Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

This is a discussion on Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While this is great to see and I have no reason to doubt the earnestness of their claim, "saying and doing" are two different things. ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

While this is great to see and I have no reason to doubt the earnestness of their claim, "saying and doing" are two different things. One hopes they are never called on to prove it.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

2. Remove Ads

What I need to see before I get confidence is a state stand and either tell them they will not recognize any interpretation of the constitution, which is unconstitutional, or they secede from the us with or without permission and make a stand

VIP Member
    I am grateful for the position of the Utah Sheriffs Association and for the will they have to oppose the unconstitutional actions of the POTUS. I am proud to be a LEO in this great state of Utah and will stand with the Sheriffs against the power grab of the Feds. Every Deputy, Officer and Trooper I've spoken with here feels the same way too.

NOT IN OUR STATE!!
    3wggl, 8th ID, K9Buck and 6 others like this.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Just an observation and strong opinion resulting from an ill fitting tin foil hat I guess, but...

I notice the vast majority of liberal / progressive politicians are self centered and never served in our armed forces by choice or a medical reason that no longer affects them. And by words or actions, have at one time or another disparaged or neglected our troops.

As a collective group and by percentage of income, charitable contributions are far less than the average American.

As individuals and a group they tend to think of themselves as the elite and great thinkers.

They tend to shed and shift responsibility to others for their own failures, and spin facts to suit their personal agenda's.

They are basically cowards and depend on others for their security and have probably ran away from every bully and fist fight in school.

Logic, reasoning, critical thinking and what has worked well for about 230 years is to be changed and adapted to one world thinking.

The general view of conservative thinking and platform (well, should be anyway) is conserve our Constitution, Bill of Rights, our way of life and principals and morals that made this nation great.

The liberal / progressive view is 180 degrees opposite.
    Crowbait and Thompsonian like this.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I am grateful for the position of the Utah Sheriffs Association and for the will they have to oppose the unconstitutional actions of the POTUS. I am proud to be a LEO in this great state of Utah and will stand with the Sheriffs against the power grab of the Feds. Every Deputy, Officer and Trooper I've spoken with here feels the same way too.

NOT IN OUR STATE!!
    I have the impression that, if the feds passed some sort of a "gun-grab" act, there wouldn't be any LE willing to enforce it! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by relentless View Post
    nevermind attempting to control the whole country or Texas, could you even hold Idaho? The military experts believe it would be a massive undertaking to just take and hold Idaho.
    The military had the devil's own time merely subduing Iraq, a country about the size of California. Now think about what it would take to subdue an entire continent.

Quote Originally Posted by Naufragia View Post
    The military had the devil's own time merely subduing Iraq, a country about the size of California. Now think about what it would take to subdue an entire continent.
    There would be mutiny, perhaps a second civil war. That is, if they could find any LE willing to knock on doors to collect the guns. I don't think they can.

Re: Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    You have a sheriff and some deputies. Usually not a lot of people. But, sheriff's can deputize a posse and then you could have multi-thousands of armed personnel under the authority of the sheriff - in just one county.
    This is an elegant idea....count me in.

Nothing would make me happier than giving the current administration the "You"re number one sign". :D
    Thompsonian likes this.

The scary part is now thet Obama has unilaterally declared (exempting himself from any legal process) he can kill US Citizens that are deemed a "threat" to the US with no evidence or immediate threat (and no geographic limit defined), what is to stop him from ordering these people "taken out." This memo released today also says they have no accountability to announce that they have done this or to whom. It makes you wonder if this is what happened to some of these people that have been mysteriously getting knocked off lately. We will never know since they have no accountability.
    Pistology likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    The scary part is now thet Obama has unilaterally declared (exempting himself from any legal process) he can kill US Citizens that are deemed a "threat" to the US with no evidence or immediate threat (and no geographic limit defined), what is to stop him from ordering these people "taken out." This memo released today also says they have no accountability to announce that they have done this or to whom. It makes you wonder if this is what happened to some of these people that have been mysteriously getting knocked off lately. We will never know since they have no accountability.
    If you become a threat to the administration, DHS will declare you to be a terrorist & Obama can have you killed on site. Welcome to Hitler's Germany, Stalin's Russia. Mao's China, etc.
    Ten Bears: It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men.

I've been on this topic of Sheriffs sworn oaths for a while collecting info and was lucky enough to find some stuff I posted.. Not plugging my blog just the info I posted because it shows a definite problem with federal, state and local law enforcement and their oaths. Personally I believe most are just pandering to media for good press.. when tshtf they will go with their training but for a few. I hope I'm wrong. but..
    Look this over and ask your own LEO's what they think, look up your own state constitution and find the conflicts of interest built in.. then recite the oath and see what it feels like.. then go out and train harder.

a-contradiction-in-rights

Yank lll

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    If you become a threat to the administration, DHS will declare you to be a terrorist & Obama can have you killed on site. Welcome to Hitler's Germany, Stalin's Russia. Mao's China, etc.
    You are already a threat.. you have the means to resist their illegal authority. You are already on their list, believe it.

Yank lll

Quote Originally Posted by K9Buck View Post
    I have the impression that, if the feds passed some sort of a "gun-grab" act, there wouldn't be any LE willing to enforce it! lol!
    Come on.. think this through.. do you really eeexpect all those unionized employees to give up their income, insurance and vacation plus sacrifice their pension to go rogue ? The number I estimate is probably closer to reality is more like 70-80% will comply with illegal orders

Quote Originally Posted by Naufragia View Post
    Too bad CONUS doesnt have the advantage of massive ordanance stored hidden all over the country, it might not be that easy.. how many civilians know how to defeat thermal sigs or lead a chopper etc..

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911srule View Post
    Its a relief to hear this from Law Enforcement. Lets hope it becomes widespread amongst them...
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more associations take this tack.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links