Assault weapon ban Thursday

This is a discussion on Assault weapon ban Thursday within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; from MILLER: National ?assault weapon? ban coming Thursday - Washington Times Black Thursday... Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Assault weapon ban Thursday

from MILLER: National ?assault weapon? ban coming Thursday - Washington Times

Black Thursday...

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the Senate Thursday a new version of the so-called assault weapon ban. A spokesman said the full text will be released at a press conference on Thursday.

The California Democrat intends to expand on the ban that expired in 2004, by including handguns and shotguns, in addition to rifles. She would decrease from two to one the number of cosmetic features on a gun to have it be considered an “assault weapon.” This means that if a gun has just one item like a pistol grip or bayonet lug, then it is illegal. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the same ban in New York last week.
    CALL YOUR REPRESENTIVE AND VOICE YOUR OPINION ASAP!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Rumor is the bill will be read with no objections sent to committee to die or sent to the floor and not receive a unanimous vote to lay the bill before the senate.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I hope she tries to ban everything from bazooks to cap guns. The more her throws in the hard it will be to pass!

.... I'm going to write her and tell her how loud starter pistols are, maybe she'll toss those in too!
    soonershoote and WINTEJER000 like this.

Don't forget those plastic bubble guns.
    Spade115 likes this.

VIP Member
    But it's for the children...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

As it then dies a slow death ....on the Floor and if that does not kill it the House will . Then it will be put in that giant warehouse in a box like Raiders of The Lost Ark .....Where it belongs
    ErnieNWillis likes this.

Reid will want and do ANYTHING to get this to the House, only to put the blame on the GOP when it dies in the House....
    mulle46 likes this.
    S&W M&P 9c
    Ruger LCR + P (.38)
    Kahr PM9
    Taurus M851 (.38)

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Good. The sooner this fiasco is over with, the sooner we can get back to normal. I'd like to be able to buy more ammo by Summer.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by soonershoote View Post
    Reid will want and do ANYTHING to get this to the House, only to put the blame on the GOP when it dies in the House....
    Remember, a lot of Dems come from states that are heavily favorable to the second amendment.
    thephanatik likes this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

We can only hope and pray our reps are actually into keeping what we have and not having anymore regulations

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Good. The sooner this fiasco is over with, the sooner we can get back to normal. I'd like to be able to buy more ammo by Summer.
    Amen! I just want to be able to buy an AR for under 1500 bucks
    soonershoote likes this.
    Say 'what' again! I dare you! I double dare you!-Jules Winnfield aka Samuel L Jackson

The only thing that bothers me more than anti's are people who think everything is conspiracy. The government is out to get them and won't listen to any other info other than what they think is going to happen. I've heard it all, from the UN will go door to door to back room deals to ban all guns etc. I'm getting really tired of hearing that from people. I do think some really want that but realistically, I don't subscribe to that line of thinking.

I've had people refuse to go to the range because they have to give their DL# and that means they are tracked and they don't wanna be on camera etc. That's just paranoia for no reason IMO. I don't like what's going on any more than them, but I am not ready to write off everything and subscribe to what I can only describe as crazy thinking.

Sorry for my rant...talked to one just a few minutes ago.

As for this, the headline is severely misleading. The ban isn't coming...the bill is being proposed. What happens from there is what matters and signs are pointing to it going nowhere. Too many politicians are afraid to touch it and then be voted out next election.
    SayVandelay, PatAz and Darrow75 like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    The only thing that bothers me more than anti's are people who think everything is conspiracy.
    Who put you up to posting this? Who are you working for? Were you on the grassy knoll? Did you or did you not have sex with that woman?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Who put you up to posting this? Who are you working for? Were you on the grassy knoll? Did you or did you not have sex with that woman?
    Hey we all know it was Woody Harrelsons dad on the knoll...And cigars dont lie pal

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Well, signs may point to it not passing, but I will not rest easy until it is dead. Consider, even if it doesn't pass right away, it could always be dragged out and rushed through in a midnight session when the electorate is not watching. Or maybe appended to another bill.

Never turn your back on a politician.
    DaveH, gregnsc and crossfireltd like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links