A reply from Matt Salmon, congressman.

This is a discussion on A reply from Matt Salmon, congressman. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now, I know it is a canned response, since I guess I sent 2 letters to him and received 2 responses back at the same ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AZ_Larz_NY

Thread: A reply from Matt Salmon, congressman.

Now, I know it is a canned response, since I guess I sent 2 letters to him and received 2 responses back at the same time and they were the same. But still, nice to know.

Be safe!

Dear Mr. Schwartz,

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns over the recent debate about gun control. I appreciate hearing from you on this important issue.

Our country is mourning the recent shocking and senseless murders in Aurora CO and Newtown CT by lone individuals seeking to do unspeakable harm to their fellow Americans. In response, it is natural for us as a country to reflect and try to identify solutions and policies that will ensure such horrific events never happen again. Unfortunately, those who have long-sought increased gun restrictions are using these tragedies to once again try and limit the constitutionally guaranteed rights of law abiding Americans to own and operate firearms. It is never more important to fight to protect the rights of individual citizens than in the wake of a tragedy that tempts us with easy "solutions" that limit the rights of all.

As a gun owner and avid target shooter, I exercise my right as an American to keep and bear arms. I have enjoyed participating in various target shooting activities and value the safe-handling of firearms. I also believe that this natural, God-given right ought to be safeguarded as the Founding Fathers intended when they enshrined it in the Bill of Rights. The Second Amendment exists as a bulwark against those who would deprive the American citizen of his life, his liberty, or his property. This is the essence of the Second Amendment. As a result, I remain very concerned about the Obama Administration's plan to implement gun ownership restrictions. As a result, I join millions of Americans who refuse to allow my rights to be limited because of the action of a few; that is not America.

Going forward, I will stand as I have always stood, in the defense of all American's constitutional rights and I will continue to advocate for responsible firearm ownership and stand ready to defend against any encroachments on our right to bear arms.

Thank you again for contacting me. As we take up debate on this important issue, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind as we work on solutions that will protect our families. If you have any additional comments or questions, please feel free to contact me or my office at 202-225-2635.

Sincerely,

Matt Salmon
    Member of Congress
    rigel42 and shadowwalker like this.
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Nice. Sometimes I miss living in Arizona!
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

No, ifs ands or buts... now that is a good letter... I don't care if it's canned, boilerplate, and signed with an autopen... it doesn't allow for wiggle room...

I'm likin' the AZ contingent more and more.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Yeah, I agree... it should be canned because it's good. Whoever wrote the line "Going forward, I will stand as I have always stood, in the defense of all American's constitutional rights" needs a raise.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I agree. I don't mind the canned letter, I was happy to get one, especially one like this. I sent out a bunch of email letters from a few of those links and this is the only response I received.

I do like living in Arizona.

I told my daughter who lives in NY, she might have to send me her 22 rifle, lol, she said no way, not my baby! LOve my daughter!

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Larz_NY View Post

Now, I know it is a canned response ...
    Good letter, yes. If it had had the standard "anti" euphemisms and "buts" in there, I'd say something was fishy. No carping on the 2A; just a few jabs at the bottom feeders in congress.

Nicely done. He's got me hooked.

Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links