Check out this JPFO poster

This is a discussion on Check out this JPFO poster within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Do you read? What just happened in NY State? What is happening in MA? Have you read anything about Dianne Feinstein? Do you know anything ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Check out this JPFO poster

VIP Member
    Do you read? What just happened in NY State? What is happening in MA? Have you read anything about Dianne Feinstein? Do you know anything about MAIG? Bloomberg?

Regardless of the above, do you really think gun control is about guns?
    His previous posts are just as entertaining.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    Love these folk! I have their "hitler" sticker on my vehicle and see people doing a head-snap as they take a double-look at it all the time.
    Shop.JPFO.org
    Just ordered 6 - thanks.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

"Never mind the fact the nazi Germany had been devastated by the loss of WWI. Never mind the fact that inflation in nazi Germany was so out of control it was hard to buy a loaf of bread with a barrel full of money. Never mind the fact that the brown shirted nazis were thugs that roamed the streets harrassing those who would oppose the nazi party. So someone finds a photograph of hitler with children and Obama with children and the geniuses determine that the two must be the same. There is nothing new about gun control conversations in this country. Because Obama brings up gun control, he's another hitler. I don't remember the last time I had to wear a yellow arm band telling the world what religion I am. No one wants to take our guns away."

Here, fixed it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by hartlathers View Post
    Never mind the fact the German Empire had been devastated by the loss of WWI. Never mind the fact that inflation in Weimer Germany was so out of control it was hard to buy a loaf of bread with a barrel full of money. Never mind the fact that the brown shirted nazis were thugs that roamed the streets harrassing those who would oppose the nazi party. So someone finds a photograph of hitler with children and Obama with children and the geniuses determine that the two must be the same. There is nothing new about gun control conversations in this country. Because Obama brings up gun control, he's another hitler. I don't remember the last time I had to wear a yellow arm band telling the world what religion I am. Never mind that there are those within the government of this nation, at this very moment, who would emulate the Nazis, or any other power-greedy enemy of liberty that may be found in the annals of history, and take our guns away.
    To ignore or hide from the signs of the obvious just won't do.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The comparison is valid even if in only one point: that those who cannot win an argument based on sound logic and reason alone must appeal to emotion.

No longer does a politician need to "win the hearts and minds" of the people. He must only win the hearts. The brains are nowhere to be found, which is a proof that any zombie apocalypse that may come about will be short lived, since the zombies will starve to death.
    DaveH, msgt/ret and oneshot like this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I do support gun owner and I have own many guns. What I don't support are the scare tactics used to make a point. No one is going to take our guns. But it makes people feel better when everyone agrees that "yes" there is the big conspriracy that all the guns are going to be taken away. How utterly foolish can that be? I'll say this slow.....NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY.
    Hopyard likes this.

I didn't realize gun ownerships meant that I had to be scared and paranoid. I apologize for my lack of concern about the fact that NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY.

VIP Member

Question Paranoid vs. denial? Or reality?

I didn't realize gun ownerships meant that I had to be scared and paranoid. I apologize for my lack of concern about the fact that NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY.
    Hopefully, no one will be able to take them. So, in that context, I hope you are right -- that no one is going to, because we will prevail in protecting the RKBA.

However, it will not be for the lack of intent or for the lack of trying on the gun-banners part. And denial of their intent would be a big mistake, IMHO.

For the truth from the mouth of one of the most public leaders of the take-them-away-movement:

“If I could’ve gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States for an outright ban, picking up every one of them — Mr. and Mrs. America turn ‘em all in — I would have done it. I could not do that. The votes weren’t here.” -- Senator Dianne Feinstein see: » Video: Dianne Feinstein Says Her Goal is to Disarm All Americans Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

IMHO, only constant vigilance on our part will stop the likes of the Feinsteins, the Bradies, Handgun Control, Inc, the David Bohnett Foundation, the
    Committee for Handgun Control, the Violence Policy Center, the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence, the Educational Fund to End Handgun Violence,
    the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence, etc, etc, etc.

If you don't think they are trying to take them away....

OTHO, “One ought never to turn one’s back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!” -- Winston Churchill

Last edited by DaveH; January 23rd, 2013 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Added the Churchill quote
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Have you read Diane Feinsteins proposed bill? She wants to ban must type of guns currently sold. If you own one of those guns, you can keep it provided that you register it as an NFA item which requires you to pay a $200 tax per item. How many people can afford that? It might not be an actual confiscation, but it will be a functional confiscation for many.

hartlathers; your mocking contempt for us is duly noted.

You might substantiate your claim that no one is going to take our guns away. Do it in a way that takes into account the events of the past month.

While you are at it, substantiate your claim that you support the gun owner for it isn't seen here.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    You're not paranoid if they are really out to get you...
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I didn't realize gun ownerships meant that I had to be scared and paranoid.
    No, you needn't be fearful. Nor do you need to beware of what isn't out there. It's not a requirement. Far from it.

But seeing documented statements and actions for what they are instead of what we'd wish them to be would be a good start. This is about exactly that, nothing more. And it has nothing to do with firearms per se, this seeing the truth of words and actions.

Still doubt it? See post #43 below, regarding Feinstein's push this week for a new-and-improved (and stricter, tougher) AWB.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

All right, I'll take you at your word.... NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY. Fine.

Now, tell me what exactly, they are going to do... No, really...

As a result of the push by the POTUS and certain Senators and Representatives, some firearm legislation will be introduced. All of the particulars of that legislation may not make it to the floor for a vote... But some will.... based on your statement that "NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY" These are some of the options.

Will they pass universal background checks? Yes or no?
    Will they pass national registration? Yes or no?
    Will they limit magazine size (new manufacture or importation)? Yes or no?
    Will they limit the importation or manufacture of any weapon currently available to the general public. Yes or no?
    Will they require registration/licensing/taxation on existing firearms? Yes or no?
    Will they require registration/licensing/taxation on existing magazines? Yes or no?

And finally, for
    Optional, extra credit:

Tell us in your own words, exactly what will transpire in the Congress of the United States, that will affect every citizen in this country, as regards firearms, munitions, and accessories.

The floor is yours, if you have the courage of your convictions, answer the questions at hand.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I apologize for my lack of concern about the fact that NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY.
    No apologies. It's not a fact, though. Sorry.

Proof to the contrary: Sen. Feinstein introducing new "assault weapons ban" bill in the U.S. Senate this week (1/24/13). It does indeed, per Feinstein's own claims, include outright bans that disallow possession/ownership of certain weapons, and it forced NFA registration on a host of others, beyond the basic expansion of the so-called definition of "assault" weapons. A rose by any other name ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    No apologies. It's not a fact, though. Sorry.

Proof to the contrary: Sen. Feinstein introducing new "assault weapons ban" bill in the U.S. Senate this week (1/24/13). It does indeed, per Feinstein's own claims, include outright bans that disallow possession/ownership of certain weapons, and it forced NFA registration on a host of others, beyond the basic expansion of the so-called definition of "assault" weapons. A rose by any other name ...
    But, he's saying they won't take our guns away... indicating that all provisions of the bill will not pass.... I want to know exactly what he thinks will pass....
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

If history teaches us anything, it is that we don't learn from history.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links