Assault weapon ban Thursday

This is a discussion on Assault weapon ban Thursday within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Honestly this makes it way too easy for the antis to lump us all in one group as nuts. That is a very big problem....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Assault weapon ban Thursday

Honestly this makes it way too easy for the antis to lump us all in one group as nuts.

That is a very big problem.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    What I want to know is why Feinstein hasn't been banned for attempting to subvert the U.S. Constitution.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    What I want to know is why Feinstein hasn't been banned for attempting to subvert the U.S. Constitution.
    Same reason others aren't. Money
    Doghandler likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Maybe somebody will throw a bucket of water on her, after all it worked for Dorothy.
    Darrow75 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    It isnt about children or even Fienstein she is just another NWO slave puppet brainwashed into thinking she is doing a just cause. It is so much bigger than that. I will say it again the only thing that is a firewall between total one world tyrannical central rule based enslavement is our 2nd Amendment. That is why there are people, especially in the media, who are frothing out the mouth to get us disarmed. Their one world government new world order centralist state utopian draconia cant exist as long as we still remain capable and able to fend them off and they know this.

Wakey Wakey.... the rabbit hole is much deeper than you are willing to accept.
    Pistology likes this.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Maximpactguns View Post
    Don't get scared. This will NOT pass. Alot of states are already implementing their own state-wide policies to combat ANY Federal regulation against the 2nd Amendment. I'm over being nervous and scared. I'm just playing the waiting game on re-supplying ammo, magazines and saving for my next firearm. Even found a 2nd parttime job to help out! :) I've done enough emailing and calling my state reps in South Carolina and I'm positive the message has been received. My parents still live in Missouri and have noticed how the state reps from SC are against this current administration. They're not letting anything pass in this state that implodes on the 2nd amendment or other freedoms. I had an arguement this morning with a democrat co-worker telling me the 2nd amendment is outdated and its time to move on. I almost lost it in a fit of rage. He just doesn't "Get it". I can't fix stupid.
    Whatever you do DO NOT let them get a violent rise out of you unless you have just cause(ie threat or action thereof). Don't stoop to their levels. I've had anti's approach me and berate me in front of an entire store before, but because I kept my composure they looked every bit the donkey they were and the other customers loitering around let them know it!
    cmdrdredd likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That's easy, they only seek to blame the inanimate tool that poses no danger on its own, not the sentient tool who poses an actual threat due to lack of intelligence.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    Amen! I just want to be able to buy an AR for under 1500 bucks
    +1 to that.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I think Dianne Feinstien qualifies as an assault weapon in more ways than one.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Sure, the signs point to it not passing, but Feinstein's bill is just one of a handful that are waiting in the wings. A very real tactic is introducing a number of bills in an effort to inundate the both the House and the Senate. The signs pointed to Obamacare not passing, the signs also pointed to the Supreme Court throwing out the mandate as unconstitutional, I'm sure we all can see where that got us...

From The Hill's Blog Briefing Room, dated 24 Jan, 2013:
    On Tuesday, Reid said he would hold an open-amendment vote on any Senate gun bill that moves through the Judiciary Committee, a move that would increase such a billís chances of passing but would likely limit the scope of any gun-reform measures.

Read more: Sen. Feinstein ready to introduce new ban on assault weapons - The Hill's Blog Briefing Room
    Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But, I repeat myself. ...Mark Twain: Manuscript note, c.1882.
    NRA Life Member & JPFO Member.
    Sig & CZ-aholic, a Ruger SP101 3" & Wiley Clapp GP100

Do not underestimate this administrations propaganda machine. Like it or not, It is very good.

This country is in severe jeopardy, not just the Second Amendment, but our existence as a free republic.

Mark my words, as bad as it seems right now, it will get worse before it gets better. I just hope I can live to see it get better.
    Sheldon J likes this.

Video clip of Feinstein 1/24/2013 announcement of new AWB on C-SPAN 3: click.

Thu 1/24/13, 11:05 am ET
    Approx. 1 hr. 17 min. (various speakers)
    U.S. Capitol
    LIVE Assault Weapons Ban Bill
    1hr 18mins
    Democratic senators and representatives spoke to reporters about legislation to ban military-style weapons and high capacity magazines, the Assault Weapons Ban of 2013.

Quote by Rev. Gary Hall: "I ask that you join me now ... as we come together around these consensual, middle-of-the-road, common-sense legal actions we propose today."

Quote by Sen. Diane Feinstein: "The common thread in these shootings is each gunman used a semi-automatic assault weapon or large-capacity ammunition magazine. Military-style assault weapons have but one purpose and, in my view, that's a military purpose, to hold at the hip if possible, to spray fire, to be able to kill large numbers."

Some details ...

Prohibits:
    • 158 specifically-named military-style firearms

• Other semi-automatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one "military" characteristic.

• Prevents and prohibits specific loopholes, such as:

• slide-iron stock (which can be added to an AR-15, which essentially makes it mimic automatic weapons ... and it's legal)

• Thumbhole stocks (modification)

• Bullet buttons (modification)

• Semi-auto rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10rds.

• Ban on importation of "assault" weapons and large-capacity magazines.

• Elimination of the 10yr sunset.

• Will not affect hunting or sporting firearms -- protects 2200 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes (by make and model exempted from legislation).

• Submits grandfathered/existing firearms to background checks in the event the weapon is sold/transferred.

Per Diane Feinstein, we have tried to recognize:

• Legal hunting rights.

• Legal defense rights.

• Right of citizen to legally possess a weapon. No weapon is taken from anyone.

• Purpose is: to dry up the supply of these weapons over time; therefore, no "sunset" on this bill.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Video clip of Feinstein 1/24/2013 announcement of new AWB on C-SPAN 3: click.

Note: 1hr 18mins in length.
    Anybody that can stand watching 80 minutes of Dianne should probably be on a BANNED list!
    Thunder71 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Anybody that can stand watching 80 minutes of Dianne should probably be on a BANNED list!
    Know thy enemy.

Video clip of Congressional Gun Violence Task Force Meeting, on C-SPAN Jan 23 2013: click.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links