Do You Live in Massachusetts?

This is a discussion on Do You Live in Massachusetts? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; As many of you may know Governor Deval Patrick will be attempting to pass legislation that will severely infringe upon our 2nd Amendment rights. I've ...

Thread: Do You Live in Massachusetts?

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

As many of you may know Governor Deval Patrick will be attempting to pass legislation that will severely infringe upon our 2nd Amendment rights. I've provided a link to an "Action Alert" from the Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) which is Massachusett's premiere organization that is working to protect our rights. Please read the notice and contact your state rep and senator to a) co-sponsor and sign GOAL's proposed legislation and b) to NOT sponsor or vote for Gov. Patrick's proposed legislation.

GOAL Call To Action

Thanks!
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

I live in Mass. Please don' t remind me. I have joined GOAL and used there links to contact my reps. Unfortunate, we live in the Commiewealth of Massachusetts so peoples rights don't matter here. Our governor knows what is best for us.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MACC12 View Post
    I live in Mass. Please don' t remind me. I have joined GOAL and used there links to contact my reps. Unfortunate, we live in the Commiewealth of Massachusetts so peoples rights don't matter here. Our governor knows what is best for us.
    Thank you for contacting your reps. Regrettably, I feel as you do that given the state of politics in MA we fight a very high uphill battle. This state is full of "feel good"legislation" and I am hopeful for the best, but preparing for the worst, in terms of future legislation. By the way, I've been a GOAL member for a while but recently bought some items from their store to support additional lobbying efforts.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

It is confusing why some law makers think by limiting what people can legally do, they will limit what criminals and maniacs do. Someone who decides they want to be a mass murderer will pay little attention to these stricter laws. I hope enough of us can stand up and make all understand that the better armed the good people are the more prepared we are against the bad people. It is getting ridiculous. This has been proven in many states such as Illinois where they don't allow law abiding citizens to be armed, whereas they have some of the highest violent crimes using guns.
    Former US Army SFC
    LTC-Class A HC: MA
    AG License: RI
    LTC: CT

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Send em the Utah Sheriffs Association link.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

I lived in MA for my entie life, 40 years. It wasn't until I traveled around the country and was able to compare what I thought was normal behavior, that I decided to get the heck out of there for good. The final straw was Deval Patrick being elected...I was gone soon after and have not been back in 6 years. It is a state full of tree huggers, liberals, cry babies, welfare cheats, and politicians that do whatever they want in the name of the common good, no matter how moronic.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by SFCDan View Post
    It is confusing why some law makers think by limiting what people can legally do, they will limit what criminals and maniacs do. Someone who decides they want to be a mass murderer will pay little attention to these stricter laws. I hope enough of us can stand up and make all understand that the better armed the good people are the more prepared we are against the bad people. It is getting ridiculous. This has been proven in many states such as Illinois where they don't allow law abiding citizens to be armed, whereas they have some of the highest violent crimes using guns.
    Simple they don't see it as you do. They have all the LEO protecting them they want or could ever need . They see no reason for you to ever have to protect your self ,Just ask them.

Another reason why I'm very happy that I moved out of MA to Florida, so much better.

You guys form MA, please don't be offended, but I'm so glad I don't live there (or NY for that matter).

I have said before that when a mass tragedy occurs people are looking for action, even if it's the wrong action. They want to feel like they are doing something, anything, to address the problem. This always comes down to guns control. It's never the effective answer of course, but it's the expedient thing to do.

We as a society all want to keep our people safe, especially our children, which of course is a noble goal. But we are always afraid of doing the hard, perhaps dirty work that will actually make a positive difference. Hopefully this time will be different. We're going to get our hands dirty on this one. Dealing with the issues of the mental ill and the professional criminals will not at all be easy. It will take time to sort it all out. People want quick decisive action, they don't want to have to really work for the results. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    I lived in MA for my entie life, 40 years. It wasn't until I traveled around the country and was able to compare what I thought was normal behavior, that I decided to get the heck out of there for good. The final straw was Deval Patrick being elected...I was gone soon after and have not been back in 6 years. It is a state full of tree huggers, liberals, cry babies, welfare cheats, and politicians that do whatever they want in the name of the common good, no matter how moronic.
    MBguy, Ironically, I grew up in SC and spent (and continue to) much time in the Myrtle Beach area. Now I live in Massachusetts. My folks are in Little River.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

For those who replied from Massachusetts, please send emails, letters, or place calls to your rep and senator. If you're not sure who they are, this link to GOAL can help.

To GOAL:
    Legislation Alert - Take Action!

Find your Legislator:
    Find a Legislator

Join GOAL or contribute now...it is time to act!

Be brief. Be specific. Be polite and respectful.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO

Sponsored Links