Response from Vicky Hartzler, Missouri's 4th District

Response from Vicky Hartzler, Missouri's 4th District

This is a discussion on Response from Vicky Hartzler, Missouri's 4th District within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Letter from Vicky Hartzler, of Missouri's Fourth Congressional District. She is a great lady, and representative. My wife instructs her child at the private Christian ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Crowbait
  • 1 Post By walvord

Thread: Response from Vicky Hartzler, Missouri's 4th District

Thumbs up Response from Vicky Hartzler, Missouri's 4th District

Letter from Vicky Hartzler, of Missouri's Fourth Congressional District. She is a great lady, and representative. My wife instructs her child at the private Christian school where she teaches. A great all-around LADY and one of the few Reps that speaks for her constituency and their beliefs. Of further note; the bold and over sized font is hers as it came in the letter. I did not alter the letter. Which, I think makes it even better.

Dear Russell,

Thank you for contacting me about gun control and the proposed assault weapons ban. I appreciate the time and effort you took to share your concerns with me on this vital issue. I value your input and welcome all comments so I can stay informed on the issues most important to the citizens of Missouri's 4th Congressional District.

Immediately following the tragic event that took place at Newtown, Connecticut's Sandy Hook Elementary School, politicians and the media have used the tragedy as leverage for advancing gun control legislation. Members of Congress have proposed reinstating the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, controlling magazine size, and increasing requirements for the registration of firearms.

Please know that as your representative, I will oppose any legislation that would infringe upon the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. Furthermore, I will be monitoring actions by the Executive Branch that may limit your right to keep and own firearms, and opposing them if they infringe on our rights. While violence in America is an issue that needs to be addressed, restricting Americans from being able to defend themselves is the wrong approach. Criminals will find ways to harm the innocent, and people must be able to have the option of self-defense to protect their own lives and the lives of their families.

The proposals that are being discussed would do little to prevent criminals from illegally acquiring weapons. Instead, they would impair the ability of law-abiding citizens to own a weapon for protection. I will oppose new restrictions on guns, and as a gun owner myself, will continue to defend your Second Amendment rights. As always, I greatly appreciate your concerns and perspectives. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future on other issues important to you and your community. It is a privilege to be your voice in Congress.

With best regards, I remain,

Very truly yours,

Vicky Hartzler
    Member of Congress
    darbo and 357and40 like this.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Good response from your rep., Missouri isn't going to put up with any crap from the Jr. Messiah.
    8th ID likes this.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I really hope not. I know She won't but this Missouri bill that was just introduced kinda gives me pause.
    A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government. --George Washington

Links