Check out this JPFO poster

This is a discussion on Check out this JPFO poster within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by oakchas But, he's saying they won't take our guns away... And hartlathers needn't apologize for his lack of concern. It's his attempts ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree120Likes

Thread: Check out this JPFO poster

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    But, he's saying they won't take our guns away...
    And hartlathers needn't apologize for his lack of concern.

It's his attempts to persuade others that what's happening isn't actually happening that's running into a brick wall here. As well it should, given the reality of the attempts at outright banning.

Whether it's likely to actually pass and get signed into law is something else entirely. But that the attempts are happening is the one irrefutable fact in this discussion.
    DaveH, oakchas, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by hartlathers View Post
    Never mind the fact the nazi Germany had been devastated by the loss of WWI. Never mind the fact that inflation in nazi Germany was so out of control it was hard to buy a loaf of bread with a barrel full of money. Never mind the fact that the brown shirted nazis were thugs that roamed the streets harrassing those who would oppose the nazi party. So someone finds a photograph of hitler with children and Obama with children and the geniuses determine that the two must be the same. There is nothing new about gun control conversations in this country. Because Obama brings up gun control, he's another hitler. I don't remember the last time I had to wear a yellow arm band telling the world what religion I am. No one wants to take our guns away.
    Yeah, Hitler fixed everything real well for Germany--having to rebuild twice!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    No one wants to take our guns away.
    Yep. And your social security number will never be used for identification and the Federal Reserve is a government agency.
    bombthrower77, Betty, OD* and 3 others like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I do support gun owner and I have own many guns. What I don't support are the scare tactics used to make a point. No one is going to take our guns. But it makes people feel better when everyone agrees that "yes" there is the big conspriracy that all the guns are going to be taken away. How utterly foolish can that be? I'll say this slow.....NO ONE IS GOING TO TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY.
    Um...... are you serious? New York State just PASSED a ban on "assault" rifles and those "high-capacity" 10-round "clips" (ooh, scary).

Their real goal was confiscation, which has been revealed all over the place.

Diane Feinstein has stated publicly that if she could get the congressional votes, she would start gun confiscation today.

What's the address of that rock you're living under?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Thanks.

OTOH, if the comments head south, please lock it.
    They are already South, comparisons of The President of the United States with Hitler
    are wrong and reprehensible, and are political ad hominem attacks which don't have a
    thing to do with 2 A policy.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    ... which don't have a thing to do with 2 A policy.
    ... other than the potential for bans, registration, confiscation.
    OD*, 357and40 and oneshot like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    It's like deja vu all over again.
    stole my line did you.
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    ... other than the potential for bans, registration, confiscation.
    Which does not excuse the reprehensible comparison.

Moreover, in case you haven't noticed, the only attacks on gun owner rights which have actually happened
    are at the state level. The odds of legislation happening at the Federal Level, even if it were wanted which it
    seem not to be, is slim to none.

For heavens sake, do you think that a Congress which can't get behind national reciprocity because of
    conservative opposition could get behind a ban, due to the same opposition?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Re: Check out this JPFO poster

First they came for the Communists,
    and I didnít speak up,
    because I wasnít a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews,
    and I didnít speak up,
    because I wasnít a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics,
    and I didnít speak up,
    because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me,
    and by that time there was no one
    left to speak up for me.

By Martin Niemoller, © 1944. Protestant minister . Spent 7 years in Nazi concentration camps.

George
    oneshot likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

Moreover, in case you haven't noticed, the only attacks on gun owner rights which have actually happened
    are at the state level.
    Only because the feds haven't gotten around to it yet. Have you read the news about what Diane Feinstein is going to submit tomorrow? Also, just because ,so far, it is only states that are banning guns, doesn't make it any less real. The states actions are coming at the behest of the Presidents fellow party members and are following his lead.

are at the state level. The odds of legislation happening at the Federal Level, even if it were wanted which it
    seem not to be, is slim to none.

For heavens sake, do you think that a Congress which can't get behind national reciprocity because of
    conservative opposition could get behind a ban, due to the same opposition?
    Hop, on many things we agree... And, they probably won't take away some guns. And they may not ban some guns... but what about the rest?

Taxation? SCOTUS has already given POTUS a work around for his health care in that regard.

How about registration? We get to keep and bear them (for now), but they must be registered.

Magazine limitations? You can still keep and bear arms... just with smaller ... ahem "clips."

Maybe liability... if someone steal(s) your firearms and they are used in a crime... You must not have secured them well enough... you are liable.

What will pass as, you know, "common sense" measures to stop gun violence in this country?
    oneshot likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The JPFO has a unique perspective tempered by their religion, and as we have the First Amendment, they can do what they want.

I found the POTUS surrounding himself with children a disgusting mockery of America, chicanery at its finest, and only exceeded by the MSM giving him a pass on it more disgusting.

While none of us know what may ultimately result from this cluster in our esteemed capital, the fact that there are serious attempts to do great damage to the 2A is enough to inflame passions.

That's about all I can say, because I've typed and erased several volumes which would not pass muster....................

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Lincoln was a Republican who fought to preserve the nation, not adapt it to his purposes. Can't say that much about the current POTUS.
    Rock and Glock and ccw9mm like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    Birds of a feather flock together.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Being a Jew and a firearm owner I tend to agree with the JPFO. Knowing what the phrase "Never Again" really is about is a resounding testament to being watchful of the powers that be and loss of liberty. Seeing the writing on the wall is certainly something to which I am attuned.

This administration is attempting to strip our liberties in the name of security. Anyone who thinks the current administration is comfortable with us having the second amendment in place is living in denial and really needs to wake up.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhšuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links