Guns on layaway still able to get them if ban passes?

This is a discussion on Guns on layaway still able to get them if ban passes? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I put two guns in layaway before the sandydhook incident occurred. Going to try to have them out before March. They are FN FNS pistols. ...

Thread: Guns on layaway still able to get them if ban passes?

Guns on layaway still able to get them if ban passes?

I put two guns in layaway before the sandydhook incident occurred. Going to try to have them out before March. They are FN FNS pistols. If a ban passes before I get them out am out of luck?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I would say yes if they are affected, because the transfer happens when you complete the sale. But the goverment can agree on much these days so I think you will be ok. good luch and stay safe!
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    If the paperwork hasn't been done, and an actual transfer completed you don't really own them and you will probably not be able to complete the transaction if those guns are ones that are banned.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member
    the chances of any legislation occurring before the end of march are pretty slim, but exacto is right... if a layaway gun were to be banned before the 4473 was processed, you would indeed be out of luck.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

FNS pistols would only be effected by a magazine ban. You should be able to get the pistols but instead of 17 round mags, they would probably be shipped with 10 round.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    I put two guns in layaway before the sandydhook incident occurred. Going to try to have them out before March. They are FN FNS pistols. If a ban passes before I get them out am out of luck?
    Short answer is yes, you would be out of luck. A sale is not complete until the actual transfer is made, which would be some time after you fill out the 4473 and pass the NICS check. That's when it becomes yours. If a ban is enacted that effects whatever firearm you are buying and it goes into effect before the firearm is transferred to you then you will not be able to buy it.

The layaway was done at a local gun shop and I have my ccdw. I don't know if the ccdw will help in the NICS check.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerfield View Post
    FNS pistols would only be effected by a magazine ban. You should be able to get the pistols but instead of 17 round mags, they would probably be shipped with 10 round.
    Or seven, or three, or one, depending.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

You won't get them, if you don't have them prior to a ban. That said, there will not be a ban, IMHO, so I don't think I'd worry about it. If you have any concerns, get em out early.

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

I had a gun on layaway awhile back and they told me once you make your initial payment, its locked in at that time no matter what laws are passed. Its good your went to a LGS. I placed a Glock on layaway online not long ago and when I went to pay it off, they told me they didnt have it. Got to watch online layaways. They take your money without having the gun in stock(even though they say it is in stock) thinking they can order it when its paid off. To me, thats illegal. Taking money for a product they dont even have and if someone cant make the payments but the end of the layaway program, the seller keeps all the money and never had the product to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplyte View Post
    The layaway was done at a local gun shop and I have my ccdw. I don't know if the ccdw will help in the NICS check.
    In WA state those of us who hold CC permits can take possession of new handguns once the 4473 is filled out and the firearm has been paid for.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links