Defensive Carry banner

Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

5K views 71 replies 40 participants last post by  DamYanky 
#1 ·
#31 ·
While this is great to see and I have no reason to doubt the earnestness of their claim, "saying and doing" are two different things. One hopes they are never called on to prove it.

#33 ·
I am grateful for the position of the Utah Sheriffs Association and for the will they have to oppose the unconstitutional actions of the POTUS. I am proud to be a LEO in this great state of Utah and will stand with the Sheriffs against the power grab of the Feds. Every Deputy, Officer and Trooper I've spoken with here feels the same way too.

NOT IN OUR STATE!!

#34 ·
Just an observation and strong opinion resulting from an ill fitting tin foil hat I guess, but...

I notice the vast majority of liberal / progressive politicians are self centered and never served in our armed forces by choice or a medical reason that no longer affects them. And by words or actions, have at one time or another disparaged or neglected our troops.

As a collective group and by percentage of income, charitable contributions are far less than the average American.

As individuals and a group they tend to think of themselves as the elite and great thinkers.

They tend to shed and shift responsibility to others for their own failures, and spin facts to suit their personal agenda's.

They are basically cowards and depend on others for their security and have probably ran away from every bully and fist fight in school.

Logic, reasoning, critical thinking and what has worked well for about 230 years is to be changed and adapted to one world thinking.

The general view of conservative thinking and platform (well, should be anyway) is conserve our Constitution, Bill of Rights, our way of life and principals and morals that made this nation great.

The liberal / progressive view is 180 degrees opposite.

#39 ·
The scary part is now thet Obama has unilaterally declared (exempting himself from any legal process) he can kill US Citizens that are deemed a "threat" to the US with no evidence or immediate threat (and no geographic limit defined), what is to stop him from ordering these people "taken out." This memo released today also says they have no accountability to announce that they have done this or to whom. It makes you wonder if this is what happened to some of these people that have been mysteriously getting knocked off lately. We will never know since they have no accountability.

#40 ·
If you become a threat to the administration, DHS will declare you to be a terrorist & Obama can have you killed on site. Welcome to Hitler's Germany, Stalin's Russia. Mao's China, etc.

#41 ·
I've been on this topic of Sheriffs sworn oaths for a while collecting info and was lucky enough to find some stuff I posted.. Not plugging my blog just the info I posted because it shows a definite problem with federal, state and local law enforcement and their oaths. Personally I believe most are just pandering to media for good press.. when tshtf they will go with their training but for a few. I hope I'm wrong. but..
Look this over and ask your own LEO's what they think, look up your own state constitution and find the conflicts of interest built in.. then recite the oath and see what it feels like.. then go out and train harder.

a-contradiction-in-rights

Yank lll

#53 ·
My intent is not to piss everyone off, its to get people to think beyond their preconceived notins that usually prove to be false.
Since this topic is about Utah Sheriff's compare the Utah Constitution to the 2nd Amendment.. are they in conflict about rights ? If so where does the oath put the loyalty of the SO's.. ? As sworn and elected officials they are bound by that oath but to hwhm ?

#57 ·
Yanky,
You could have combined about your last five posts into one. If you have another thought after you've already posted something use the edit button. And, you can put more than one quote from different users in a post. Chill on upping your post count.

Reactions: 1MoreGoodGuy
#58 ·
Well Crowbait,
I will consider that next time however I'm an old hand on forums having come from usenet and other boards and I completely understand the impossibility of communicating via text without a direct connection in replying. My "posting count "dont mean nuthin" nor does my standing in the forum listings. My sole purpose is to elicit intelligent accurate discussion and remove the fog of assumptions and propaganda.
Liberty
DamYanky lll

#59 ·
Members can post however they want to post. One thought or quote per post or many. We have no forum rule regarding thought or quote numbers per post. Just FYI.
Let us not invent a problem where there really isn't one.

#66 ·
As is your right to question.. I think you will be hard pressed to find any actual "data" resulting from surveys or documented research however there was one reported back some 40 odd years, post Nam, at Bragg in the SF community but I've never heard of one the feds wanted published ..for public release anyways. Like I said, this whole thing about oaths has been an interesting concept for me and finding the conflict of interest already built into the Florida Constitution automatically violating the 2nd Amendment made me wonder if others knew about the potential for conflict in their own states. I just found this post while browsing.
Does your state constitution violate the 2nd ?

#67 ·
Look all;
My intention wasn't to upset your apple cart here or request instructions on etiquette, just bein' neighborly considering we all have a dog in this fight.. but standing down isn't my nature. You don't have to believe me or accept me, just think about what I said and look at your state constitution and compare it, that's all. If you do you'll develop your own questions. Thats what this topic was all about, wasn't it ?
Sorry for the bother.

DamYanky
Liberty

#69 ·
I have a piece of data: Approximately 100% of the law enforcement and National Guard that were ordered (unlawfully) to confiscate firearms from residents after Katrina did so.

I wasn't there but, what was reported on the Nat News here was that much of local law enforcement jumped ship during Katrina - did not report for work and tended to their own families.

I do remember that having been reported.

#71 ·
I have a piece of data: Approximately 100% of the law enforcement and National Guard that were ordered (unlawfully) to confiscate firearms from residents after Katrina did so.

I wasn't there but, what was reported on the Nat News here was that much of local law enforcement jumped ship during Katrina - did not report for work and tended to their own families.

I do remember that having been reported.
IMO: Good for them. My family comes FIRST in that situation as well.

#70 ·
I love how no liberals point to the legalization of marijuana in the states of Colorado and Washington as clearly defying federal law. Yet, there is no mass action to address - unlike the need to defy our 2A rights and force states to accept a federal mandate. Why haven't gun advocates on the national media point to the legalization of marijuana as precedent?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.