NWTF Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

This is a discussion on NWTF Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; LIst of vendors and celebrities not going - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community For more information, contact Josh Fleming at (803) 637-7698 (803) 637-7698 . NWTF ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: NWTF Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

VIP Member

Thumbs up NWTF Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

LIst of vendors and celebrities not going - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

For more information, contact Josh Fleming at (803) 637-7698 (803) 637-7698 .

NWTF Withdraws from Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show

EDGEFIELD, S.C. — The National Wild Turkey Federation has withdrawn from the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pa., due to the decision to ban the display of modern sporting rifles.

As a leading advocate for the preservation of our hunting heritage, the NWTF believes it is an important time to take a clear stance on its support of sportsmen and the Second Amendment and the clear link between the two.

The NWTF has canceled its booth space and will be rescheduling the NWTF sanctioned calling contest that was slated to take place at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show once a suitable venue is determined.

SNIP
    Glad to see folk standing strong.

-----

If you have never been to this event, you have missed a monster of an event -- however, this is not the year to go IMHO.
    PAPADALE1 likes this.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

2. Remove Ads

Pretty soon they will be the "Eastern Sports and Outdoor Booth",Gonna be hard to pay all the incurred costs if they lose a majority of booths and a whole lot less paying visitors.I'll bet they're taking turns kicking each other in the ass for the dumb move
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Eastern Sports and Outdoor show Boycott.

The Promoters of the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. have announced that they will ban vendors from selling assault rifles and large capacity magazines at the February show. So far, about 150 vendors have pulled out of the show in protest including companies like Ruger, Smith & Wesson, Benelli, and Federal Ammunition Co. In the state of Pennsylvania these items are still legal, but the promoters of this show chose to cave in to the knee-jerk politics of the anti second amendment crowd. I hope all the folks that were planning to attend this show (which is the largest in the eastern U.S.) will rethink their plans on attending. I, for one will not be there!
    PAPADALE1 likes this.

Eastern Sports and Outdoor show Boycott.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Good for the boycotters. If they don't want to allow vendors to sell legal wares, they should expect to feel the hurt.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Just visited their website - they still show Ruger and Smith & Wesson as exhibitors.

They ARE, however, now offering free parking, and shuttle service!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Their web site still lists the following as exhibitors, there may be others but I didn't check.
    Ruger booth 5029
    NRA Hunter booth 3127
    Friends of the NRA booth 2109

Their site lists a a total of 269 exhibitors by name, far from the 1,200 claimed.

I am quite sure Reed Promotions will be forced to make a news release of some type to prevent a total boycott by both attendees and present remaining exhibitors.

Based on the ever growing number of businesses that will boycott the show I do believe that there will be a major loss in ticket sales, booth rentals and revenues from food/booze vendor sales. The switch to free parking is another lost major revenue.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Significant absences from the boycot list - In other words companies that seem to be proceeding with the show.

Benelli
    Dicks Sporting Goods (I know everybody is already mad at them)
    Friends of the NRA (NRA parent is already boycotting)
    GunBroker.com
    Jack Daniels (I like Jack, but ...)
    John Deere

Ted Nugent's Spirit of the Wild
    U.S. Concealed Carry

This is as of 12:15 Eastern - today
    Last edited by high pockets; January 23rd, 2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Mossberg & Savage Arms joined boycot

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Dick's is caught between the rock and a hard place, boycott the show and loose more customers, not boycott the show and loose customers. The future for the local Dick's looks very bleak based on their very empty parking lot each and every day.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Significant absences from the boycot list - In other words companies that seem to be proceeding with the show.

Benelli
    Dicks Sporting Goods (I know everybody is already mad at them)
    Friends of the NRA (NRA parent is already boycotting)
    GunBroker.com
    Jack Daniels (I like Jack, but ...)
    John Deere
    Mossberg
    Savage Arms
    Ted Nugent's Spirit of the Wild
    U.S. Concealed Carry

This is as of 12:15 Eastern - today
    "O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest, family-owned firearms manufacturer, today announces that the company will not attend or support the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania due to Reed Exhibitions’ continued refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles. The company in good conscience cannot attend or endorse this year’s show.

Our company’s position on the 2nd Amendment is unwavering and steadfast, therefore, we are unable to support any organization or event that prohibits the display or sale of legal firearms. We stand united with our loyal customers and supporters in this constitutional right and had only hoped for a different outcome."

Cross off Mossy

https://www.facebook.com/MossbergOff...ref=ts&fref=ts
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    "O.F. Mossberg & Sons, Inc, America’s oldest, family-owned firearms manufacturer, today announces that the company will not attend or support the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania due to Reed Exhibitions’ continued refusal to reconsider their decision to ban Modern Sporting Rifles. The company in good conscience cannot attend or endorse this year’s show.

Our company’s position on the 2nd Amendment is unwavering and steadfast, therefore, we are unable to support any organization or event that prohibits the display or sale of legal firearms. We stand united with our loyal customers and supporters in this constitutional right and had only hoped for a different outcome."

Cross off Mossy

https://www.facebook.com/MossbergOff...ref=ts&fref=ts
    Thank you, I have edited my post.

- Anon

"Many of you have asked if we still plan to attend the Harrisburg show. Even though Savage Arms does not manufacture or market any of the firearms that will be excluded, as a leader in the firearms industry and proud supporter of the Second Amendment, we cannot, in good conscience, support an outdoor show that does not allow all legal firearms. We have cancelled our plans to attend this show. For other opportunities to see savage products and staff in your region, please see our events calendar. Check back often. We continue to add events and they are scheduled. "

Cross off Savage

https://www.facebook.com/SavageArms?ref=ts&fref=ts

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Good job for those boycotting. However, everyone needs to remember that a lot of the small vendors and outfitters will take a significant financial hit for staying home. Do what you can to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    "Many of you have asked if we still plan to attend the Harrisburg show. Even though Savage Arms does not manufacture or market any of the firearms that will be excluded, as a leader in the firearms industry and proud supporter of the Second Amendment, we cannot, in good conscience, support an outdoor show that does not allow all legal firearms. We have cancelled our plans to attend this show. For other opportunities to see savage products and staff in your region, please see our events calendar. Check back often. We continue to add events and they are scheduled. "

Cross off Savage

https://www.facebook.com/SavageArms?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thank you, I have edited my post, again.

- Anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links