Florida: Sen. Bill Nelson's Reply to AWB

This is a discussion on Florida: Sen. Bill Nelson's Reply to AWB within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I sent the following email to Senator Nelson: Senator Nelson, It has been brought to my attention that your office issued the following email: ~~~~~~~ ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By tcpip95
  • 1 Post By GunGeezer
  • 1 Post By Bill340
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By sigs
  • 1 Post By TX expat

Thread: Florida: Sen. Bill Nelson's Reply to AWB

I sent the following email to Senator Nelson:

Senator Nelson,

It has been brought to my attention that your office issued the following email:

~~~~~~~
    Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns. I support the Second Amendment. But when assault rifles are used to kill children, it's time for America to act.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind in the days ahead as the Senate debates gun control issues. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson

~~~~~~~
    I need to understand why you would go against the will of your constituency when your own poll shows overwhelmingly support AGAINST re-instating the 2004 assault weapons ban:

Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Home

11.59% FAVOR reinstating the ban
    88.22% OPPOSE reinstating the ban
    76,158 total votes

Sir, you represent the people of the State of Florida. It is your duty - indeed your obligation - to represent our will and desire. You were not sent to Washington to force your views upon us - you were sent their to represent us. By you ignoring the people you represent - particularly when the position of the people is OVERWHELMINGLY opposed to yours - you are demonstrating that you are out of touch with the people you represent.

The 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. It is the vehicle for ensuring that the people have a capability to fight back against tyranny. You took an oath - as have I - to support, uphold, and defend the Constitution of the United States. When you ignore the Constitution, you are turning your back against that oath.

Unless you change your position and OPPOSE reinstating the ban, I will do everything in my power to ensure you are voted out of office at the next election.

Sincerely,

2. Remove Ads

They all have that SAME sentence.

"I support the 2nd Amendment, BUT......"

Maybe it will soon be time for the 88% to vote in their own interest...
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

I had hoped Nelson's support of Obumer Care would seal his fate, but he got reelected in November. He's not up for election for another 6 years. He will do whatever his Democratic masters tell him. They'll get what they want out of the Senate. The House needs to hold the line.

Boom! Nailed it! I hope he listens to you, we all need to make sure our representatives are supporting our wishes, not enforcing their own. I applaud you sir for making sure your official is representing the people, not himself.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Nelson could care less that he won't get re elected in 6 years. He will be 100 yrs. old and way over due to retire on his fat pension with elitist benefits. He should never have been re elected.
    rigel42 likes this.

TC, you write a good letter, job well done!
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Well at least you have gotten a response albeit not a great one. I have yet to receive any at all. Nice letter also you wrote.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

I noticed Ovomit took an oath again and swore to up hold the constitution of the united states, wonder what that means tis term, meant nothing last one...
    rayporsche likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill340 View Post
    I noticed Ovomit took an oath again and swore to up hold the constitution of the united states, wonder what that means tis term, meant nothing last one...
    Didn't you hear him say he would wipe his hindquarters with the constitution on all matters, foreign & domestic...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Wonder what the results of a petition to remove him from office would be???

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    He's not there because of my vote, that's for sure.
    TX expat likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Good response from you. Too bad he could care less what his constituents want or what the Constitution says. I feel your pain. I am stuck in Corrine Brown's district and with Nelson being one of our senators, Sen. Marco Rubio is my only, outnumbered hope. I no longer waste time trying to communicate with the other two.
    GoldwingElf likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm an avid hunter but...

I support our Second Amendment but...

I'm a liar and a political shill and will do whatever my party tells me to.
    8th ID likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Bill Nelson: Career politician. My definition of most career politicians: parasite feeding off the taxpayers.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Good letter. Let's all keep the pressure on Senator Nelson to vote OUR will not his.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Links