Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns - Page 5

Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

This is a discussion on Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by DamYanky I frequent numerous forums for LE and Feds among others. This topic has been my field of interest for many years ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Utah sheriffs warn Obama of deadly war over guns

Quote Originally Posted by DamYanky View Post
    I frequent numerous forums for LE and Feds among others. This topic has been my field of interest for many years (40) and I have been tracking the progress of the insurgent communists in America actively since the mid 80's when they called themselves progressive democrats and new democrats. I have no formal documentation other than what I know, as I said it was "my estimate".. but I believe it is more accurate than anyone's wishful thinking or media generated hero worship. You dont have to accept it but maybe my claims will elicit your own investigation into the concept of civil servant loyalty and who it belongs to.
    Thanks. I got it. You have no data and your numbers were just a guess based on what you think you know.

Your guess could be inaccurate information or a lucky guess but since you are unwilling to cite data to backup your claim, I'll choose not to accept it.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by DamYanky View Post
    Well Crowbait,
    I will consider that next time however I'm an old hand on forums having come from usenet and other boards and I completely understand the impossibility of communicating via text without a direct connection in replying. My "posting count "dont mean nuthin" nor does my standing in the forum listings. My sole purpose is to elicit intelligent accurate discussion and remove the fog of assumptions and propaganda.
    Liberty
    DamYanky lll
    You'd think an "old hand" would have better etiquette.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Members can post however they want to post. One thought or quote per post or many. We have no forum rule regarding thought or quote numbers per post. Just FYI.
    Let us not invent a problem where there really isn't one.
    Roger that. I'll leave it alone from here on out. My apologies to all.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Administrator

Thumbs up

No Problem. Stay Safe.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    Yanky,
    You could have combined about your last five posts into one. If you have another thought after you've already posted something use the edit button. And, you can put more than one quote from different users in a post. Chill on upping your post count.
    I was thinking rule #7 too but then I thought that he was probably just trying to keep up with an active thread. It happens to me some times...I post something in response to one person and then I immediately post something in response to someone else's post and then another one and then all of a sudden I have three or four posts in a row. It happens.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Chopper??? Do they taste like duck???

Ya them back woods boys know how to lead a flying object!
    "I never played the game, myself". - Howard Cosell
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

As is your right to question.. I think you will be hard pressed to find any actual "data" resulting from surveys or documented research however there was one reported back some 40 odd years, post Nam, at Bragg in the SF community but I've never heard of one the feds wanted published ..for public release anyways. Like I said, this whole thing about oaths has been an interesting concept for me and finding the conflict of interest already built into the Florida Constitution automatically violating the 2nd Amendment made me wonder if others knew about the potential for conflict in their own states. I just found this post while browsing.
    Does your state constitution violate the 2nd ?

Look all;
    My intention wasn't to upset your apple cart here or request instructions on etiquette, just bein' neighborly considering we all have a dog in this fight.. but standing down isn't my nature. You don't have to believe me or accept me, just think about what I said and look at your state constitution and compare it, that's all. If you do you'll develop your own questions. Thats what this topic was all about, wasn't it ?
    Sorry for the bother.

DamYanky
    Liberty

Originally Posted by DamYanky

Come on.. think this through.. do you really eeexpect all those unionized employees to give up their income, insurance and vacation plus sacrifice their pension to go rogue ? The number I estimate is probably closer to reality is more like 70-80% will comply with illegal orde
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Exactly how are you compiling your data to arrive at your estimate of 70-80%? Please cite your data or call it what it is...a random guess based on no actual evidence.
    I have a piece of data: Approximately 100% of the law enforcement and National Guard that were ordered (unlawfully) to confiscate firearms from residents after Katrina did so. There were very few that I heard of that objected (one NG unit from Utah is the only group/person that I have heard of that objected).

Don't take this as a dig against LEOs. I know a number of LEOs and all that I know would not confiscate. But I'm not sure that my friends/acquaintences/member of this forum are a represntative sample.

Administrator
    I have a piece of data: Approximately 100% of the law enforcement and National Guard that were ordered (unlawfully) to confiscate firearms from residents after Katrina did so.

I wasn't there but, what was reported on the Nat News here was that much of local law enforcement jumped ship during Katrina - did not report for work and tended to their own families.

I do remember that having been reported.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I love how no liberals point to the legalization of marijuana in the states of Colorado and Washington as clearly defying federal law. Yet, there is no mass action to address - unlike the need to defy our 2A rights and force states to accept a federal mandate. Why haven't gun advocates on the national media point to the legalization of marijuana as precedent?

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I have a piece of data: Approximately 100% of the law enforcement and National Guard that were ordered (unlawfully) to confiscate firearms from residents after Katrina did so.

I wasn't there but, what was reported on the Nat News here was that much of local law enforcement jumped ship during Katrina - did not report for work and tended to their own families.

I do remember that having been reported.
    IMO: Good for them. My family comes FIRST in that situation as well.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by ElkSniper View Post
    I have a piece of data: Approximately 100% of the law enforcement and National Guard that were ordered (unlawfully) to confiscate firearms from residents after Katrina did so. There were very few that I heard of that objected (one NG unit from Utah is the only group/person that I have heard of that objected).

Don't take this as a dig against LEOs. I know a number of LEOs and all that I know would not confiscate. But I'm not sure that my friends/acquaintences/member of this forum are a represntative sample.
    Exactly.. and members of the Oklahoma NG had no problem disarming citizens on camera either. The video is out there.. search "OK NG Katrina"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links