Assault weapon ban Thursday

This is a discussion on Assault weapon ban Thursday within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Daddydon We can only hope and pray our reps are actually into keeping what we have and not having anymore regulations First ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Assault weapon ban Thursday

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddydon View Post
    We can only hope and pray our reps are actually into keeping what we have and not having anymore regulations
    First of all the majority don't represent us, they represent the lobbyist, the big dollar contributors and the will of their party. It was quickly learned, or should have been, that the present administration has no intentions to carry out the will of the people.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

2. Remove Ads

I have a feeling that what's going to happen here is that she's going to go 'all in' with everything, and then try and get a bunch of amendments...like removing the registration and NFA crap to try and garner support in both the Senate and House. We can't let up on this folks, we need to keep writing and calling. I have been sending out stuff to all my Senators and House members. As it's written, she knows she has some chance in the Senate, but no chance in hell that it will pass in the House. She also wants to be able to say that at least she tried to push it through. I am also concerned about the whole Reid/McDonnell thing going on now about the filibuster rules that are being discussed. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    The only thing that bothers me more than anti's are people who think everything is conspiracy. The government is out to get them and won't listen to any other info other than what they think is going to happen. I've heard it all, from the UN will go door to door to back room deals to ban all guns etc. I'm getting really tired of hearing that from people. I do think some really want that but realistically, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

I've had people refuse to go to the range because they have to give their DL# and that means they are tracked and they don't wanna be on camera etc. That's just paranoia for no reason IMO. I don't like what's going on any more than them, but I am not ready to write off everything and subscribe to what I can only describe as crazy thinking.

Sorry for my rant...talked to one just a few minutes ago.

As for this, the headline is severely misleading. The ban isn't coming...the bill is being proposed. What happens from there is what matters and signs are pointing to it going nowhere. Too many politicians are afraid to touch it and then be voted out next election.
    Back room deals? Didn't King Barry already do this to pass healthcare? Oh yeah, he did, SHAMELESSLY! It was even broadcast on the lame-stream media. Basically buying votes by offering more funding toward their respective states. Pull you head out of the sand!

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry08 View Post
    Back room deals? Didn't King Barry already do this to pass healthcare? Oh yeah, he did, SHAMELESSLY! It was even broadcast on the lame-stream media. Basically buying votes by offering more funding toward their respective states. Pull you head out of the sand!
    It's not head in the sand. You really think they're writing up stuff that will ban all guns? That's what I wrote and you think because I don't think that will happen I have my head in the sand? No

You really think they are going to immediately ban all guns overnight with no problems? You really think they have the votes for that? Feel free to think that will happen, but seriously I am just saying I am getting a little tired of people doing the chicken little dance every day.

I do follow what's going on, but the things I was talking about like avoiding the range because "the government will track you and soon bust down your door" is just a bit much.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Good. The sooner this fiasco is over with, the sooner we can get back to normal. I'd like to be able to buy more ammo by Summer.
    I'd like to afford more ammo by summer.
    ptco911, PAPADALE1 and SL1ckOne like this.

Distinguished Member
    Creepily, the Feinstein monster is putting 2A on the defensive by shifting the question from one of upholding the Constitution, as she's sworn to do, to garnering popular opinion as being superior to the Constitution. The longer she keeps her pet bill in the spotlight, the more popular support it gets simply by its PR drive. It's like an incessant infomercial for the downfall of 2A. It lives.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Don't get scared. This will NOT pass. Alot of states are already implementing their own state-wide policies to combat ANY Federal regulation against the 2nd Amendment. I'm over being nervous and scared. I'm just playing the waiting game on re-supplying ammo, magazines and saving for my next firearm. Even found a 2nd parttime job to help out! :) I've done enough emailing and calling my state reps in South Carolina and I'm positive the message has been received. My parents still live in Missouri and have noticed how the state reps from SC are against this current administration. They're not letting anything pass in this state that implodes on the 2nd amendment or other freedoms. I had an arguement this morning with a democrat co-worker telling me the 2nd amendment is outdated and its time to move on. I almost lost it in a fit of rage. He just doesn't "Get it". I can't fix stupid.

Let it die. What is wrong with this woman. Is she so focused on this that she ignores the real issues about mental illness and criminals having guns. So rather than fix the root issue, she slaps a band aid on it and punishes everyone.
    soonershoote likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Let it die. What is wrong with this woman. Is she so focused on this that she ignores the real issues about mental illness and criminals having guns. So rather than fix the root issue, she slaps a band aid on it and punishes everyone.
    She is trying to divert attention away from Benghazi, The Economy, debt celing, the budget, and all the rest of the important business congress can't seem to figure out. She acts like the little kid who keeps going on and on and interrupting important business to beg for attention to what they want.
    8th ID and thephanatik like this.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    But it's for the children...
    Does that mean my kids can kee their Nerf guns with a drum magazine?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    I had an arguement this morning with a democrat co-worker telling me the 2nd amendment is outdated and its time to move on. I almost lost it in a fit of rage. He just doesn't "Get it". I can't fix stupid.
    Yep. That's the idiotic argument that gets used by the "progressive" crowd. They think they're so intellectual and they don't know squat. I fear that this type of person is exactly the type of voter that will land us all under a totalitarian government someday.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

VIP Member
    The only thing that bothers me more than anti's are people who think everything is conspiracy. The government is out to get them and won't listen to any other info other than what they think is going to happen. I've heard it all, from the UN will go door to door to back room deals to ban all guns etc. I'm getting really tired of hearing that from people. I do think some really want that but realistically, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

I've had people refuse to go to the range because they have to give their DL# and that means they are tracked and they don't wanna be on camera etc. That's just paranoia for no reason IMO. I don't like what's going on any more than them, but I am not ready to write off everything and subscribe to what I can only describe as crazy thinking.

As for this, the headline is severely misleading. The ban isn't coming...the bill is being proposed. What happens from there is what matters and signs are pointing to it going nowhere. Too many politicians are afraid to touch it and then be voted out next election.
    And I know of ranges where the local PD regularly check the paperwork. I also know of PD's that look at all purchase transactions.

Just take a look around you at what is happening in this country. How anyone can be so blind and a gun owner amazes me. America is declining rapidly. Lots of folks, some on this very board no less openly stated that Obama won't go after the guns. What is the administrations number one platform priority for this term? Gun control. Wake up in get in the fight already, what in the darn heck more needs to happen for you to realize our way of life and our values are under threat?
    SpringerXD and soonershoote like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Does that mean my kids can kee their Nerf guns with a drum magazine?
    Hmmmm... That "drum magazine" sounds a little too high capacity. Therefore it must be BANNED!
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    And I know of ranges where the local PD regularly check the paperwork. I also know of PD's that look at all purchase transactions.

Just take a look around you at what is happening in this country. How anyone can be so blind and a gun owner amazes me. America is declining rapidly. Lots of folks, some on this very board no less openly stated that Obama won't go after the guns. What is the administrations number one platform priority for this term? Gun control. Wake up in get in the fight already, what in the darn heck more needs to happen for you to realize our way of life and our values are under threat?
    I'm not sure what you're saying here. You would not go to the range simply because they ask for your ID? That would mean there is no range in South Florida I can shoot at.

To call me blind is absolutely ridiculous and without merit whatsoever.

What exactly do you want us to do? You act like we are hiding in the basement or something. I have contacted all my reps, I am a NRA and GOA member. I pay attention, but I also realize something many people forget. I still have to live my life. I'm not retired yet, I still have bills and things to do. I'm supposed to be afraid to go to the range because they ask for my ID? Really...and what exactly does someone do then? Not shoot at all? That is not an option. Next you'll be telling us not to go to the store because they have you on camera and know what type of boxers you're buying and that by buying brand x you are labeled a terrorist.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar

Some people refuse to see the truth or either entertain the possibility that pure evil actually exist in this world. Its okay us "awakened" kinda people will do all the research and put all the warning orders out for you.

And its okay because RFID chips are real (passports, drivers licenses, medical records, your dogs flesh, even in your food products), geo tracking is real (Black boxes in all cars made in 2014 onwards, Cell phone GPS chips, children being forced to wear GPS devices while in school, etc...), cell phone snooping is real (court cases and lawsuits prove it), chemtrailing is real (http://contrailscience.com/contrail-or-chemtrail/), Police state concealed weapons scanners now being tested in NewYork (http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1245663), do I need to go on? I wont waste the time because you aren't listening. Its okay we will listen for you. As far as running to the hidey hole, no one except the fringe paranoid delusional are doing that. Most people that you apparently disregard as being normal are infact just living a life of minimal exposure to a system designed to collect and harness every piece of information they can to control you and or force you to do stuff.

... as for the OP, your title is incorrectly emphasized. The BAN is not coming, it is being proposed like the quoted person above said. The title is inaccurately depicting what is happening. Now you may be right in the sense that a ban is coming but its not here yet.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links