Response from Congressman Trey Radel Florida

This is a discussion on Response from Congressman Trey Radel Florida within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thank you for contacting me about Second Amendment rights. I value your input on this important matter and appreciate the opportunity to respond. I would ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KBSR

Thread: Response from Congressman Trey Radel Florida

Thank you for contacting me about Second Amendment rights. I value your input on this important matter and appreciate the opportunity to respond.

I would like to express my sincere condolences for the victims of recent gun-related tragedies. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and the communities as they try to recover from these devastating events.

Enshrined in the Constitution's Second Amendment is every American's right to "keep and bear arms." This right should not be infringed upon lightly. Gun control policies fail to recognize that criminals, not guns, are the root cause of crime and violence in America. Proposed gun control restrictions punish law-abiding citizens who want to protect themselves and their families. The executive orders issued by President Barack Obama bypass lawmakers with disregard for the Constitution. No one man or woman, Republican or Democrat, should dictate the laws of the land.

Be assured, as legislation regarding Second Amendment rights come before Congress, I will review it with these principles in mind.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. It is an honor to represent the citizens of Southwest Florida in the United States House of Representatives. Feel free to visit my Congressional website at Congressman Trey Radel | Representing the 19th District of Florida or contact me with any future concerns.
    Sincerely,

Trey Radel
    Member of Congress
    TR/MG
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Be assured, as legislation regarding Second Amendment rights come before Congress, I will review it with these principles in mind.
    Which principles????

This right should not be infringed upon lightly.
    Oh, those "principles."

"Shall not be infringed."

... lightly?

NO,

"Shall not be infringed."

PERIOD! End of sentence...

Not after review, not after consideration... not after tea and crumpets... NOT at all....

Oh.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "The executive orders issued by President Barack Obama bypass lawmakers with disregard for the Constitution. No one man or woman, Republican or Democrat, should dictate the laws of the land."

And what's he planning to do about that?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have to agree 100% with Oakchas..

I'd put that response in the favorable column, despite oakchas's parsing exercise. Thank you.
    Brad426 likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "The executive orders issued by President Barack Obama bypass lawmakers with disregard for the Constitution. No one man or woman, Republican or Democrat, should dictate the laws of the land."

And what's he planning to do about that?
    That is a good question I would like to know as well
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    "Lightly?" Then maybe people should only "lightly" consider voting him back into office next time.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Sounds like a non-committal answer to me, but he's trying to make it look good to his 2A constituents.

Links