FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll! - Page 2

FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

This is a discussion on FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd Last time I believe he ran unopposed. His last opponent was Connie Mack....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Last time I believe he ran unopposed.
    His last opponent was Connie Mack.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I just checked my e-mail and I received a response from old Bill. It seems that he is changing the tune of his responses (which means he's wishy washy and you can't trust anything he tells anybody):

Bill@billnelson.senate.gov
    3:33 PM (9 hours ago)

Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida: Contact Bill

Dear Mr. BugDude:

Thank you for contacting me about protecting Second Amendment rights.

I grew up on a ranch in the Florida countryside and have been a hunter since I was a boy. I support a person's constitutional right to bear arms.

In 2008, the Supreme Court of the United States affirmed that the Second Amendment protects a person's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to military service, and to use that firearm for traditional lawful purposes like self-defense within the home. This is the law of the land.

I appreciate hearing your views on this subject. Hearing from you helps me to better serve you in the Senate.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

I knew his poll was just for "show". I actually took a screenshot with my phone (can't locate at the moment) incase the voting didn't go the way he planned and he tried to sidestep or worse yet change the results to fit his agenda. Instead of changing the poll in his favor he just ignored it altogether. I am a transplant to this area of Florida and didn't have the 'pleasure' of voting this politician into office. But you can be sure that I have already sent an email his way showing my 'strong disagreement.'
    macg19 likes this.

Both hands over the ears, and shouting 'la la la la la la la la la la la..."
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

What a fool, thinks he is the master of Floridians and knows best for you all.
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

I was just coming on to post the same reply BigDude did earlier this morning- I received the same letter yesterday. It wasn't at all the response I expected and I don't believe it for a second...

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Unfortunately, Nelson was just re-elected for another 6 year term. He doesn't have to respect his subjects for another full term. I voted against him, but that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Unfortunately, Nelson was just re-elected for another 6 year term. He doesn't have to respect his subjects for another full term. I voted against him, but that didn't work.
    ^^^^This^^^^ I voted against him as well, but unfortunately he beat Connie Mack, 55% to 42%.

"Florida" a classic example of IQ determined by the number of teeth, this is why I moved out.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    If he doesn't plan on killing anything when he hunts shouldn't he just take a camera and not a gun?
    Hoganbeg likes this.

He's a good Democrat. Say and promise anything till you get in office then follow what you are told to do. Representatives of the people?? You've got to be kidding.

I didnt vote for a lot of people that some how got reelected. Nobody I know voted fot them either. Extreeeemly confused.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    I find it amazing how similar these "rejection" letters are in content. I've seen several now, all from different representatives, and they all use nearly identical language. It's disgusting!

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Six more years of this "person"

"Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns, and I support the Second Amendment.

But assault weapons such as AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting."

ppkheat likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links