prohibition on firearms in city parks at a Feb. 5 city council meeting...

Gun rights battle puts small Washington city under national microscope - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

I have to say the mayor gave a very good interview and I wish I could have completely transcribed it. But he ended up chatting with SAF's Alan Gottlieb and I believe the two are on the same page.
    Good write-up, Dave. Thanks for posting the link here. It's great to see this in the national spotlight (or microscope, as you put it). I've got a lot of respect for Mayor Dudley--keep it up Mr. Mayor!

Dave, nice plug for Defensive Carry in the article.

Good work Mr. Workman! (pun intended)
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Please allow me my Beavis and/or Butthead moment - the interim city attorney's name is Grant Weed. Hehheheh heheh...

It's too bad that the *a-hem* esteemed councilman didn't stick around for the lawyer's interpretation of his woeful motion. I hope his constituents are as bothered as we are with his behavior and bounce his behind next election.

Quote Originally Posted by WHDBGUY View Post
    Several people have commented about the number of people in attendance at the beginning of the video and at the end. The video was edited as the length of the meeting was nearly 2 hours and most of the citizens left after the public comments portion of the meeting.
    I am proud of the Mayor and a proud military member of Oak Harbor. I wish I had a picture of my shipmates lined up outside the Police Department to apply for their CPL last week.
    And here I thought that they were so scared by the gentleman's admission that he was carrying that they took their chairs and ran!
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

I confess I didn't read all the pages of this, so maybe it was addressed before.

But I participate regularly in my city government - because the rules are made by those who show up, and that is true.

Which brings me to the point of this council. Besides the 2nd Amendment issue there were multiple violations of procedure or at least in the two states I live.

One, the council can't make rules of procedure which affect the public without a full hearing. They can't make a new law up without input from the city attorney and without noticing the public and holding a public comment period, hearing, etc. Usually laws require two hearings, but not always. Third this motion was presented during the public comment period, a period in which the council generally must restrict rebuttal to the specific issue of the speaker, not to start a new line of discussion and certainly not a policy change or new law.

Normally, the councilman would state to the council during his report time that he wished staff to investigate a new ordinance. Then the procedure would follow the normal channels toward a new law - with the same result, so at least he showed what a jerk he was an saved the city a bunch of drama.
    jumpwing likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Dave, nice plug for Defensive Carry in the article.

Good work Mr. Workman! (pun intended)
    Well, there is a reason for that. I am generally impressed with the high caliber (pun intended) of the discourse here.

This thread, and the one I started about cops being exempt from gun laws, had every opportunity to get nasty at the get-go, but there has been some intelligent, and a little tongue-in-cheek, and some very pointed discussion. That's good and healthy. As a journalist, it provides me with good background, and a fairly understandable look at diverse thinking in the gun community.

I write this stuff for an audience that has functional gray matter. Contrary to the popular depiction, gun people are not knuckle-dragging dunces as a general rule.

I appreciate the following I've developed here.

Re: VIDEO: Councilman wets his diaper over lawful armed citizen

Good to see that most of the people in the chamber had some sense. Kudos to the mayor as well for addressing the issue.

Sent from my phone using Dumb Thumbs

Gloves come off in SAF dispute with Oak Harbor

The Los Angeles Times is now looking into the potentially explosive gun rights dispute in Oak Harbor, Examiner has learned.

Gloves come off in SAF dispute with Oak Harbor - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

Gloves come off in SAF dispute with Oak Harbor

The Los Angeles Times is now looking into the potentially explosive gun rights dispute in Oak Harbor, Examiner has learned.

Gloves come off in SAF dispute with Oak Harbor - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com
    Great article. Oak Harbor is going to be toast! Pre-emption being upheld twice in court and the Supreme Court refuses to hear the appeal?

What is that twinkie Councilman thinking? Obviously, he's a legend in his own mind.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Great article. Oak Harbor is going to be toast! What is that twinkie Councilman thinking?
    He's thinking he's superior to those who hired him to assist them in an administrative task. He's thinking badly. He's thinking like a lord over subjects. The people are thinking correctly: that he is everything he appears to be, in this regard.

"Toast." That's about right. And the sooner the offending "slices" are burned to a crisp, the better for the people in that town.

Same could be said for the other folks attempting to lord it over the People, the anti-gunner hirelings in congress who are daring to force us all into bondage for the criminals they think we ought to be.

Good job Mayor. Then he publicly spanked them both. I wish we had more camera time on the anti that stayed to see his reaction to the public flogging.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Good job Mayor. Then he publicly spanked them both. I wish we had more camera time on the anti that stayed to see his reaction to the public flogging.
    I wonder if there are some rules on procedure in that city council, or state statutes, that address getting caught oath breaking. It would be nice if there were some teeth in the rules/laws that allowed such folks to be strung up by the toes in a practical way. Though, one would think the mere fact the oath to not violate the Constitution and laws would be sufficient, on its own.

Go get 'em, SAF. Knock them hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I wonder if there are some rules on procedure in that city council, or state statutes, that address getting caught oath breaking. It would be nice if there were some teeth in the rules/laws that allowed such folks to be strung up by the toes in a practical way. Though, one would think the mere fact the oath to not violate the Constitution and laws would be sufficient, on its own.

Go get 'em, SAF. Knock them hard.
    Look up "malfeasance"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Sponsored Links