Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb

This is a discussion on Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Next month, The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show will take place in Harrisburg PA. The sponsors of the show is Reed Exhibitions. Reed Exhibitions imposed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb

Number of exhibitors withdrawing from Outdoor Show continues to climb

Next month, The Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show will take place in Harrisburg PA. The sponsors of the show is Reed Exhibitions. Reed Exhibitions imposed a ban on AR type weapons at this years show because of the deadly shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

Since imposing the ban a number of venders, including Cabela's have decided to boycott the show. To see the complete list of vendors who are boycotting click this link ESOS Boycott Supporters | My Northeast Outdoors
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

2. Remove Ads

I am not a celebrity, sponsor or vendor but they can add my name to the list.

On a side note, I am really happy how Cabela's is supporting thier customers.
    ccman likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    On their web site they claim to have 1,200 exhibitors and I am sure that number includes the ones that have stated they will not support the event. Cabela's, is presently featured on their web site.

I applaud the people and businesses that have decided to boycott the event.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

It's a shame. I always liked going to that show, and since I am from Harrisburg, it was supposed to be a reason to go home for a few days. I planned on not going as soon as they said that a week or so ago.

VIP Member
    And when gun shows stop holding their events in gun free zones, even more hypocrisy will be eliminated.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    On their web site they claim to have 1,200 exhibitors and I am sure that number includes the ones that have stated they will not support the event. Cabela's, is presently featured on their web site.

I applaud the people and businesses that have decided to boycott the event.

I did not check Reeds site. However, several of the Harrisburg TV stations and local papers have reported that Cabela's has boycotted. The link ESOS Boycott Supporters | My Northeast Outdoors I included in box one indicates it was last updated at 11:41 AM today

I'll continue to watch and update
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

That's quite a list...their absence is SURE to be noticed.
    ccman likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I've never been to that show so I don't know how many vendors there usually are but yeah, that was a long list of boycotters (is that a word?). This will surely put a hurting on the show and its promoters.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

Quite a list? Im wondering who's left lol

That is quite a list and probably not complete as more have probably pulled out and it is not public yet.... Kinda hope the promoter goes bankrupt.

It's not just the Vendors,wait til people that support the second amendment don't go to the show and the parking lot is virtually empty
    Bark'n and pittypat21 like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

List of vendors boycotting ESOS Boycott Supporters | My Northeast Outdoors was updated tonight at 7 PM. There are 181 with Bass Pro Shop being another major vendor to boycott.

Add S&W and I think Ruger and National Wild Turkey Federation also. Hope more follow suit.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I sent e-mails to several of the companies thanking them for electing to boycott the event..

I also checked their web site and checked the listing of exhibitors, it only lists a total of 269 new and featured. That's a far cry from 1200. Cabela's ad is no longer featured on the site.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

The NRA is out too now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links