Dumb/Dangerous Legislation in Gun Friendly Missouri

This is a discussion on Dumb/Dangerous Legislation in Gun Friendly Missouri within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy How do these people get anywhere in life with such flawed thought processes. Way back when, we used to have homes ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Dumb/Dangerous Legislation in Gun Friendly Missouri

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    How do these people get anywhere in life with such flawed thought processes.
    Way back when, we used to have homes for these sorts of people; they were known as sanitariums. During the Reagan years we cut most of the funding under the guise of being "more humaine". People soon realized that they couldn't care for these individuals on their own so we had to come up with a new place for them; now we call that place Congress.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    An illegal offense--as opposed to a legal offense?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I sincerely hop she is grateful she is on the opposite side of the state from me.
    ClutchSR9C likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I'm already writing my reps, gov, etc. Even though I don't think that it will make it to the house floor, we can't let up for a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    I sincerely hop she is grateful she is on the opposite side of the state from me.
    I/we know that that was tongue in cheek but, we have to watch what we say and how we say it. That could just end up being something else for them to throw back in our faces.
    joker1, ClutchSR9C and ClutchSR9C like this.
    “A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” --George Washington

Wow they really know how to take our minds off the more important things like our tax issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    How do these people get anywhere in life with such flawed thought processes.
    Public assistance and the guidance of their role models (celebrities).
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbait View Post
    I'm already writing my reps, gov, etc. Even though I don't think that it will make it to the house floor, we can't let up for a minute.

I/we know that that was tongue in cheek but, we have to watch what we say and how we say it. That could just end up being something else for them to throw back in our faces.
    I would vote her sorry patoot out of office!!! Sorry if anyone misinterpreted that.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Typical liberal response to the issue: a lot of unnecessary changes that do not address the problem but make life more difficult for law-abiding citizens.

Are schools going to expel children from gun-owning families? Are they going to profile children for searches at school? Are they going to send notices out to other kids/parents about those families? Are they going to notify the police, school board, or anyone else?

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing. There must be a purpose or reason for it that propels society forward (which is also up to interpretation of what "forward" is). There has to be a point. This sort of thing doesn't have a point other than to possibly stigmatize gun owners.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links