A new litmus test for military leaders???

This is a discussion on A new litmus test for military leaders??? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: A new litmus test for military leaders???

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Non Issue other than to prove Obama is what he is. What a General orders and what our men a women in uniform that actually have control of the weapons will do are two different things. I for one have more faith in our service men and women than to believe other than a sniveling few would obey any such order given to enforce a President hoping to become a dictators unconstitutional unlawful order.
    Actually I think that would likely provoke the military to seriously consider arresting those giving those orders.

^^^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think those who are ruling the world will be suprised who will not follow their directive.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Re: This may be related to the Gun Control Push

Nope.

I'll say it if no one else will.

BALDERFLOP! BOGOSITY!

On the other hand, if the ImperialO starts growing a little black mustache, I will disavow any of the previous statements in this post.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I can't believe anyone intelligent enough to read would believe this crap. If anything like this was happening, you wouldn't be able to watch the news without seeing people leaking the story. For god's sake, don't you think Fox News would be all over this if there was anything to it? Don't let your distaste for the man override logic. As much as I didn't like George W. Bush, I wouldn't tolerate idiots insisting that he made it happen, for the same reason.

Merging threads.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gunslingergirl View Post
    All I know is that site threw up some pop-ups and a video that my browser couldn't block - that was enough to get me out of there and discount anything they say.
    I went to using Firefox as my browser a couple years ago. They have a great popup blocker. I was able to read the article without any problems at all.

Without any credible sources, I would say this article is suitable for the ol' circular file. However if sometime in the future it did come to pass, I have no doubt there would be some troops who would obey. Scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Isn't there something in the military code or somewhere that says they have to disobey an order that is illegal or will bring dishonor to the military or their squad. Something like that?

Now if they are a traitor and work with a terrorist group somewhere abroad and have been helping that group to kill our soldiers etc. I would say take em out even if they are a citizen, I don't know if that's the right course of action though. Is it a legal issue or just a moral one? Maybe they just want to attempt to give the traitorous person their chance in a court room?

Too many questions.
    But the question will be "what is a lawful order?" This is all hypothetical, but the President has a significant influence on laws.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I might as well start a thread that says JFK was shot by Big Foot and unkown government sources confirm it.
    Shhhhhh!!!!!

"I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    In case this hasn't been posted, it's worth a watch:

Obama to Top Brass: Will you fire on American Citizens? - YouTube

Draw your own conclusions.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    In case this hasn't been posted, it's worth a watch:

Obama to Top Brass: Will you fire on American Citizens? - YouTube

Draw your own conclusions.
    So,in the video the Dr gets this information from an unnamed retired high ranking person who will not reveal his name and who got it from another high ranking officer that "failed" the litmus test and resigned...hmmm....wouldn't a great American hero put his face, name, and reputation to the comments he made to make the story beleivable? I would if it was true. And what abuot the fellow that resigned after failing the litmus test. Why does not he come forward to the public? And not one out of numerous military officers will not come forward as whistle blowers. So we have two unnamed retired/resigned officers making this claim.

At about 5:53 the dood doctor talks about Yamamoto not wanting to invade the US because there is a gun behid every blade of grass. True, but if someone were to tell the truth and the whole truth gun ownership was way down on the list of reasons why Japan would not invade in the US. First and foremost it was not their original plan. Second, the logisitcs were overwhelming. And the battle of Midway which they lost totally scrapped the idea because they needed that area of the Pacific to assist in any possible invasion. Alos, the Japanese navy was very leary of any invasion for any reason whereas the Japanese army generals did not give a hoot.

This video makes the story more unbeleivable. I don;t give a hoot if he was a Nobel Prize nominee. It wasn't for political science. If the unamed source comes out and he names his source then it would have some meaning to it.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Not that I believe this story though it wouldnt surprize me either but thinking a couple of generals that failed the test would come forward is a bit naive. The biggest reason? Being high ranking generals they know the score. What would you expect the life expectancy of two to five generals to be if there was the slightest peep from one that this was actually going on???

Id give em about two hours myself.
    ksholder likes this.

VIP Member
    I would like better sourcing as well. While the article seems out there, we had a thread some time ago talking about how loosening the moral standards of the military was designed to get troops that would obey such orders. I have no doubt that if that order came a good many troops would comply.

As to this thread, the nay sayers are the usual suspects that, pre-November, were calling the rest of us nuts for saying O might try a gun grab ...
    SpringerXD, oneshot and Spirit51 like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    So,in the video the Dr gets this information from an unnamed retired high ranking person who will not reveal his name and who got it from another high ranking officer that "failed" the litmus test and resigned...hmmm....wouldn't a great American hero put his face, name, and reputation to the comments he made to make the story beleivable? I would if it was true. And what abuot the fellow that resigned after failing the litmus test. Why does not he come forward to the public? And not one out of numerous military officers will not come forward as whistle blowers. So we have two unnamed retired/resigned officers making this claim.

At about 5:53 the dood doctor talks about Yamamoto not wanting to invade the US because there is a gun behid every blade of grass. True, but if someone were to tell the truth and the whole truth gun ownership was way down on the list of reasons why Japan would not invade in the US. First and foremost it was not their original plan. Second, the logisitcs were overwhelming. And the battle of Midway which they lost totally scrapped the idea because they needed that area of the Pacific to assist in any possible invasion. Alos, the Japanese navy was very leary of any invasion for any reason whereas the Japanese army generals did not give a hoot.

This video makes the story more unbeleivable. I don;t give a hoot if he was a Nobel Prize nominee. It wasn't for political science. If the unamed source comes out and he names his source then it would have some meaning to it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Reply to bold above^^^^^^
    Only if they want to be found dead in a Park in Washington DC, or fall off a fishing boat in the middle of the Atlantic, slip off the edge of the Grand Canyon at night while sight-seeing with some new pals who drive black suburbans, or find themselves the victim of a random "drive by gang shooting" while seated at his favorite restaurant, while eating Linguini in clam sauce.
    Ghost1958 and Spirit51 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    I would like better sourcing as well. While the article seems out there, we had a thread some time ago talking about how loosening the moral standards of the military was designed to get troops that would obey such orders. .
    I would like to hear about the "loosening moral standards." When did this begin? After WWII? Vietnam?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links