FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

This is a discussion on FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; despite a pole on his own website, with 90,000 votes, 88% to 11% against the ban, here is good ol Bill's response to my calling ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

despite a pole on his own website, with 90,000 votes, 88% to 11% against the ban, here is good ol Bill's response to my calling him out on the news backing the assault weapons ban:

"Thank you for contacting me about policy proposals that seek to reduce gun violence in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown.

I am a hunter and have always owned guns, and I support the Second Amendment.

But assault weapons such as AK 47s are intended for killing, not hunting.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from protecting law enforcement and keeping weapons out of the hands of criminals, to school safety, access to mental health services, and confronting a culture that sometimes glorifies violence.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. And, I support universal background checks so that we can know if person buying a weapon has a criminal record.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future.

Sincerely,
    Bill Nelson"
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
    -Douglas Adams

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    The mid terms should be interesting.
    ppkheat and Spirit51 like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Apparently, Senator Nelson believes in voting the party line, rather than following the wishes of his constituents.
    Jetfuelrm, darbo and Spirit51 like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

He supported Obumer Care and he doesn't face the voters for six years. He will do whatever his master Obama tells him.
    Spirit51 likes this.

That letter is also very poorly written.

When he wants our opinion, he'll give it to us.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Once again, I'll apply the Google BS-To-English Translator:

Thank you for contacting me about my leftist policy proposals that seek to strip you of your 2nd Amendment rights, in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown which could have been prevented by one or more armed teachers. But I didn't actually say that, so don't repeat it, okay?

I am a hunter and have always owned guns, which of course has nothing whatsoever to do with the Second Amendment. It just sounds good in speeches to the clueless.

But assault weapons such as AK 47s, if I could actually identify one, are intended for killing, not hunting. We must get these evil black rifles off the street, because I hear that they're almost as powerful as a 30-06.

Solutions for reducing gun violence must address many areas, from useless assault weapons bans, to school "gun free zones," registration schemes, and changing the USA to be more like Great Britain, Canada, or Mexico.

I support reinstating the assault weapons ban and restoring the 10-round limit for ammunition magazines. Pistol grips make a rifle far more dangerous and we all know that a magazine change requires a hydraulic crane and a football team to help. I support universal background checks because I'm confident that every street thug in the country will comply. After all, we plan to ask them nicely.

I appreciate hearing your views on this very important issue, and I will keep them in mind, sort of like the results of my poll. Actually, never mind, Ignore the poll. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future so I can give you another canned response because my mind is already made up.

As sincerely as I can muster,
    Bill Nelson

BugDude, Jetfuelrm and Darrow75 like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I'm ashamed of some of the idiots Florida has voted in, having said that the people here don't even know how to run a proper election. What did it take last time 2 days for the results to be counted and then they still found some unaccounted for weeks later.

I just don't know what to say.
    darbo likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Those of you in Florida need to educate the Honorable Senator on the elective process. If he does not support his constituents, you will fire him and find someone that will, at the very first opportunity.
    darbo and goldshellback like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Those of you in Florida need to educate the Honorable Senator on the elective process. If he does not support his constituents, you will fire him and find someone that will, at the very first opportunity.
    Last time I believe he ran unopposed.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Write in bugs bunny and vote for him then

Last time I believe he ran unopposed.
    That is a good reason to get engaged in your party and start screaming at the leaders! Consider Libertarian too!
    SpringerXD likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I'm ashamed of some of the idiots Florida has voted in, having said that the people here don't even know how to run a proper election. What did it take last time 2 days for the results to be counted and then they still found some unaccounted for weeks later.

I just don't know what to say.
    I'm suprised we managed to vote anyone in, seeing as we can screw up a dog catcher election.
    Doghandler and BugDude like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Tallying votes takes so long because they have to wait to see who is going to offer up the highest bid to determine the outcome of the count....kind of like waiting for an eBay auction to end.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: FL Voters read this: Bill Nelson's response to his own poll!

I'm here to cheer on your sarcastically poetic and truthful roll, BugDude!
    BugDude likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links