Defensive Carry banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

A new litmus test for military leaders???

5K views 52 replies 35 participants last post by  suntzu 
#1 ·
#2 ·
From The article:

"Understand, this is not coming from Alex Jones or Jesse Ventura, or from anyone else the left often dismisses with great ease.

Garrow is a well-respected activist and has spent much of his life rescuing infant girls from China, babies who would be killed under that country's one-child policy. He was also nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for his work."

I looked at his Facebook page...he is a birther. Dismissed.

#3 ·
Military leaders that will or wont really isnt the question. The question is will the actual troops with the weapons do so if ordered too. I have enough respect for our men and women in Uniform to believe the great majority will not obey an obviously illegal order.

Reactions: ctr
#9 ·
Just why I ask myself do folks even read and furthermore post an article that is so inflammatory when there is no sources named. I mean, how many times do we go down this road, folks start getting into conspiracy theories, and the thread gets warped into who is wearing the most tinfoil.

I might as well start a thread that says JFK was shot by Big Foot and unkown government sources confirm it.

#10 ·
Oops, almost forgot this tid bit in the article:
He was also nominated for Nobel Peace Prize for his work.
Well, Obama actually got one! Stupid stupid stupid. Whoever wrote the article needs to brush up on debataing skills.

Reactions: Darrow75
#15 ·
If, and its a big if, this were true, I'd say there might be grounds for impeachment right there. Certainly explains the bizarre behavior of Obama. Perhaps he is mentally unstable. Who knows really.

Reactions: Spirit51
#17 ·
An acquaintance of mine is a Colonel in the active reserves. He has several rockpile and sandbox tours under his belt and he is an avid 2nd Amendment supporter and a serious gun owner.

We were talking about Obama (he can't stand Obama) the other day and I asked him the same question as the OP. "Would today's military fire on American civilians is ordered to do so". My friend hesitated and then said that the old guard (like him) would most likely disobey any such order and not fire on American civilians, but he also went on to say that many in the "New" Army (younger officers and enlisted) would probably shoot at Americans if ordered to do so. He claimed that younger soldiers don't seem to have the same societal standards he does. He is very disturbed by this and mentioned that many in the military are concerned as well.

I sure hope it never comes to that.

#19 ·
I still consult for DOD and spend much time with service members. I am not doubting your friend or his thoughts but my experience is that is hogwash as being the norm

#22 ·
This may be related to the Gun Control Push

Obama Reported to be Dismissing Military Leaders Who Will Not Fire on Civilians if Ordered
January 26, 2013 By Greg Campbell TPNN Contributor

Source: Obama Reported to be Dismissing Military Leaders Who Will Not Fire on Civilians if Ordered - TPNN | The Tea Party News Network

Summary
Garrow announced,
“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new ‘litmus test’ in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. ‘The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.’ Those who will not are being removed.”

Full Article
Noble Peace Prize nominee and humanitarian Dr. Jim Garrow is not known for outrageous accusations. Dedicated to his humanitarian work, he has not ventured into the spotlight for a moment other than to write a book about the trouble of China’s one-child policy. That has changed as he has recently divulged information he says he received from a former senior military leader in the Obama Administration.

Garrow announced,

“I have just been informed by a former senior military leader that Obama is using a new ‘litmus test’ in determining who will stay and who must go in his military leaders. Get ready to explode folks. ‘The new litmus test of leadership in the military is if they will fire on US citizens or not.’ Those who will not are being removed.”

Dr. Jim Garrow has spent the last 16 years rescuing baby girls from the harsh realities and near-certain death of China’s one-child-per-couple rule. From his efforts to raise awareness of the problem and his willingness to facilitate the adoption of these infants, it is estimated that he has saved 40,000 babies and has been considered for a Nobel Peace Prize. While he has not released who his source is, Garrow has maintained a pretty low profile and seems to not be associated with any fringe ideologies.

It is a bold accusation, but one that fits into a bigger picture. As America becomes, arguably, more and more polarized, states have discussed secession and state and county officials all across the country have publicly claimed that they will refuse to enforce executive orders that violate the Second Amendment.

Whether one agrees that America should be so polarized or not, the fact remains that this revelation comes at a time when America is deeply divided on a variety of issues ranging from gun rights to the basic question of how to solve any one of our fiscal crises. With such deep divides, the issue of secession has been discussed and people all across the country have expressed worry at a looming federal presence.

Added to the volatile mix of ideologies is the recent executive orders that were aimed at enacting gun control measures and the near-constant threat of outright bans on many firearms. Such speculation has fueled dissent and discussion amongst mainstream Americans as to how far the government ought to be allowed to go.

The Washington Free Beacon recently reported that the head of Central Command, Marine Corps Gen. James Mattis is being dismissed by President Obama and will leave his post in March. While unwilling to divulge the source, Garrow stated, “The man who told me this is one of America’s foremost military heroes.”

If what Garrow says is true, than this is sure to rouse anger and distrust from conservatives across the country who have accused the president of exceeding his authority on numerous occasions and have voiced concern over sweeping policies that are of dubious legalities. If Obama is preparing to stock his inner-circle with only those that will follow his orders beyond what should rightfully be expected from soldiers who have sworn to protect this nation, than America may see a turbulent four years.

The true irony of Obama’s presidency is that while reports such as the aforementioned have surfaced and as drone attacks continue across the globe and families mourn the loved ones lost as a result of the Justice Department’s flood of weapons to Mexican cartels, President Obama actually received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.

#23 ·
Isn't there something in the military code or somewhere that says they have to disobey an order that is illegal or will bring dishonor to the military or their squad. Something like that?

Now if they are a traitor and work with a terrorist group somewhere abroad and have been helping that group to kill our soldiers etc. I would say take em out even if they are a citizen, I don't know if that's the right course of action though. Is it a legal issue or just a moral one? Maybe they just want to attempt to give the traitorous person their chance in a court room?

Too many questions.

#25 ·
Non Issue other than to prove Obama is what he is. What a General orders and what our men a women in uniform that actually have control of the weapons will do are two different things. I for one have more faith in our service men and women than to believe other than a sniveling few would obey any such order given to enforce a President hoping to become a dictators unconstitutional unlawful order.
Actually I think that would likely provoke the military to seriously consider arresting those giving those orders.

#32 ·
Non Issue other than to prove Obama is what he is. What a General orders and what our men a women in uniform that actually have control of the weapons will do are two different things. I for one have more faith in our service men and women than to believe other than a sniveling few would obey any such order given to enforce a President hoping to become a dictators unconstitutional unlawful order.
Actually I think that would likely provoke the military to seriously consider arresting those giving those orders.

^^^^^^I'm in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think those who are ruling the world will be suprised who will not follow their directive.

#26 ·
I'd wait for another confirmation on this story before getting too worked up.

I have no doubt Obama would want to do something like this, but I think he is too smart to actually try it.

#27 ·
he has recently divulged information he says he received from a former senior military leader in the Obama Administration.
Its always anonymous information from someone in the administration isnt it? :rolleyes:

Sounds like a bunch of bravo sierra to me.

#28 ·
In a normal world, I would say this is absurd. But, we're not living in a normal world anymore. We're seeing the largest assault on our freedoms since pre-1776.

I've sent this to some friends (active duty and retired) to get their take.

#30 ·
I talked to an active duty army friend. He said that some of the gung-ho newbees might obey - they would be just following orders & trying to impress their seniors. He also thinks that the older, more senior people would refuse the order, but hard to tell. Confiscation schemes that might lead to shooting would probably not come first. There would be a disaster, or some major event that would allow the declaration of Marshall Law. It would then be escalated, "to protect the population" to confiscate guns. Then the shooting would begin.

Look what happened in Louisianan after Katrina. Some units obeyed and some outright told their commanders they would refuse any confiscation orders. That is confiscation vs shooting, but the point is, I personally believe the majority would balk.
But then nobody believed a lot of things that lead up to the Holocaust, Stalin's purges, etc.

I take it with a grain of salt also, but I will read & be wary, & hopefully be prepared.

Reactions: Bark'n
#33 ·
Re: This may be related to the Gun Control Push

Nope.

I'll say it if no one else will.

BALDERFLOP! BOGOSITY!

On the other hand, if the ImperialO starts growing a little black mustache, I will disavow any of the previous statements in this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.