Defensive Carry banner

Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

5K views 71 replies 40 participants last post by  DamYanky 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I'm not saying all these Sheriff's are Mormon, and that doesn't even matter. But I know several Mormons here in KY, and they are prepared. I mean PREPARED! I have seen their literature, and have even seen one individual Mormon mans/family list. They WILL NOT be giving up anything, trust me.

#9 ·
Pretty bold move for a law enforcement group. I hope the idea catches on. The more vocal the opposition to these proposed restrictions, the better.

#12 ·
Three sheriffs in S.C.,publicly said saturday,that taking away guns wouldn't help.They also said,they wouldn't enforce any federal laws,passed by Obama.The sheriffs said,there jobs were city and county,not federal.One did send a letter to the AG,to find out,what he had to do, so far as federal laws,and sheriffs were concerned.He said he was keeping his aw,and he didn't think anyone else should have to give theirs up.A member of the house of rep,said instead of adding more laws,get more strict with what we have.

#13 ·
Here's a thought. IF at some point Feds actually try to confiscate weapons and have to shoot civilians, how will that play in the media? I would say the media would play it as if, the civilians were 'gun nuts.' But what if a bunch of Sheriff's start getting taken out-what could the media say to that?

#16 ·
I like that article. I would move there right now if it were possible.

#17 ·
Obama has got this Country close to exploding into a civil war. I have no doubt that if this government tries to ban and confiscate Americans guns, all hell will break loose. Amazing.

#19 ·
Interesting.

A portion of the U.S. is possibly prepared for the fight of their respective lives and the greater portion of the country is sitting around watching Honey Boo Boo and Figure Skating and has absolutely no inkling that anybody in their own country is even the slightest bit upset over anything.

And we are living in The Information Age???

#21 ·
A portion of the U.S. is possibly prepared for the fight of their respective lives and the greater portion of the country is sitting around watching Honey Boo Boo and Figure Skating and has absolutely no inkling that anybody in their own country is even the slightest bit upset over anything.
I figure its never been any different at any point in time. At least 80 percent of this country is clueless...about the same ratio of clueless maintained throughout the history of civilization.

#22 ·
I dont think youll see Wacos all over the place. The whole premise is different and a few NG tanks rolling up on a states amasssed sheriffs and deputys will bring the Feds down like a house of cards. Even Waco had them back peddling like crazy and that was over a small compound of folks that a lot people considered a cult.
Sheriffs and entire state governments standing up to the Feds to the point of violence is another can of worms. One the Feds cant survive nor I think will push to that point.

#23 ·
A good number of folks, at least 47 percent, are self absorbed and wrapped up in their own selfish interest with no regard for the common good or contributing to society in any way. They are the takers, expecting everyone to provide for them.

Little surprise LE is beginning to push back. Obama does not respect the supreme law of the land or its lessor laws. Little wonder LE would be in opposition to committing crimes against citizenry.

Reactions: FLGuy
#24 ·
It's good to see folks stand up for our rights...I wonder how the president will react to this. He is after all one the most powerful individuals on earth... Maybe I am being too naive but I wonder how the government can knowingly pass laws that our against the constitution. For the sake of the country, I hope things don't go that far.

#27 ·
The amazing thing is that the left just does not see how far apart Obama and his policies are pushing apart this country. Never before, except the Civil War, has there be outright states going "not in our state" to the Fed the way it is now... And yet, they still don't learn and still press on with their idiotic ways.

#28 ·
Someone said something about National Guard tanks rolling in....as a member of the United States Army, I can say, unequivocally, that I would NOT open fire on American citizens. I am CERTAIN that I am not the only career Infantryman that feels that way. I pray to God Almighty that I am not in the minority in my sentiment.

#29 ·
Harper's Magazine had a great article on whether a Coup would be possible in the United States. I wish I could link it, but it is a pay for article now.

One of the things the generals on the panel of experts being interviewed mention is that even if you seized control of the White House and the Pentagon, the junior officers and enlisted personnel would never go along with suppressing the massive opposition the American people would present. They make note that nevermind attempting to control the whole country or Texas, could you even hold Idaho? The military experts believe it would be a massive undertaking to just take and hold Idaho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.