Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb - Page 2

Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb

This is a discussion on Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't think the (OTHER)people will ge the idea of such boycot but I'm truely happy that they're doing it. I hope that any state ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb

I don't think the (OTHER)people will ge the idea of such boycot but I'm truely happy that they're doing it. I hope that any state that wishes to follow suit in getting themselves involved with firmer gun laws like new fake york and other states alike that those vendors pull out of any and all shows just like this one. it will hurt the city and states revanue eventually and when that happens all the taxes will go up and then everyone will get taxed higher and sooner or later people will put their foot down and tell the government to shove it so far up their butts that they'll need a excavating crew to come in and remove it. Just hope that they don't tax you more also to spend to money to remove it from their butts as well.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Take a look at their Facebook page, it is getting BOMBARDED.

https://www.facebook.com/EasternSports?filter=2
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Here is the note:

from Smith & Wesson® Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show®

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (January 22, 2013) --- Smith & Wesson, a U.S. based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, today announced that the Company will not attend nor will it support or participate in the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The announcement comes after the decision of show management company, Reed Exhibitions, to prohibit the display of modern sporting rifles in this year’s event.

James Debney, President and CEO of Smith & Wesson, said, “As a market leader in the firearm industry and an iconic brand that spans 160 years of American history, we believe it is important to make our position perfectly clear: We support the Second Amendment and the rights of our law-abiding customers to purchase these and all legal firearms. Therefore, we are unable to support any organization or event that prohibits legal firearms, or otherwise restricts a citizen's lawful and constitutional rights.”

About Smith & Wesson
    Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select: SWHC) is a U.S.-based leader in firearm manufacturing and design, delivering a broad portfolio of quality firearms, related products and training to the consumer, law enforcement, and military markets. The company’s brands include Smith & Wesson®, M&P® and Thompson/Center Arms™. Smith & Wesson facilities are located in Massachusetts and Maine. For more information on Smith & Wesson, call (800) 331-0852 or log on to Smith & Wesson.

Over 200 and growing. What is dispicable is the show is still showing everyone as still participating...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Re: Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb

Next?

As of 5:21 AM today, 307 vendors have decided to boycott! Hopefully, the public will boycott as well!!!!!!!!!!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

It has been postponed until further notice.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Which means that Ross will not be refunding anyone's money at this point.

Statement from Chet Burchett President of Reed Exhibitions:

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.
    “ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I might move there so I can boycott it too!

I am very happy, happy to see them all stand together. Hit them where it hurts, their pocket. Good job boycotters....

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Statement from Chet Burchett President of Reed Exhibitions:

Reed Exhibitions has decided to postpone, for now, the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show given the controversy surrounding its decision to limit the sale or display of modern sporting rifles (also called ARs) at the event. The show was scheduled to take place February 2-10 in Harrisburg, PA.

“Our original decision not to include certain products in the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show this year was made in order to preserve the event’s historical focus on the hunting and fishing traditions enjoyed by American families,” said Chet Burchett, Reed Exhibitions President for the Americas. “In the current climate, we felt that the presence of MSRs would distract from the theme of hunting and fishing, disrupting the broader experience of our guests. This was intended simply as a product decision, of the type event organizers need to make every day.

“It has become very clear to us after speaking with our customers that the event could not be held because the atmosphere of this year’s show would not be conducive to an event that is designed to provide family enjoyment. It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.
    “ESS has long been proud to participate in the preservation and promotion of hunting and fishing traditions, and we hope that as the national debate clarifies, we will have an opportunity to consider rescheduling the event when the time is right to focus on the themes it celebrates.”
    Oh, B.S. So then they're saying that an everyday innocent event planning decision that was extremely unpopular with practically every guest and major sponsor is simultaneously innocuous AND a deal-breaker? You can't have it both ways. If you're willing to stand your ground and shut the whole show down over a detail such as this, you have to be willing to stand behind your real reason for doing it.

It's kinda like Chuck E. Cheese's taking out all the games and toys and entertainment and claiming their focus has always been pizza. "We still have pizza, and it's unfortunate that families aren't willing to come enjoy the pizza that we have always focused on." Your event is focused on what your attendees and sponsors are focused on. Right now, that focus is liberty to own whatever firearms they wish. Is it any wonder a decision by the organizers to completely undermine that liberty would be unpopular? My guess is that if the show comes back and they "have the opportunity to reschedule," it will come back with MSRs intact.

Ricky
    QKShooter and mwhartman like this.

VIP Member
    My message to Reed is the same one I would send to Feinstein, Biden, Obama, Cuomo, Bloomberg, and everyone else who wants it to be about hunting...It ain't about hunting.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    It is unfortunate that in the current emotionally charged atmosphere this celebratory event has become overshadowed by a decision that directly affected a small percentage of more than 1,000 exhibits showcasing products and services for those interested in hunting and fishing.
    Apparently he doesn't get it that it's that small percentage standing right out in the front lines. And when we're gone, bucko, they will come for your grandaddy's huntin' over-n-under.
    QKShooter and mwhartman like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Love it! This is the kind of support we need for the AWB and all other aspects of this crap
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links