Reply from elected official

This is a discussion on Reply from elected official within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I used the Ruger Firearms link yesterday and received this reply today: January 22, 2013 Dear Mr. Smith: Thank you for contacting my office. I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By RmScadd

Thread: Reply from elected official

I used the Ruger Firearms link yesterday and received this reply today:

January 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you for contacting my office. I appreciate that you took the time to express your views on this important matter and am happy to respond.

The senseless violence which occurred at Sandy Hook Elementary School has no place in our society and certainly has no place in our classrooms. As a Christian, and as a father, I joined Americans across the country as I followed the heartbreaking reports pouring out of Newtown, Connecticut.

Unfortunately, it did not take long for gun control advocates to begin using this disaster as a means to push for more restrictive and anti-gun legislation.

As your elected representative in Congress, I took an oath to protect the Constitution, and that includes the Second Amendment, which provides the right to keep and bear arms by all law-abiding citizens. As we move forward through the 113th Congress, you can be sure that I will fight against legislation that infringes upon your Constitutional freedoms.

It is an honor and a privilege to represent constituents like you of the 15th District of Florida. To learn more on how I may serve you, please visit Congressman Dennis Ross. Please feel free to continue to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,

Dennis A. Ross
    Member of Congress
    SpringerXD and QKShooter like this.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    It's a shame that cloning science isn't further advanced than it is. We need a few of this guy in every state.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Huh. Someone who actually remembered he took an OATH, swearing to both protect and defend the Constitution. He must not think of himself as a politician. Instead, he's approaching being human again. I thought elected humans were extinct?

Good to see someone with a simple, straightforward, no-nonsense commitment to protecting the Constitution against the blood-suckers who have forgotten their sworn oaths to the People. Kudos, Mr. Ross!
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    I just wonder how many of these polititians have a "boiler plate" response for their constituents. One for 2A supporters and one for the anti's. They always seem to tell you what you want to hear. However, the "squeeky wheel gets the grease".
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

No question of where HE stands...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links